McFit - a cheap 24hr gym

72 posts in this topic

McFit, anything like McDonald's? fast food fitness? j.k.

interesting deal. 24 hrs. what's it like? a lot of gyms popping up around landsbergerstr.

I went in yesterday to have a look - this fucker is H-U-G-E , I've used them before in Essen - it's got most of everything you need but the dumbells don't go up high enough and there's no cage.

Lotsa cardio , lotsa everything really.

It is the one under 4004 but they already have two branches in Munich.

Best thing about it is 24 hrs tho.

Landsbergerstr. 161-179, Laim

Tel: 089 35657385

Taunusstraße 45, Milbertshofen

Tel: 089 57869604

Didn't see one but then again I was wearin clothes... I think u also haveta pay for usin de showers ... doesnt matter I intend to only use at night when Im bored and cant sleep.

If it's that cheap, it's unlikely to have a sauna. It's cheap because it doesn't have any extras. Still, great idea, I just wish it was a bit closer to where I lived, or vice versa.

yep, true! I pay 64 now so for the difference I can go to the famous spa thingy in Erding and treat myself once a month!

It's cheap because it doesn't have any extras.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not really , the 2nd cheapest gym that I know of is Nautilus gym in Chiemgaustrasse and they have a sauna . The reason why this gym is so cheap is because it will have a massive membership , only 1 employee attending most of the time so very low overheads.

Aha... that also makes sense. The only problem I can forsee would be the cleanliness of the place then, if there's only one attendant and tonnes of people working out, but they would probably put on a couple during peak periods.

ok who in the hell is gonna wanna work out at 3:00 in the morning?

However, JoolyBooly was saying it was right under 4004. I mean you could go party your ass off then go get in the sauna can"t think of a better way to prevent a hangover.

just called there's no shower or steam bath...but for that price who cares!!!

I pay €70-odd a month for Elixia. :o

thanks for the tip.

In Ireland thankyou is spelled "G-U-I-N-N-E-S-S"

But you're welcome - more than I got frm de rest of yiz

http://www.mcfit.de recently opened two gyms in Munich, open 24/7 all year round (365 days a year!) for 15,90 a month!

Absolutely no frills like saunas etc.

Has anybody been there so far?

Thread merged by admin.

so what's the place like?

@parnell - Tell us more about it - is it clean? enough space? Un/friendly staff?

Sorry dude...whaqddaya wanna kno ? It's pretty big - easily one of the biggest in Munich. There is normally only one member of staff on duty - they do show you how to use the equipment if you need that but it's very much a gym for those who just need equipment and a place to train - which is perfect for someone like me. There's tvs with MTV as well but I always bring the iPod. It's usually empty as the 24hr thing means that everyone signs up but no-one goes until it's too late in the evening and then they say "I'll go tomoro". Personally I'm totally sold having dumped my contract on my old gym - it also gets around the hellish problem for me of the heat in summer making heavy training impossible - I'll just train in the very early morning when it's coolest.

Another cheap option for anybody who lives/works near unterfoering/oberfoering. It's the building immediately next door to our office which made it a no-brainer.

http://www.quickfit-online.de

We currently pay 10 euro per month, but plans vary based on lump sum payment or monthly payment, and length of contract. No real frills, but plenty of cardio and weights. Has never been crowded at all when I've gone (usually at lunch or after work), but it's still real new and always seems very clean.

Only extra payment is 50 cents to use the shower.

there is also a 24 hour gym in Unterföhring (easily accessible for those in the north or north-east), forgotten the name (somethin like Quickfit and the website was www.quickfit-online.de, i think)

works out €9,99 a month if you pay up front for 24 months.

not been in yet so can't comment on cleanliness and presence of showers etc.

maybe someone else can comment?