U.S. food sale at Lidl

234 posts in this topic

Coming week Lidl has a variety of North American food on sale so quick while it lasts.

A few examples:

Onion Rings (frozen) 1,19€

Peanut Butter (smooth/crunchy) 1,59€ 454g

Microwave Popcorn -,99€ 3x100g

Marshmallows -,99€ 300g

Salad Dressings (Caesar,Thousand Islands,Blue Cheese,Honey Mustard and Ranch) -,99€ 300ml

Canned Honey Almonds

Ready Meal (American Cheese Pasta-sounds like mac and cheese,Red Beans Chili Rice) -,79€

Cranberry Juice -,99€ 1L

(I think this stuff is not available nation wide)

Go to www.lidl.de for more.

The products at Lidl are usually the "American Way" stuff, but not bad. The Cranberry juice is a good deal, I like to stock up on it when they have it.

As for the "American" sections of Kaufhof, Karstadt and the like, why do they always have Fluff? I mean, I haven't had Fluff since I was like 8 years old and the thought of it now disgusts me. Get rid of it and give that shelf space to something we want, like Cheetos! And Pop Tarts for 6,95€?! Are they insane?! $1 a box at the store when I was home last year.

Who said Cheetos:::drool::: :)

I just picked out stuff that would be relevant not those crap pizzas or crap muffins.

supposed to be marshmellow spread but I tryed it and it's not that great.

Maybe good chips would be better:-)

Fluff baffles me as well, what is it supposed to be used for?

Peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches of course. Great toasted too!

I want some JIF DAMMIT!

or Peter Pan. Yeah, Barney's Best and that other crap just doesn't cut it. They use Spanish peanuts here and they just aren't the same flavor as good Georgia peanuts. Even the Snickers aren't quite right.

I do believe the G&A Grocery sells the better butter, but it costs an arm and a leg.

Ah, I thought it might be a dessert topping. How silly of me not to realize it belongs on bread.

It doesn't belong on anything if you are over the age of 10, I think the one fluffernutter sandwhich i had as a kid is the reason im diabetic now.

As a kid we used Fluff in hot chocolate, just drop a spoonful in as a topper :) Never seen it used any other way myself. As for Jif peanut butter, I think I have an unopened large family jar at home I could give away since I am leaving this summer back to the states. I have a few other things too... I'll have to check when I get home tonight.

The peanut butter they sell during "America Week" at Lidl is awful. Even Barney's Best beats it.

My German husband brought home a container of Marshmallow Fluff once thinking I'd know what to do with it...

Fig Newtons are impossible to find. My kids brought over a half-dozen packages of those delectable things. I took some to Cinema Munchen to sip with my coffe while awaiting the movie. I made a lot of friends that night... "Oh my God! Where did you get them from?" If I were an available man, I could have gotten a few phone numbers that night. Guys, take note - them cookies are babe magnets!

Peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches

Jesus, I've found myself becoming so ridiculously pro-american over the last few years, mostly in response to the pathetic wave of anti-americanism I see sweeping across the globe.

Changed my mind now though, you should all fucking die.

you should all fucking die.

This may please you then: Study: Life Expectancy Is Dropping

Washington Post :For the first time since the Spanish influenza of 1918, life expectancy is falling for a significant number of American women. In nearly 1,000 counties that together are home to about 12 percent of the nation's women, life expectancy is now shorter than it was in the early 1980s, according to a study published today.

I dont think these special products of the weak that discounters offer regularly are targeted towards expats. They just try to appeal to what the german consumer thinks is typical for a certain country...

And even for a german, these experiences can be rather disappointing. A few months back I bought a pack of marshmallows - I thought millions of americans cant be wrong... I roasted it, I put it into hot chocolate, I ate it raw... :blink: Normally I love all kinds of sweets - but this sticky stuff just tastes like disgustingly sweet chemicals - bleagh. Not to mention that it is hard to handle if it gets hot. I guess Ill stick with german "Mäusespeck". ;)

When I hear about American products in Germany, I just picture boxes and boxes of canned corn. That seems to be the German's impression of what makes food 'American'. American pizza? Just throw some canned corn on top, and voila!

Also, to whoever above mentioned ranch dressing: the Karstadt at the Hauptbanhof has Newmans Own ranch dressing. Spendy, but it's there.