Scientology van spotted in Munich

115 posts in this topic

post-3041-1208416984.jpg
It seems that the Scientologists are in town to attack Psychiatry with a travelling exhibition called "Psychiatrie - Tod Statt Hilfe". I was on my way home yesterday when I came across this van parked outside Bei Mario restaurant on Adalbertstr. It was hard to ignore its B-movie horror imagery complete with lightning effects. I took a couple of photos for future reference. Watch out for these guys - they won't mention that they are Scientologists, but that they are members of "The Citizens Commission on Human Rights". Here is some info from Wikipedia.

I think I saw that, but my German is pretty useless so I assumed they were advertising some sort of kink show.

I guess it turns out I was right.

So Scientologists are against mental health care professionals, could be they fear a reduction in the pool of potential recruits.

They are sneaking around a lot in this neighborhood (Uni viertal) lately. Has anyone tried garlic or crosses yet?

The exhibition if anybody is interested in on Schwanthaler Str. They've hired one of the big shops, and have posters all over. some of the diciples hang around outside informing passers by that it is free to enter. Easily spotted it a mile away. Had a look in the window but there is no refs to S-logy whatsoever. I'll possibly go in tomorrow for a laugh...

The state-of-the-art museum documents that psychiatry is an industry driven entirely by profit,

Well I'm happy sci-fi tology aint here for the money, thats ranks em right up there with the IRA and Al-Qaida in there religious quests in my book.

Such humble servants like

(sci-fi tologys Dalia lama)

He is the IAS Freedom Medal of Honor winner(I think you get them at your local fair when u hit 3 balloons in a row) and one of the shortest guys around(napoleon syndrome)

"As a Scientologist you drive by an accident and know your the ONLY one that can help" OOOKKKAAYY? <_<

"If your on board, your on board" You got that right :huh:

"You better know it, better know it and if you dont...you know...go and learn it" AAAHHHHHH. :blink:

I'm sorry I couldn't listen any more it's like a football player being interviewed after being hit by a truck.

Last time I looked Scientology had a fullblown information operation going on Fendstr in Schwabing. they have the whole main floor of what used to be the Hotel Schwabing before it moved further up Leopoldstr. I don't know whether it"s a church or a chapel or retreat or whatever. They do hand out a lot of pamphlets and I suppose more advice that anyone could ever want. Isn't Scientology considered a cult and not a religion by the German government?

Don't you mean "Xenu is gonna punish you thetans."

Had a walk over and I have to say that even though the Scientologists may have bucket loads of cash, their window dressing skills just aren't up to scratch. Their oversized banner was more tacky than creepy and not exactly eye catching. On closer inspection the windows just displays heaps of books and DVD's about how Psychiatric care is the worlds greatest evil. I must have been at the window five seconds when one of the converted started to approach with a fistful of flyers - so I wandered off.

post-3041-1208676929_thumb.jpg

As soon as I spotted the Scientologist(pictured - blue coat) who tried to approach me talking to some passer-by I ventured in.