Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fancy dress outfit ideas for a German-themed party

18 posts in this topic

I need help with a Fancy Dress outfit for a German Themed Party!

I'm leaving the UK very very soon and heading to Nuremberg and am having a leaving do for my friend back here and it's gonna be German Themed. Not having really visited or studied Germany I'm a little stuck for ideas as to what to wear. :unsure:

Any advice guys?

Thanks!

Easiest is probably to just pop into a costume shop and rent for an evening since in London any nice German stuff will be horribly expensive. Wait until you're here and then get yourself something authentic if you want to actually own fancy German clothes. If just a jokey on the cheap kind of thing, then get yourself one of those German-style felt hats with a feather and carry around a huge beer mug ;) (filled with beer, of course!)

Since just about everyone will be going the Bavarian track see if you can find a shirt similar to these Fischerhemden. Wear that with jeans and tie a red bandana around your neck for the authentic look. Rub your skin with dead fish for the authentic smell.

If you're female and have blonde hair you could go as Marlene Dietrich. Top hat, smoking suit and cigarette. You'd have to shave your eyebrows off though and pencil on skinny ones... :)

a curly black wig, fake black chest rug and leather pants, go as David Hasselhof.

Really cheapo idea: get a load of carrier bags, chop them up, make an outfit and go as Aldi.

Bit sweaty though.

Go as a deckchair covered in a beachtowel and carry a "reserved" sign.

Wear a helmet with a spike sticking out the top, a bushy moustache and long boots.