Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Resources for finding housing near Regensburg

3 posts in this topic

In two weeks I begin my new job down at Hohenfels which is approximately 40 minutes to the NW of Regensburg. I currently live in Weiden but don't want to make the daily commute to work from there. So far, I've browsed through the listings in the Mittelbayerischer Zeitung and haven't found much. I've also looked through Immobilien24.de but am flabbergasted by the finders fees they charge and would rather avoid that. I will be visiting with the Hohenfels housing office this coming Monday, but they also say they don't have much available right now. To make matters more difficult, I do have a dog and would rather have a house or duplex rather than an apartment.

Any suggestions on other resources to look through for housing? I do have an add being placed in the Mittelbayerischer Zeitung starting Saturday, but don't know how that will go. I'm going to be stressed until I secure something! I've got to be out of my current apartment in Weiden on the 19th of April and time is getting short! If all else fails, anyone know of a good place I can pitch a tent until I do find a place??

One last note - I'm focussing on the A-3 corridor, somewhere around Parsberg or that area. Neumarkt would be as far as I'd be willing to go.

thanks!

I'm afraid that if you're short of time, you may have to bite the bullet and pay an agent's fee. Outside of the large cities, the only source for finding property apart from websites like Immoscout24 is the local newspapers, and even many of those adverts will be from agents. The only other option that springs to mind is checking the noticeboards in local supermarkets or libraries.

Thank you for the reply.

Turns out, I got downright lucky today. I found a great house in Parsberg right in my price range and with no Immobilien fees. Perfect location, perfect size house with everything I would want including a kitchen, w/d, garage, large yard for my doggy... I move in two weeks! That's one fire put out. Now, on to the next one.

I have received two funny calls regarding the add I put in the paper. The advert specifically said I had a dog and that I'm American. The two people I've talked to seemed extremely surprised when they found out I was American (my inadequate German must have tipped them off) and were very surprised to learn I had a dog. Welcome to the Oberpfalz, where reading comprehensive is rarely mandatory.