Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to register to work as a doctor in Munich

8 posts in this topic

I need advice on where I can apply to register to work as a doctor in Germany, Munich. Can anyone point me into the right direction?

Thanks!

I will trty them. Do you know if there is any specific requirements as far as language courses go? I hear I need to learn German, but are there any "accredited courses" or will any evening class do?

all your questions will answered best by the Landesärztekammer. I only know one doctor on TT she worked at US army facilities and has since left Germany and doesn't post any more, so I doubt anyone will be able to answer any specific questions.

Just to wrap this up and make it helpful for other readers - this is what I learned from several german websites: To work as a doctor you need the "Approbation" (unlimited permission). This is only given to EU-citizens. If you are non-EU, you might only get a temporary permission. Foreigners in bavaria normally need to contact the "Regierung von Oberbayern" for both. You need to proof all kind of stuff (with original documents and their official german translations) and you have to be able to speak and read and write german on a very high level.

Of course there are all kinds of special regulations for special cases. The "Landesärztekammer" that sb mentioned will probably know more details.

Hi Rooibos,

Going through a similar thing at the moment. I'm a South African physio and have now started the process of going through the whole 'accreditation' process (although the SA qualification is a 4 year degree and over here it is a vocational training!) For me there is definitely a language requirement - I have to have proof of at least a B2 language level - which really is not that high, I expected it to be higher. Don't know if it's the same for docs? I have to do my accreditation throught the Regierung of Oberbayern - there is a whole weblink dedicated to it: www.regierung.oberbayern.de. Click on 'Wir fuer Sie', then 'Genehmigungen', then you'll see a bit about Berufserlaubnisse. All in German I'm afraid and if you click on the English translation, half of the info is not there! Hope that helps!

Hello Roiboos,

I am a Dentist working in Munich. I do not know if the same Accreditation rules apply for medical Doctors as well, but in any case you need to get in touch with a certain Frau Heiß (Tel.-Nr.: 089 2176-2634 Fax-Nr.: 089 2176-402634) from the Regierung von Oberbayern. She is at the moment in charge for the recognisation of foreign Degrees. PM me if you want more information. Like mentioned by somebody else before , basic German language skills are required to be able to qualify for the Berufserlaubnis.

All the best.

Cheers,

TF

p.s: I did the Zertifikat Deutsch some 3 years ago, and that level of Language was accepted then for my Berufserlaubnis.