Life in Lüneburg

5 posts in this topic

Hi

Haven't heard any mention of Lüneburg since I've been posting here, so thought I'd ask the question! Does anyone live in Lüneburg? I'm moving here in June to live with my girlfriend, and already know a fair few faces but thought it would be cool to find out if there were any other people in a similar boat as me (still learning to speak German, looking for work etc). So if anyone wants to have a chat about Lüneburg give me a shout!

Tschüss!

Barri

Hmm. If you know a few faces, maybe Huw Hamilton is one of them already, if not, go to the Old Dubliner Irish Pub, he took over a while ago.

We don't live in Lüneburg, but we sometimes go to the Old Dubliner when our friend Richie Harte plays there (he's very good, highly recommended!!) or for the Karaoke (Huw does a mean Karaoke ;) )

Lüneburg is full of students, so it should be easy to get to know people who speak English...

If you have any particular question, send me a PM, I might be able to help you, a friend of mine works in Lüneburg and knows it quite well.

edit: you may want to post this as well in the Niedersachsen Forum...?!!

Cheers for that. I have been to the Irish pub quite a few times and it seems like a pretty cool place.

I'm eager to speak German with as many locals as possible, in order to improve my language skills, so of the 102,660 people living here, I was hoping I may occasionally bump into some British natives. :-)

Cheers

Barri

Hi Barri,

I live in Luneburg, great little place!

my girlfriend studies here and i fortunately still work for a uk based company from home, which does however mean my German is rubbish!

but everyone seems to speak English which just makes me lazier!

Ah the irish pub, that reminds me I'm over due for some guniness. thank feck its friday!

Schroders garden is a great little summer pub by the river though! just hoping we get a summer this year...

Simon