Thor Steinar shop opens in Berlin Mitte

191 posts in this topic

I'm not going to give away what my next piss-taking target is just yet.

You'll just have to be patient and wait and see what's next...

I have a thing about Norway its one of the richest counties in the world and comes top or near the top of every ledge table you care to mention. Have you ever meet anyone from Norway or gone there or heard a bit of news from there or a sports team from or a Eurovision win or an entry, a Movie anything, anything to remember it by. So I think Norway is a made up country. But evidence like this says Norway must exist at the end of a road somewhere. Talk about an absence of presence.

I've been to Norway, it's a beautiful country and the people are friendly and not neo-Nazi types at all. The major downside is that it's bloody expensive.

Have you ever meet anyone from Norway or gone there or heard a bit of news from there or a sports team from or a Eurovision win or an entry, a Movie anything, anything to remember it by

Yes to all except for that Eurovision banality shite.

I have a thing about Norway its one of the richest counties in the world and comes top or near the top of every ledge table you care to mention. Have you ever meet anyone from Norway or gone there or heard a bit of news from there or a sports team from or a Eurovision win or an entry, a Movie anything, anything to remember it by. So I think Norway is a made up country. But evidence like this says Norway must exist at the end of a road somewhere. Talk about an absence of presence.

This is true. We are famous for our money and scenery, but not much more. Well, we are also famous for getting zero points in the Eurovision. I´m actually quite proud of that.

At any rate I think the whole concept of nations is kind of stupid, although it has proven to be convenient. But I still don´t like how the Nazis fancy our flag and symbols. Yes, Thor Steinar is a Norwegian name, and Tönsberg (or Tønsberg) a city.

But that´s not the real problem, off course, it bothers me more that these guys actually have set up a shop in the mittle of Berlin. Screw them.

Ahh you're being a bit harsh about Eurovision ABBA came from them and Celine Delon.

Well, we are also famous for getting zero points in the Eurovision. I´m actually quite proud of that.

You should read Nul Points by Tim Moore. Quite entertaining stuff. Starts off with tracking down Jahn Teigen and takes it from there.

Ahh you're being a bit harsh about Eurovision ABBA came from them and Celine Delon.

I can forgive it ABBA. They have some good songs.

But Celine Dion?

Never. Must she forever suffer in agony, and the people who voted for her too.

New Balance Shoes, an american shoe company that manufactures high quality, athletic performance footwear has been taken by Extremeright peeps in Germany, due to the N logo on the shoe representing "nationalism"...oh pu-lease!

I have a feeling the Right or Nazi movement in Germany places higher priority on fashion and less on actual agendas (not that I would like any of their agendas prioritized).

Its almost like the Goths, purely sub-cultural, a bit immature and if you are still dressing this way at 26, then a colossal nerd with a pet snake and/or tarantula at home next to your Magic cards.

Yeah there was a magazine show on RTL or one of the other shitty German TV channels last night about how the right is being influenced by the left in terms of style. But there is definitely a shady undertone to it (as you would expect), the right are also copying the logos of the left on street stickers and posters and hijacking musical genres like hiphop which for obvious reasons would have formerly been more popular with the left. This is a common tactic from an opposing political faction to try and water down the impact of the message that their adversaries are trying to deliver.

I can forgive it ABBA. They have some good songs.

But Celine Dion?

Never. Must she forever suffer in agony, and the people who voted for her too.

Celine Dion was born in Charlemagne, Quebec, Canada. Who is Celine Delon? Never heard of her. :unsure:

Naziism was a religion and drew heavily on Nordic mythology. Not Norwegian mythology, Nordic, the same gods which were worshipped a couple thousand years ago here as well.

So historically inaccurate...

This is true. We are famous for our money and scenery, but not much more. Well, we are also famous for getting zero points in the Eurovision. I´m actually quite proud of that.

What pisses me off is that you often give no points to Sweden...that is nothing to be proud of! :)

I also heard that the Boehse Onkelz (sp?) were also a Nazi group, but never looked into it myself. Could be a false rumour like for Rammstein.

Accusations yes, but true or not ??

Even today the band is accused - despite many attempts at dissociation - of having right-wing-extremist tendencies, whereby frequently the band's 1981 song Türkähn rauhs (modified spelling of German "Türken raus", meaning "Turks out") is named. This song was written during their punk phase. The Onkelz say that the song was developed as a reaction to a specific gang of Turks which often involved the Onkelz in fights. Critics claim that the song doesn't refer to a specific group, but demands that "all Turks have to go". This generalization must, according to the band, be taken in the context of their primitive way of thinking at that time. Also the song Deutschland den Deutschen (Germany to the Germans), which is a rewritten version of "Oi, Oi, Oi", is often named. This song, too, was developed as a reaction to their experiences on the street.

Böhse Onkelz

neither are the neo's or the lefty punks political organisations...they are only thugs, gangs and degenerate losers whom harrass, intimidate and destroy property, if not incite violence.

I wish the media would stop giving so much credence to these losers and showing them more for what they are. Perhaps that unique, sub-cultural sect image would wash over.

PS Neo-nazis and their "ausländer raus" shit? are you kidding me? Do you know what humanitarian crisis Germany would be facing within 6 months with the absence of foreign investment, global trade agreements, etc.? Not to mention a first ever exclusion from the EU and loss of their current membership on the UN's Security Council Committee. Anyone remember Hamas in Palestine or what the RAF and USAF did to Dresden?

Perhaps we should ban Doc Martens too? And Fred Perry shirts? What about bomber jackets?Burberry jackets too? White boot laces? How about we ban all clothing with any sort of political connatotion? Level the field a bit? As well as Thor Steinar and Lonsdale we should ban anything with Che on it, anything with a hammer and sickle, anything with a red star on it..old NVA kit that people use as workclothes. All those hawkers selling old Communist and DDR trinkets at Potsdamer Platz or on Tiergarten flohmarkt...they should be banned too lest anybody be inspired to work towards DDR Mk2.

Someone on this thread commented on the fact that the first logo was a poorly disguised swastika. I am not so sure about poorly disguised. It took me a few goes to actually see it...all I was seeing were runes. Perhaps they should be banned too

The NPD and their associated hangers-on may be repugnant to many but we either a democracy or we don't. If the latter - well Germany has been there before a few times over the last century already.

Political violence of all shades must stop..however I doubt very much that banning this or that brand will really have any bearing on it. If a person breaks the law then the law will deal with them. Daubing paint on shops does not really help