Negotiating the salary for a job offer at EADS

53 posts in this topic

60k sounds cheap, you must put a clause for a 10-15% hike after 1 year sal... so that it looks more decent at 70k after 1 year.

2/3 year good exp in mech design/analysis=60k... Also depends on the extra living costs (big city v/s small village)

Best of luck, Also clear this 13th month salary... because somehow it is not always a fixed proportion (workers council stuff etc!!)

I have little problem getting the work permit.

I have earlier received a job offer in Stuttgart and I said yes, so the company took care of the work permit and in the mean time I had a job interview with EADS and I took the offer with EADS? Now, EADS is trying to get me a work permit but there seem to be little problem because I have already received a work permit for a different company in Stuttgart? Is this a big problem? What should I do? The HR manager told me that they may have to delay my starting date. I want to resolve this ASAP? Any advice?

Hallo everyone,

I had an interview with EADS Germany, i am industrial engineer with 10 years work experience. Now they are asking me for my salary expectations?? Could you please help me, which salary i should negotiate?

Thanks

If you are going in to the Tariff group, there is no negotiation, you get the union rate for the job

if not difficult, because you will be AT, or higher there you need to provide much more detail on the job offer.

I am quite suprised they offered you a job, because I heard that because of COVID and the lack of aeroplane order that they have a ban on hireing external employees

19 hours ago, yesterday said:

If you are going in to the Tariff group, there is no negotiation, you get the union rate for the job

Is that optional? How does this work in Germany?

12 minutes ago, MikeMelga said:

Is that optional? How does this work in Germany?

if the company, EADS in this case, has accepted a binding agreement with the union, then there are a series of tables showing how much you will get, what you get paid is affected, by which tariff group you are in/what tariff group the job was advertised as, how many years you have been in that group, and the area in which the company is located.

EG The job, will be advertised  at a certain level  for say Tariff 10-12, that puts you at certain point in the Tariif table, the only way to get more money is to argue the job should be at a higher level,  if they accept you get more money, its much the same for Ausser traff, as  they are generally regulated in a similar way, but with some differences - the next level up, is all negotiation.

If you are viewed as an expert in an area, then the company can give extra benifits, without being on a higher grade, like a free car

Of course not every company will have this binding agreement. 

You can work for the company as a sub contractor, in different ways and again then its all negotiation 

BTW

if you take on a post and are 'in tarif' and should the union/workers council negotiate a pay rise in the future, then you'll get it too.

If you go the AT route (outside the tarif), then you will not get the payrise. You have to negotiate that for yourself. And good luck trying! 

1 hour ago, HH_Sailor said:

BTW

if you take on a post and are 'in tarif' and should the union/workers council negotiate a pay rise in the future, then you'll get it too.

If you go the AT route (outside the tarif), then you will not get the payrise. You have to negotiate that for yourself. And good luck trying! 

My company always raises the AT pay to the same level that the Tariff people get, you do not have to even ask, as far as I know. So they always stay ahead

1 hour ago, HH_Sailor said:

Since I´ve been in Germany I´ve had a very good raise every year, above 6%. Exception was this year due to Corona. I prefer negotiating.

2 hours ago, yesterday said:

My company always raises the AT pay to the same level that the Tariff people get, you do not have to even ask, as far as I know. So they always stay ahead

I second this. Same in my company with IG Metall. AT employees, however, don't get paid travel time nor overtime. Overtime can't be taken as spare time as well. You have a higher salary and get paid to get the job done!

Interesting, my company has Glietzeit or flexitime, so you can work up hours during a high work load period and then use them, say to take a week off after the high workload period is over, AT and Tariff can use this system. There are many ways your contract can be written with various benefits and negatives