Negotiating the salary for a job offer at EADS

53 posts in this topic

Hello,

I got a job offer in Aerospace Industry at Eurocopter as a Design Engineer. I have close to 8 years of experience at Boeing in US. 5 years as a Design Engineer and 3 years as Manufacturing analyst. EC gave me an offer for 48,000Euro/year. I have originally asked for 60000euro/year as my salary expectation at initial phone interview. I called them but couldn't get a hold of HR manager to negotiate the salary. Is it acceptable to ask for 60000 euro/year or should I lower my expectation. I speak German and on the contract doesn't say anything about 13 month pay or Christmas, vacation or bonuses? Can somebody give me an advice. They also promised to pay my moving expenses. I will PM some of you that seem to work for EC & EADS. I'll try calling EC HR manager tomorrow.

As someone who has dealt with EADS before ( in the job sense), I think you should ask for 60K...also try bonuses, 13th month sal..worst case try making them to put in a clause to make your sal 60K after 6 months ( based on your performance or otherwise)

If I ask for 60k per year does that mean that the 13 month is included or is 13 month and christmas pay something mandatory at such a huge company as EADS?

I was may be thinking to lower my expectation little bit and ask for 55k.

Thanks for advice.

how do feel about producing a product that is used to kill human beings.

whats that worth to you?

Generally they do a 13 month pay i.e., if you ask for 60K, they are gonna split it up across 13 months ( not sure about Christmas pay and stuff)...atleast that's what they offered me...so I think u can still ask for 60K...worst case they try to come back to you with their norms...then you can probably ask for some other perks and settle for a lesser amount...

That figure sounds low, frighteningly low IMHO. Granted I've never worked for EC, but for a person with such experience it sounds like they are lowballing you. Maybe I'm missing something, do people in EC pay income tax? or are they like the EPO people too?

If you want 60k, ask for 75k.

When they brow beat you down to 55 or 60, ask for a company car.

It is not certain that the USD will stay in the toilet like it is now and you still have to live over here anyway.

GOOD LUCK!!

ff

I tried calling HR Manager but his OA told me that he's out till Wends. 26th of March. I'll call him then.

In the contract it says a salary of 4k euro pro month, can I assume that is 52k a year including the 13month salary, assuming that Eurocopter pays 13 month like some of you acknowledged that.

If I ask for 60k euro, is there a change that they could reject me as a candidate for position for asking much more then what they are offering? I mean I would settle for 55k but I want to try to get as much as possible.

"Berny says: how do feel about producing a product that is used to kill human beings. whats that worth to you?"

Berny why do you think Eurocopter = Killing Machine Only company? That is really a sarcastic comment. Do some research before posting such a comment. Eurocopter is world largest helicopter supplier, they build Civil, Parapublic and Military helicopters.

My offer is for Eurocopter Design Center to work on Airbus components at Eurocopter design center in Donauwoerth.

Since you have good enough experience, you can definitely ask for 60k. If they aint ready for that, come down to 55K. Thats more than reasonable for your experience (although I dont exactly know your skills and the field that you work). Also, just tread carefully if you are serious about this position and want to work in Germany.

BTW, If everthing's clear, 'Welcome To Donäu-Wörth'. If you travel a couple of kms, you will be inside a large meteor crater. ;)

Guys/Gels, thanks for you info.

I'm woundering if you know or have a salary table for EADS or EC or Airbus. I know that these huge companies must have some type of salary ranges. I know here in Boeing we have such a system. I would like to know based on my 8 years experience in aerospace industry in what salary min-max am I looking at for design engineer (electrical installation/systems)?

Thanks.

Joe have you worked out what you will earn NET? I don't know if you know but taxes are around 45-50% of your income. Can you live on €2k/month NET?

Again for your qualifications and experience it seems low. Are they paying for relocation or other benefits?

sorry , EC should have been EADS earlier .

If you travel a couple of kms, you will be inside a large meteor crater.

Referring to Nördlinger Ries. If you are into flying yourself you will be in one of Germany's prime gliding areas.

It you travel a bit more, you will be at Einstein's place of birth. (Ulm) ;)

If you travel a couple of kms, you will be inside a large meteor crater.

Referring to Nördlinger Ries. If you are into flying yourself you will be in one of Germany's prime gliding areas.

It you travel a bit more, you will be at Einstein's place of birth. (Ulm) ;)

EDIT: But dont be so excited about that. There's nothing special at Dönau-Wörth. :ph34r:

I was already in Dönauwörth for an interview like 2 weeks ago. Yeah, it's really a small city with like 20k people. My plan is to live in Augsburg and take a train to work. I talk to some people that work there and they are doing that. Supposed to be only 20-30min Augsburg - Dönauwörth with train. 30min with car.

I'm married and we have one child, plan no to pay church tax + 150eu kindergeld, am I looking at 30% taxes to be taken away from my brutto.

Since I'm married, my wife doesn't work at least for now and we have one child, what tax class do I belong? Tax class III?

thanks

Some people are talking bollocks on here, the salary offered is about normal for an engineer, the clever bit is to convince them that you are a senior engineer. ;)