Cadbury Creme Eggs

34 posts in this topic

I know someone here who eats them by the dozen!

2 dozen last time I counted ;) can you bring me a few more boxes? I am almost out :(

Well, went to P&W and bought 2 creme eggs...ate one tonight so my immediate craving is satisfied...will hide the other one until Easter weekend - then I'll have another treat to look forward to :)

Just in Scotland and come across a new chocolate bar. 'Creme Egg Twisted'.

Basically a creme egg in a bar form. Very nice.

'How do you eat yours' will be interesting as the only way to eat it in one would seem to be to deep throat it.

Of course biting the end off and the creme dribbling out is likely to be a favorite.

Already, this egg announcement is threatening the stability of the UK government. What havoc will this monster wreak next?

So, should we now let the eggs go past their sell-by date and start throwing them at politicians? :lol:

Kraft makes plenty of different chocolates in both Europe and America, so I don't follow that they're suddenly going to use the Hershey's recipe.

@ nina: that sounds pretty much on par with Russian chocolate (at least the last time I tried it.)

Cadbury's have stated that they plan to use standard Cadbury chocolate instead of Cadbury Milk Chocolate. They never said they were using Hershey's or any American recipe.

And I bet you, if I placed a single "original" milk chocolate egg in a bag filled with the new ones, I doubt anyone would be able to pick it out in a blind taste test.

Almost all the complaints are Nationalist ones, with people crying fowl that some "foreign" country has got their dirty paws onto "our" chocolate.

Anyway... spare a thought for the poor folk in New Zealand who has had this happen twice. First in 2010, the local manufacturer stopped making them and began importing the UK variety which some people once again claimed the new version tasted too horrible to eat - although if you listen to what they were really saying, it was something along the lines of "that some "foreign" country has got their dirty paws onto "our" chocolate." (seem familiar?)

Now, just when they got used to that dirty foreign taste... it is all happening again.

I bet few NZers could really taste the difference the first time around either. (Reference to an article in New Zealand's largest newspaper, the NZ Hearld, where they describe the British creme egg as... "shite pommy crap": http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10626016)

Looks like the same sort of stuff happens everywhere.