Where to buy hydrogen peroxide

17 posts in this topic

This may be easily dismissed as a stupid question, but I can't find peroxide anywhere here. Where should I be looking? And what's it called here? Is it called by it's same name?

i went to my local schlecker and asked for some and the lady was so puzzled that she couldn't even bring herself to be rude.

I buy it in Canada, along with Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Tylenol, Tinactin... the list is long, the savings pay for half the flight.

You take peroxide (an oxydising agent) on a plane? Let me know when you are travelling so I take care not to be on same plane.

See for example Lufthansa web under "Gefährliche Gegenstände".

The hydrogen peroxide I simply stick in checked luggage. There's absolutely no danger because it's a 3% solution, ie mostly water. I use it to pour on cuts as an antiseptic. Works great.

What about H202, the higher dose used for Hydrogen Peroxide therapy? Where do you find that in Germany? In the States I hear you can get it in farming supply stores because they use it on sick animals, but I have no clue about here. Anyone know?

Perhaps asking at a farm supply store.. Germany is full of farms with animals, I'm sure they get their supplies from somewhere.

Wasserstoffperoxid is the right answer. Any Apoteke will have it.

Animal supply store? Explosive peroxide?

Toytown never disappoints...

Germany is full of farms with animals

Berlin isn't.

Explosive peroxide?

85+% HTP is prone to spontaneous explosion and uncontrolled degradation, and is legally limited in Germany to use in small quantities only. The Sauerland terrorist group was caught when they assembled a stock of 730 l of 35% hydrogen peroxide that they wanted to concentrate further to build the equivalent of a 1000-lb bomb.

http://www.ace-fleckentferner.de/whatIs.php -- Ace "mild bleach" also has hydrogen peroxide in it. Don't know how much though.

I have some Mellerud Schimmel Entferner from Obi which is a 10% solution of hydrogen peroxide.

To make a dog vomit:

"Wasserstoffperoxid is the right name. You have to use Wasserstoffperoxid

3%!!

You can get it in the Pharmacy.

what about chlorine bleach? I'm having a hell of a time getting the crappy "weisspulvers" and "farbentferners" to actually work on my whites...