What's got you flummoxed today?

6,946 posts in this topic

Put an old nylon or stocking over the end of the vacuum if it's something small and light that you want to keep from being sucked all the way into the vacuum.

I am flummoxed today because my American bank informs me that I'm pre-approved for a home equity loan of $120k. Just few mouse clicks and the money is mine. I sold my home a year and a half ago and cancelled the homeowners insurance (also with the same institution) at that time. Makes me wonder if the offer is emblematic of the US's current banking crisis. :blink:

Put an old nylon or stocking over the end of the vacuum if it's something small and light that you want to keep from being sucked all the way into the vacuum.

Now there's a great idea! I was able to get it out grabbing it with scissors, then using the [too short] pliers to pull it out the rest of the way. That's what I get for being on TT when I should have been watching the small beast. ;) Back I home, I had my neighbor (plumber) to call on when my earring went down the drain and into the pipe!

I just read that the British Army is suspending parachute training till 2011 in an effort to save money. You'd think there would be other less demoralising ways of saving money really.

Good luck if you've aspirations to join the Parachute Regiment before then :wacko:

You need The Claw

They have them in Tedi right now for 1 euro and they have a magnet on the bottom too, they also have the bigger ones to pick up paper & stuff.

It's official: my 4 year old speaks German better than I do. *whaah!*

I was just now told I need to come up with a shepherd costume for Jr by Friday. Didn't the Kita know about this "play" earlier??

So I guess I need to sacrifice a pillow case for a tunic, and put a washcloth on his head? :rolleyes:

Don't think the shepherds had white robes, more sort of brown and tatty, layered look. Unless your kindy is doing another version? A chequered tea towel fixed on with black cord is good for the headgear. A Dad/Mum sized brown or dark blue T shirt, or a clean sack with arms cut out over a child sized white one, old dark pull on trousers would more or less do it. Of course a bit of striped ethnic-look something over the shoulder and fixed with something tied around the waist would look good too.

Work is being done to my building today. Supposedly it's painting but it sounds like they are trying to vibrate the building down. It's some kind of drilling. It's been going on for weeks. Crumbs!

arrgg.

One of my employees (top notch) has shingles and two days ago, seeing that she was looking out of sorts and after she described her symptoms and I guessed correctly, I sent her to see the doc and go and get some rest. She's out again today.

Another top notch employee thinks it my fault she is sick, "because I work them too hard". It's a virus, virus, virus! And she was hiking in the Hymalayas for a month, a month and a half ago!

I'm flummoxed because I feel guilty that employee number one's job-related stress might just perhaps have a bit to do with the whole thing.

Shingles is extremely debilitating!... I know, I had it last year!

@ spatown, thanks for the suggestions; I found some brown, ratty stuff that I think will work.

I'm flummoxed because I feel guilty that employee number one's job-related stress might just perhaps have a bit to do with the whole thing.

you should not feel guilty, everyone react differently to stress, and you cannot prove the job stress was the cause of shingles! A virus that lays dormant in ones body!

At one point I thought my work stress was the cause of my roseca on my cheeks, but after reevaluating a few friendships and changing those relationships my face cleared up! So, might not be your stress, but her own personal stress.

Hi Carm! Thanks, the logic is good, and I agree with you. (yet I still feel guilty) Ergo flummoxed.

Sociology essay on Foucault and Elias.The first time I am totally unable to make an attempt at something.

Ok, I know this is both unimportant and petty, further I know I am lucky to have the level of access I have... Anyway, I am completely annoyed that the hostel where I am staying in Riga will not turn off the music and play the audio of the Miami Dolphin game tomorrow. I know, I know, how fucking petty can I be to complain that I can ONLY watch an NFL game and not hear it while travelling inthe Baltics... But I'm irritated anyways.

perdido, despite the fact that you stood me up recently, if you are about to tell me how to watch NFL on my laptop you will be my best friend for a yet to be determined amount of time.