What's got you flummoxed today?

8,558 posts in this topic

Went to the pharmacy and paid only €1,68 for 20 tablets of Paracetamol. Wow, I never paid this little in Germany.

43 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Went to the pharmacy and paid only €1,68 for 20 tablets of Paracetamol. Wow, I never paid this little in Germany.

You can order them online for as little as 72 cents.  You would have to pay for shipping but you get out of that again if your order reaches 20€.  I found out about this a few years ago after buying some 40€ worth of stuff at a pharmacy and out of curiousity googling my purchases and finding out they would have been 23€ at the online version of the same pharmacy.  Recently I also found out that the prices are lower if you google each product before you add it to your cart than if you fill your cart from the pharmacy website. 

Ah, I go to the pharmacy less than 5 times per year and there is one opposite my apartment. I buy very little. I’m not that German 😀.

Just learned from a friend that when you tie your shoes in a double bow and then can't undo them because it rained and they got wet and went all tight, you just pull one of the strings and it all comes apart.

It's true. One tightens, the other loosens.

How did I not know this? 

2 hours ago, kiplette said:

Just learned from a friend that when you tie your shoes in a double bow and then can't undo them because it rained and they got wet and went all tight, you just pull one of the strings and it all comes apart.

It's true. One tightens, the other loosens.

How did I not know this? 

Did you ever try an "easy release double knot", i.e. option 2 in here?

https://www.wikihow.com/Tie-Laces-in-a-Double-Knot

8 hours ago, PandaMunich said:

Did you ever try an "easy release double knot", i.e. option 2 in here?

Never heard of it.

By crikey, it works :) - both long strings are the 'pully' ones with that method.

It's magic.

8 hours ago, kathdonn said:

My grandmother taught me to do that when I was six, many decades ago! 

Mine was sub-par. I learned this right now :lol:

To add to the above, Paps, who was a cub-scout (very knotty people) and a Sea Cadet (even knottier) had also never heard of this and is now tying his Postie boots according to option 2, thank you @PandaMunich and is very happy indeed :)

Haha!

I taught Shorty to tie her shoes both in a "normal" bow, and in an "easy" bow - until this day she has never used the "normal" one, but the one Panda posted!!!

I'm pleased he didn't go with the red shirt, the one that actually looks pink. Which charity would get the massive, pun intended, amount?

Enjoying my packet of spicy nuts and corn from Lidl/Alesto, I read over the ingredients list.

Why on earth do they add 'shrimp powder' ??

(Garnelenpulver)

Flummoxed that anyone can be such a sneaky, devious, lying, fraudulent, calculating, manipulative utter piece of shite over entire decades. Dunno how he looks himself in the mirror to shave. It is a fact, he practically banned mirrors in our house because he cannot stand to see himself.

It is made (I think) from shimp heads and such, which would  otherwise be discarded.  The flavour from the shells makes a great stock too.

Flummoxed as to how someone can stay with a  sneaky, devious, lying, fraudulent, calculating, manipulative utter piece of shite over many decades. And still be with him.

I am not still with him. Idiot. I was never with him. It took a couple of decades and a kid for the light to shine through the fog. And you know what, I forgive myself entirely.

Flummoxed as to how someone can live in the same house with a  sneaky, devious, lying, fraudulent, calculating, manipulative utter piece of shite over many decades.