What's got you flummoxed today?

8,365 posts in this topic

I have an even wackier story for a film script... ain t finished yet though. So surreal you could not make it up. Would you kindly supply me with the details of Your Man ? 100% serious request.

My story is so flummoxing it s hard to believe and even to know where to start telling it...

Chocolate mice and burning bushes... if only it were so simple...

9 hours ago, optimista said:

I have an even wackier story for a film script... ain t finished yet though. So surreal you could not make it up. Would you kindly supply me with the details of Your Man ? 100% serious request.

Do I assume you mean details from me? 

On 4/28/2022, 1:58:06, JN53 said:

I know a producer/director. If you write a screenplay, maybe he'd be interested.

This guy.

On 27/04/2022, 19:20:08, LeonG said:

So I invited her in to hear her out.

Honestly. Dude. She's a nutter. Don't let her in your house!! 

16 hours ago, optimista said:

This guy.

If I remember correctly, you are now in France. I talked with Sigi Kamml (the producer/director I was talking about). He said it would only make sense if the person were German or living in Germany. Otherwise, the person would need to find someone in his or her country. 

On 30.4.2022, 02:33:07, JN53 said:

If I remember correctly, you are now in France. I talked with Sigi Kamml (the producer/director I was talking about). He said it would only make sense if the person were German or living in Germany. Otherwise, the person would need to find someone in his or her country. 

I might add, if anyone is interested who is living in Germany or is German, I can send the proper contact details.

Slighly odd reasoning. But thanks for asking. The story ain t finished yet... but when it is it will make a riveting plot.

Unbelievable. We have French neighbours. He is a sociopath, loves calling the police on his neighbours for no real reason ( eg the English guy has too many dogs. The police came and saw I had two in the office here on Crete. ) His wife finally left him and went back to France a few days before we returned to Hamburg at the end of October, taking all her possessions with her.

We congratulated her when we bumped into her just before we left. " Good for you- he's a psycho. Good luck."

We haven't spoken to him for about three years - though have heard his rants sometimes ( eg you must clean in front of your house immediately)...( he had deliberately swept leaves from his tree down the pathway towards us😂).

We decided way back not to go into resonance with him. Just ignore him.

Today, in town , we literally bumped into them into town.

She speaks no English or German so I spoke to her in French. She had come back to him  from France after three weeks!!! " Too expensive in France."

HE speaks German and deliberately spoke in German to my partner Nicole so his wife wouldn't understand. The highlights:

" my wife doesn't let me have sex with her." ( By the way, they are both in their early 70s).

And: he complained the neighbour Georgina ( a late-60 Greek woman whose house is a buffer zone between the French couple and us ) had called the police on him because he had apparently deliberately destroyed her flowers outside the house in their flower pots.

You couldn't make it up. NO let-us-enjoy what remains of our lives. None of us is 21. Jeez.🤭

The 9 EUR tickets for June, July and August will be valid in the whole Germany.  You can use them for local transportation in every city and in regional trains (RE and similar) but not in ICE, IC, EC.   I think with RE you can go anywhere, it will take time but it is possible.  I am perplexed. 

1 hour ago, Krieg said:

I think with RE you can go anywhere, it will take time but it is possible.

You mean going from Munich to the beach of the Ostsee by RE, ie. changing 5 times and staying overnight somewhere, right 👻? Hey, €9 is €9.

Strange that nobody wants to visit every dog house between Munich and the Ostsee

If you start at 6.44 from Munich hbf, you can be there by 20.58, including 4 changes travel time 14 hours and 14 mins

https://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/dn?ld=43172&protocol=https:&seqnr=7&ident=1w.024869172.1651766674&rt=1&rememberSortType=minDeparture&REQ0HafasScrollDir=2#hfsseq8|1w.024869172.1651766674

Normal price 45 Euro, all for 9 Euro

Normal price for a faster train would be 124 Euro and takes 7 hours and 21 mins

On 3.5.2022, 20:37:35, john g. said:

Unbelievable. We have French neighbours. He is a sociopath, loves calling the police on his neighbours for no real reason ( eg the English guy has too many dogs. The police came and saw I had two in the office here on Crete. ) His wife finally left him and went back to France a few days before we returned to Hamburg at the end of October, taking all her possessions with her.

We congratulated her when we bumped into her just before we left. " Good for you- he's a psycho. Good luck."

We haven't spoken to him for about three years - though have heard his rants sometimes ( eg you must clean in front of your house immediately)...( he had deliberately swept leaves from his tree down the pathway towards us😂).

[...]

And: he complained the neighbour Georgina ( a late-60 Greek woman whose house is a buffer zone between the French couple and us ) had called the police on him because he had apparently deliberately destroyed her flowers outside the house in their flower pots.

Jeez. If that is "peaceful Crete", I'd hate to see village and neighbors in full-on conflict mode!!

:ph34r::wacko:

15 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

You mean going from Munich to the beach of the Ostsee by RE, ie. changing 5 times and staying overnight somewhere, right 👻? Hey, €9 is €9.

15 hours ago, yesterday said:

Strange that nobody wants to visit every dog house between Munich and the Ostsee

If you start at 6.44 from Munich hbf, you can be there by 20.58, including 4 changes travel time 14 hours and 14 mins

https://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/dn?ld=43172&protocol=https:&seqnr=7&ident=1w.024869172.1651766674&rt=1&rememberSortType=minDeparture&REQ0HafasScrollDir=2#hfsseq8|1w.024869172.1651766674

Normal price 45 Euro, all for 9 Euro

Normal price for a faster train would be 124 Euro and takes 7 hours and 21 mins

And it is 9 EUR a MONTH, not just for that single trip.  And it includes all local public transport in every city.   This must be the best deal humanity created ever.

Damn, maybe the Berlin hippies will move and live inside RE trains for those three months.

@Janx Spirit quotes Darwin in the 3G restaurant thread.

Moments after reading that quote I see it again as the start of a Netflix series.

(I only watched the first 5 mins as turned into dross....so no plug here!)

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge"

What a coincidence...

On 03/05/2022, 20:37:35, john g. said:

..." my wife doesn't let me have sex with her." ( By the way, they are both in their early 70s).

John, i dunno how old you are but here s some flummoxing newz for the boyz... it all seems to hot up for you men in your late 60s and early 70s... from observation and expérience that age group seems to be well randy. While they still can, maybe ?

Watched a BBC documentary on ZDFinfo last night. Topic was the Spanish Flu from 1918.

Bad enough,that so many suffered. It also showed how we could use the information recorded at the time to combat any similar disease / pandemic. 

The parallels to COVID-19 were obvious.

Probably taught at virology school, but no longer common knowledge.

**Just that the documentary was made in 2018**, marking the centenary of the outbreak.

https://www.zdf.de/dokumentation/zdfinfo-doku/spanische-grippe-das-geheimnis-des-killer-virus-102.html

(It's in German, maybe the original is out there somewhere)

Sandra Bullock.

Lost City (with Daniel Radcliffe; this year) vs. Miss Congeniality (2000!!!) - whatever she's on, I'm in.