What's got you flummoxed today?

8,145 posts in this topic

My mom wrote my birthday message on a page from a note pad with the headline 'A note from Palma Bidne'. she was my mom's aunt and died in 1990.

what am I going to find when I have to clean out the house?  

33 minutes ago, tor said:

My mom wrote my birthday message on a page from a note pad with the headline 'A note from Palma Bidne'. she was my mom's aunt and died in 1990.

what am I going to find when I have to clean out the house?  

My FIL was in hospital for a few days last week. He thought he took his handy but it was his calculator.

So who knows what you will find. God bless her. 

Whatsapp (Youtube) tell us that our messages are encrypted end to end and that even they can't read them. So how the fuck were they able to block me for sending a message that fell foul of their code. Fucking greedy lying bastards.

8 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

My FIL was in hospital for a few days last week. He thought he took his handy but it was his calculator.

So who knows what you will find. God bless her. 

It was an actual page from my great aunt's note pad, my mom didn't write it. 

I love that she kept that pad to use for 30 years. You are going to find all sorts of marvellous and useful items in her house. My kind of lady :)

49 minutes ago, French bean said:

Whatsapp (Youtube) tell us that our messages are encrypted end to end and that even they can't read them. So how the fuck were they able to block me for sending a message that fell foul of their code. Fucking greedy lying bastards.

If you use Master Yoda’s grammar rules, they can’t detect any violation, my young Padawan :).

”Fell foul of their code sending message block me, how the Yoda, were able to?”

26 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

If you use Master Yoda’s grammar rules, they can’t detect any violation, my young Padawan :).

”Fell foul of their code sending message block me, how the Yoda, were able to?”

I'm a bit of dinosaur so I'm taking lessons from Master Po who taught David Carradine.

"Master I am puzzled"

"That is the beginning of Wisdom Grasshopper"

"We are taught to be honest and not to read other peoples mail"

"But others have learnt to profit from reading and stealing others words and that is because they are lying stealing Bastards Grasshopper"

This is supposed to make nervous children relax at the dentist?   I guess she should be good at freezing the gum before yanking teeth out.

2RH28AAC?format=jpg&name=900x900

I remember when I first went to the dentist, he had a belt driven drill. Electric, of course, I'm not that old yet!

The belt was external and clearly visible. He'd tied a lump of cotton wool to the belt. 

As the drill started, the cotton wool ball would move with the belt. The dental nurse then told a Peter Rabbit story to explain why the cotton tail seemed to be chasing around the room.

Distracted me, anyways.

Oh those pre-multimedia days, where are they now...

Reminds me of when I was a kid. My parents always insisted we only go to the German dentist when we visited family in Germany. She was pure evil! Drilled and filled my same 4 teeth every time….no anaesthesia. Torture!  Thankfully, as a young teen, I went to a British dentist and he thought it outrageous and unlikely to have been necessary. He simply removed the 4 teeth and I’ve never had a filling since. Very bad memories!

On 29.11.2021, 18:28:32, fraufruit said:

Worse is trying to make a telephone call using the TV remote control...

German dentists are a breed to be avoided. Nota bene. Emkay that is horrific but sadly believable.

I have had brilliant dentists here.  And dreadful ones here and in the UK.  Personnel recommendations worthwhile.  Check what procedures they have had to endure.  My childhood dentist did not use anaesthetics on children either.