What's got you flummoxed today?

8,359 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, burningtiger said:

I went to Brandenburg airport yesterday and the cost of  buying 0.3L water from heinmann had increased from 1 euro to 1.50 euro in since my last trip a less then 2 months ago  :( 50 % inflation! OMG!  I am pretty easygoing with money but really resent this monopoly as you cannot carry water in  especially when all the drinking water was recently not fit to drink at airport. Water is essential  for good health and even more now then anytime, what a bunch of capitalists money sucking parasites.  

Share your annoyance, it's a complete racket and not sustainable either

The other day, I decided that I wanted to wear a watch with a black strap. Put on the first one - battery dead. Put on the second on - same. Put on the 3rd one and guess what? Dead battery. I've never had more than one watch battery go dead at the same time. Bizarre.

(I wore a watch with an orange strap.)

Blaming the Bundesgerichtshof, my bank sent me (and every other customer I assume) a 92 page, small printed, document to sign. 

Apparently, all the current T&C's and prices for services are listed and haven't changed. But now they have to inform us. 

Fascinating reading what charges they have managed to define, truly flummoxing stuff.

opening the door for me: 1,62c

Holding it open :

(mornings)2,71c

(afternoon) 3,77c

Cleaning the door before my appointment : 2,19c 

92 pages...really!!

It's this pesky odd ball rank I currently have.

61a11ae70e66d_Image1(3).png.8c4081d58c0c

I've been staring at this for 24hrs but I am none the wiser.

Someone more intelligent than me please educate me...

2 hours ago, Chelski said:

It's this pesky odd ball rank I currently have.

61a11ae70e66d_Image1(3).png.8c4081d58c0c

I've been staring at this for 24hrs but I am none the wiser.

Someone more intelligent than me please educate me...

It's better than shaddap you face - on so many levels :lol:

Better than 666! Many of us old timers on here had that staring us in the face!😂

8 minutes ago, john g. said:

Better than 666! Many of us old timers on here had that staring us in the face!😂

Hmm...

Screen Shot 2021-11-12 at 11.51.10 AM.png

But still engraved on your head?😂

By the way ( and brilliantly staying on topic in the flummoxed thread!), I am also a JG and born in 1952!

53 minutes ago, john g. said:

But still engraved on your head?😂

By the way ( and brilliantly staying on topic in the flummoxed thread!), I am also a JG and born in 1952!

No...they are 9's.  If they were 6's, they would have little lines under them.

The JG52 is for Jagdgeschwader 52. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagdgeschwader_52

A friend of mine, the late Ulirich Steinhilper, was a Bf 109 pilot assigned to JG 52.  He was shot down over Canterbury in October 1940, the same month he became an ace.  He spent the rest of the war in POW camps in Canada and made so many unsuccessful escape attempts that he became known as the Ausbrecherkonige von Kanada.  After the war, he worked for IBM in Germany and was credited with developing the concept of word processing.  IBM in the States wasn't interested in the concept (no place for it in business), but IBM in Germany continued with the concept.

Uli wrote three books about his wartime exploits and I met him and his wife Lore several times for lunch in Stuttgart.  He was concerned that he would be remembered for his breakout attempts and not the work he did after the war, specifically with IBM.  I convinced him to write a fourth book and helped him proofread the manuscript.  I had to deploy, so I couldn't finish helping with the manuscript, but one of his sons took over.

If you click 'edit this topic' you can see that was the title at 06:38:29 on 27.Sep.2021. It changed to it's current title at 09:43:13 that same day.