What's got you flummoxed today?

8,357 posts in this topic

On 3.11.2021 22:15:20, HH_Sailor said:

At the supermarket checkout, I asked for the key to the WC.

'They're closed, as some tried to set them on fire' was the reply...

WTF is wrong with Schleswig-Holstein ??

What is wrong with SH I think is that the people in "Hedwig Holzbein" think they are Nordlichter, sort of Scandinavian, not real Germans.

I may comment, I used to live there %)

On 29.10.2021 09:13:26, emkay said:

My daughter had a flat tyre last week in Austria that wasn’t repairable with the repair kit.  Thankfully, she was covered by our ADAC membership and the car was towed to a garage and left there until the Monday when the tyre was replaced. She’s since gone to her local Toyota garage where I had sent her winter tyres to for exchange. They were astounded how nonsensical the tyre repair was in Austria. They had replaced the broken summer tyre with a winter one. Oh well, it’ll be a while now until all that needs sorting.

I think mixing winter and summer tires is not a good idea.

Best to use Ganzjahresreifen, separate summer and winter tires are just gimmicks to sell more rubber and charge for changing them twice a year, and charge for storage. If you have two sets of tires you may have to discard them because of aging although they still have plenty of tread.

22 minutes ago, Fietsrad said:

I think mixing winter and summer tires is not a good idea.

Best to use Ganzjahresreifen, separate summer and winter tires are just gimmicks to sell more rubber and charge for changing them twice a year, and charge for storage. If you have two sets of tires you may have to discard them because of aging although they still have plenty of tread.

Well, both sets were supplied when I bought the car. Coming from the UK, I wasn’t familiar with season changing tyres. Thankfully, we don’t have to pay for storage. Not sure if it’s true though I heard that when driving in areas prone to adverse winter conditions, all weather tyres aren’t necessarily suitable and would cause issue if claiming on insurance….non appropriate tyres?

I’ve emailed the Austrian tyre company asking nicely for them to resolve the issue of incorrect replacement. I really don’t understand the dialect so I hope that they respond.

9 minutes ago, emkay said:

Not sure if it’s true though I heard that when driving in areas prone to adverse winter conditions, all weather tyres aren’t necessarily suitable and would cause issue if claiming on insurance….non appropriate tyres?

If your all weather tyres have the M+S and the snowflake symbol, they are legal in Germany for winter driving.  You also have to check the thread depth.  ADAC recommends 4mm thread depth but 1,6 is still legal.  Note that rules in other countries may vary.

Oh, I was wondering. Good that you started a new one, tor . Takk så mye. And thank you HH_Sailor.

3 hours ago, tor said:

What happened to Only in America?

only in America1.jpg

I am flummoxed we adults are being treated like children on here. Cancel culture of both Left and Right.

On 27/09/2021, 23:37:47, HH_Sailor said:

Yippee !!
A holiday in Uxbridge !!

(Uxbridge is a suburbean area west of London - hardly a pleasant alternative)

Oh good lord! I grew up in Uxbridge, definitely a down-grade! We used to call it Suxbridge growing up.

whole sorry story

I'm currently classed as 3G. Next Friday I have my 3rd/booster jab. My questions are:

Does that make me 4G? Or 3G+?

Plus, if Germany moves to 2G will I still hold my 4G (or 3G+) status? Or will my status be downgraded to a new 3G or 2G+ level?

It's all very flummoxing. :blink:

Gee...

54 minutes ago, Chelski said:

I'm currently classed as 3G. Next Friday I have my 3rd/booster jab. My questions are:

Does that make me 4G? Or 3G+?

Plus, if Germany moves to 2G will I still hold my 4G (or 3G+) status? Or will my status be downgraded to a new 3G or 2G+ level?

It's all very flummoxing. :blink:

Gee...

The booster allows you to keep your 3G status, also compatible with 2G.  Without the booster, you would eventually be downgraded to 1G

54 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

What phone do you have?

I knew someone would get it. ;)

4 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Yeah, LeonG is often too serious 👻.

True.

But we all love him :wub: and respect him for the effort he makes to help people out, which makes the forum what it is. B)

Personally, I just post nonsense. Continuously.

I went to Brandenburg airport yesterday and the cost of  buying 0.3L water from heinmann had increased from 1 euro to 1.50 euro in since my last trip a less then 2 months ago  :( 50 % inflation! OMG!  I am pretty easygoing with money but really resent this monopoly as you cannot carry water in  especially when all the drinking water was recently not fit to drink at airport. Water is essential  for good health and even more now then anytime, what a bunch of capitalists money sucking parasites.