What's got you flummoxed today?

7,940 posts in this topic

Matt Amodio was soundly defeated after an amazing run on Jeopardy. it wasn't even close.聽

2 hours ago, optimista said:

That s a big pebble.

Stone the crows! Old flummoxed expression!馃槀

16 minutes ago, john g. said:

Stone the crows! Old flummoxed expression!馃槀

3 months to go before I can claim a German pension. That's also the recommended time to apply. So I logged in to DRV and started the process of answering their 1.2 million questions.聽

Feeling I was near the end of the form I wasn't bothered by the warning:

'new system starts 12.Oct. Unfinished forms cannot be continued and must be restarted.'

So when I restarted at the weekend for the last few pages, I was more than a bit upset/flummoxed when the DRV site was down for the **whole weekend** (and Monday) for the switch to the new form/system.

Grrrrr

35 minutes ago, HH_Sailor said:

So I logged in to DRV and started the process of answering their 1.2 million questions.

I just visited the local pensions office & let them do the hard work (this was end 2017 as I retired end January 2018).

Hint: if you are also expecting a UK state pension back in the pre-Brexit days you had to apply for that via your local German pensions office.

In my case they knew what to do.聽 Problem was, this then gets sent to Berlin & the folks there sat on it for 3 months.

After several phone calls from myself they moved things & then the UK authorities also sat on it for 3 more months (out of sympathy maybe).

How it runs post Brexit I cannot say.

I reckon that since the Facebook outage last week, their algorithms have gone haywire! I now get loads of 鈥榩eriod pants鈥 ads every day鈥.New fangled pants聽requiring no extra usual protection. The definition of 鈥榩eriod pants鈥 used to mean the most unattractive and biggest ones in a lady鈥檚 collection!聽
850E1E3D-A20D-43DD-86E3-64ECFB9D65CE.jpe

After the earthquakes the past few days, we were all kept awake last night by a 2 hour, non-stop mixture of thunder and lightening. Absolutely remarkable!

Pictures taken by a French friend of ours with the glorious name Sardine!!

23E68996-050D-417D-AFA6-27A0C6454D02.jpeg

30 minutes ago, john g. said:

After the earthquakes the past few days, we were all kept awake last night by a 2 hour, non-stop mixture of thunder and lightening. Absolutely remarkable!

Pictures taken by a French friend of ours with the glorious name Sardine!!

23E68996-050D-417D-AFA6-27A0C6454D02.jpeg

Seems like you are leaving Crete in the right time 鈿★笍馃専鉁ㄢ殹锔忊槃锔忦煉ヰ煍ヰ煂

Greece and the islands were hit the amount of rain that usually falls in Germany - IN A YEAR. :o

1 hour ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Seems like you are leaving Crete in the right time 鈿★笍馃専鉁ㄢ殹锔忊槃锔忦煉ヰ煍ヰ煂

Greece and the islands were hit with the amount of rain that usually falls in Germany - IN A YEAR. :o

I have a large rectangular bowl in the office patio which was dry. I looked at it today and the water in it is about 3 inches high!! 聽And most rain can't even get in due to a roof in the patio and a fence etc.聽

Edit: just checked the weather forecast... 80 per cent chance of hiding from the elements again from 10 pm.

The street lights have also gone out...

Nature strikes revenge against us! 馃憤

And those dozens and dozens of local dogs chained up in the olive tree areas. They cry and bark all night even in good weather. My heart bleeds for them.

Poor Lola, the German shepherd dog, just 150 metres from us, chained to a tree. And alone 24 hours a day. Can move about 2 metres back and forth on her chain. For the past five years after being " rescued " by a local. Rescued?馃槥馃檨

Chained to a bloody tree 24 hours a day.馃槚

https://www.google.de/search?q=love+over+gold&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari#imgrc=MeEPWHXpt079HM:

I wonder where Dire Straits got the inspiration from for their cover!馃槃

Lest we forget we should always try to live in聽 tune with nature!

03c975df-2b20-4965-9353-c1570f538cb2 (002).JPG