What's got you flummoxed today?

7,940 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, john g. said:

So I walked 40 minutes in the blazing heat to the beach today, had a delicious freshly pressed orange juice, enjoyed a swim in the refreshing sea, walked back 40 minutes in the blazing heat to the office...

Let me guess: no local did the same :).

No! Hardly a soul there! Work day! It was gloriously quiet!👍
They'll maybe turn up in the evening but not walking!

I have heard the term Mad dogs and Englishmen but never knew what it meant. Thought it was a Joe Cocker song. Thanks, Panda, that was absolutely delightful.

You can watch the Noel Coward version here without joining the Apple thingy for a 3 month trial.

26 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I have heard the term Mad dogs and Englishmen but never knew what it meant. Thought it was a Joe Cocker song.

Your lovely comment really cheered me up!  Joe Cocker v Noel Coward!

On 21/06/2021, 00:58:52, bramble said:

We had them in the house in Wales when I was a child. It was terrible. You never saw them during the day, but at night if you went into the kitchen and switched the light on the walls were black with them and they scurried away to their hiding places. My mother was desperate. Even DDT couldn't get rid of them. It wasn't until the old fireplace was ripped out that they found the nest behind it, which was then destroyed. No more blackpats (that's what we called them in Wales) after that. To this day I can't bear the sight of one. 

In the office kitchen this afternoon:

put some dishes in the sink to soak in hot water and put the plug down.

Ok, a bit later , time to wash up and let the water out. Floating in the water - two of those buggers.

In the cupboard under the sink is a hole behind the pipe. That is it! Time to cover the hole. That is the only explanation.

This is the office! The house is fine and modern and no such lark.

But the small house we rent  opposite our house as the office is of shabby quality. 

Why the office was originally built is another story😂.

Has to do with the beady eyes of a local man, since dead, who thought he could rip off dumb foreigners!!!

On 24/06/2021, 17:47:20, LukeSkywalker said:

There is actually called ... the Free Britney Movement.

I wish I had known. 

I paid 12.99 for mine.

Something I first noticed at the end of the Germany v. Latvia warm up, but which became evidence again last night...why have professional football players taken to wearing sports bras under their jerseys? Whenever I exercise, I've never thought, "if only my chest and upper back was a bit warmer". I could understand if a few sumo wrestlers with man breasts were grateful for a bit more support, but football players?

6 minutes ago, dstanners said:

Something I first noticed at the end of the Germany v. Latvia warm up, but which became evidence again last night...why have professional football players taken to wearing sports bras under their jerseys? Whenever I exercise, I've never thought, "if only my chest and upper back was a bit warmer". I could understand if a few sumo wrestlers with man breasts were grateful for a bit more support, but football players?

It's due to the female hormones they get to make them more sensitive, woke and to make them a more modern type of masculine. The hormone makes them grow breasts so they need a sports bra.

That's not true at all and i'd post it on a right wing conspiracy site but some idiots would believe it.

1 hour ago, dstanners said:

I have heard from other male athletes that their nipples are sensitive to chafing from fabric rubbing against them.  For men with certain body types/shapes or even nipple types/shapes/level of sensitivity, running for a few hours with each move and step bringing a new rubbing against the nipples, it might be too much.  Could be made worse by sweating? 

Eggs.

For the first time in my live - but the look and smell ...

My system says NO! And I'll listen to the beast inside me.

Better no scrambled eggs today.

My boss just phoned me.  His business has not been doing awesome for the past 16 months and I've been on kurzarbeit but this is something else.  According to a letter he got from his steuerberater, his business in Germany has been closed / de-registered.  He says he didn't do it but the letter indicates that he did.  We've been discussing whether somebody else can just close your business just like that.  According to google, you need some paperwork and ID.  He contemplated that maybe finanzamt or the city closed his business because he's no longer living in Germany or for some other reason but if they did, they should have at least given him notice which they didn't and also the letter from finanzamt clearly states that he applied to de-register it himself.  I think I know him well enough that he wouldn't BS me but really?  Has anyone heard of such a thing?

I suggested he phone the person who wrote the letter and he says that his steuerberater already sent a letter.

4 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

I have heard from other male athletes that their nipples are sensitive to chafing from fabric rubbing against them.  For men with certain body types/shapes or even nipple types/shapes/level of sensitivity, running for a few hours with each move and step bringing a new rubbing against the nipples, it might be too much.  Could be made worse by sweating? 

I think the tops  hold monitoring equipment -GPS tracker, heart rate, etc - although I like the anti-nipple-chafing theory better :)

Come on chaps, it's obvious they are just tapping into their feminine side.

I just heard about Milbenkäse...

(Only thing worse i've seen is the cheese that is eaten full of maggots).

In the UK, for a TV thing,  a cheese was made using mould spores from a famous chef's armpit.  Or his nether regions. I forget.  Really mould is cool.  As long as the cheese tastes good.  Mites are teeny teeny teeny tiny and are probably in a lot of stuff you eat everyday.    

4 hours ago, snowingagain said:

In the UK, for a TV thing,  a cheese was made using mould spores from a famous chef's armpit.  Or his nether regions. I forget.  Really mould is cool.  As long as the cheese tastes good.  Mites are teeny teeny teeny tiny and are probably in a lot of stuff you eat everyday.    

I found someone who has done a video on it.

I really think i'll pass on this...