What's got you flummoxed today?

7,883 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

but I see I've attracted suggestions by people trying to help and a post (unread) by someone I thought we'd long seen the back of.

I don't read stuff like that anymore. Ain't got no time for that! :D

6 hours ago, El Jeffo said:

by someone I thought we'd long seen the back of. Serves me right for posting on the Flummoxed thread, I guess.

I am flummoxed as to who is "we". 

Is Jeffo pretending to be the voice of TT again?

I am flummoxed that you are not yet aware of what "we" he means.

6 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Hahaha! :D

On 5/7/2021, 6:36:12, AlexTr said:

When he said "we", "we" all knew who he was referring to.

3 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

When he said "we", "we" all knew who he was referring to.

Did you now?

On 5/7/2021, 6:32:38, RenegadeFurther said:

I am flummoxed as to who is "we". 

Is Jeffo pretending to be the voice of TT again?

😆

That the Guardian would describe the death by shooting of 7 people in Colorado as : 

"It was Colorado’s worst mass shooting since a gunman killed 10 people at a Boulder supermarket on 22 March"

9 weeks ago.

It's now only May.

Guardian

2 hours ago, HH_Sailor said:

That the Guardian would describe the death by shooting of 7 people in Colorado as : 

"It was Colorado’s worst mass shooting since a gunman killed 10 people at a Boulder supermarket on 22 March"

I'm thinking today of the ca. 60 children, mostly little girls, blown up by terrorist bombs in Afghanistan. Hard to tell which government is more inept or which citizenry more sewn with violence.

I dare to disagree. Although I won't say where my vote goes here. I would be labelled a racist and/or Islamophobic.

Oops. Think I may have let the cat out of the bag. Again. Appears to be my speciality.

3 hours ago, john g. said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-europe-56938388

Beautiful.. but would you walk across it?😂

I used to be so carefree but, these days , I wouldn’t have the nerve. Flummoxed as to what has happened to me!🙁

I was also care-free, sense of adventure etc! But always had problem with heights- open cable car up Table mountain was a nightmare! Even the glass floors in some Radio towers left me weak😬

Must remember to take  a picture of a short stretch of payment I am wary of walking along in our village! And post it! 

Edit- here we are! I have to manoeuvre  my way to the rubbish container past this sign and the drop to the right- totally unsecured! I am not steady on my feet because of my visual problems...B449517D-37CE-4463-9B37-7CC597309809.jpe

If things go amiss...the cemetery is in this picture..the white wall in the centre of the hill!!!

IMG_6499 (002).jpg

22 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

I was also care-free, sense of adventure etc! But always had problem with heights- open cable car up Table mountain was a nightmare! Even the glass floors in some Radio towers left me weak😬

You think you got problems.  I do not like flying.  It is far to high up.  Used to solve this when more youthful with gin and fags.  Those were the days.

...and still flummoxed! The interestingly named chapel on this sign! :lol: One minute’s walk from us!! I have not been tempted to misbehave when walking down that way!

IMG_6498.jpg

42 minutes ago, snowingagain said:

You think you got problems.  I do not like flying.  It is far to high up.  Used to solve this when more youthful with gin and fags.  Those were the days.

It was fine when you were allowed to sit in the cockpit and take pictures!😂

Can’t do that anymore! 

47 minutes ago, john g. said:

It was fine when you were allowed to sit in the cockpit and take pictures!😂

I've been extremely fortunate is the past to have been allowed to sit on the jump seat in the cockpit of various airliners, many times for the complete flight.

OK - its a bit of an advantage to be able to say that I'm a pilot albeit of the engineless variety but many crews started off as glider pilots.

Many interesting experiences including with a captain under supervision (the "co" was a training captain & the weather was "on limits") or take-off with a A340-300 from Munich..

Many happy & interesting memories.

I never took pictures.

Can’t do that anymore! 

Its difficult.  You must know the crew & they must be willing to take the risk.  In the end captain is captain - at least for LH.

I had hopes of at least a landing in FRA with an A380 but both times I knew I would fly with an A380 my captain friend had requested the flights but did not get them.  He subsequently took early retirement.  My last cockpit ride was FRA=>HAM where the first officer was a member of my club (& still is).  I did get to visit the cockpit of an A380 after the landing in FRA.

Currently a guy in my club is EW captain & TRI/TRE so maybe if he flies us to Ibiza or Mallorca there is a remote chance.