What's got you flummoxed today?

7,769 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, LukeSkywalker said:

Wow, same reputation score:

image.png

image.png

Well hello there reputation twin :lol:

Two people might have just separated the reputation twins! I was clever and greened them both!😂

Looks like cb6dba has to up his quality. Longer membership, more posts, same reputation...;)

I'm flummoxed at the apparent lack of intelligence of the average man in the street.

This morning I am flummoxed at the number of people who think their bigotry must be tolerated lest the people who are shunning the bigots for their bigotry not be bigots themselves.

It's fucking called Popper's Paradox and anyone with a bachelor's degree should have learned about it.

This Is Why Intolerance Should Not Be Tolerated | THOUGHTS

Time off for a nice cup of tea, feet up and read the newspaper...

What ?

My town gets a mention ?

Last weekend ?

2 streets away ??

What gives ???

Oh, someone died and the rels cleared out his flat.

When they found a live tank-armour piercing shell they called the bomb squad.

(Like you have them on speed dial)

Police not investigating further as "charges won't be laid against deceased persons" 

Pun not present in original German version :ph34r:

That reminds me of the fire brigade in our village who while attending a house fire in the next street came across a live WWI shell in the attic of the burning house... it would have been quite flummoxing if that had gone up.

Presumably as a reward for my work performance I've just been assigned leader in one of the worst performing departments of my company (lots of ongoing personal conflicts and mobbing there) with the stated goals of changing things for the better and build up the competency  (by a lot). The department is being completely reestructured but all the bad apples are still there (and they're sour, bad apples now who will be forced to do a year long team building event with performance evaluation) - I hope to get a few new good apples to throw in the mix  :wacko: 

36 minutes ago, mtbiking said:

...I hope to get a few new good apples to throw in the mix  :wacko: 

Not so fast, mtbiking!

Here's a quote from Twitter, using the analogy

of adding good apples to bad:

You folks always seem to forget that the full proverb is “one bad apple SPOILS THE WHOLE BARREL” this is because rotten apples produce huge amounts of ethylene which cause ALL THE OTHER APPLES TO ALSO BECOME ROTTEN the metaphor IS NOT ABOUT ISOLATED ROT its about COLLECTIVE ROT

23 minutes ago, katheliz said:

Not so fast, mtbiking!

The problem here is German work laws and worker rights. I did get promised that if the team building doesn't work out there will be other consequences besides the restructuring. Too late IMO (at least one good guy got sick and was forced to quit because of the mobbing) but I didn't get to decide.

22 hours ago, mtbiking said:

Presumably as a reward for my work performance...

Excuse me, but is it possible someone higher up doesn't like you very much ? :blink:

Challenge only you can fix? Or poisoned chalice?

1 hour ago, optimista said:

Excuse me, but is it possible someone higher up doesn't like you very much ? :blink:

Challenge only you can fix? Or poisoned chalice?

Maybe a bit of both :ph34r: It's a critical department for the company and I'm one of a couple who understand the work that is done there, what is required in the future and what's been going for the last years. Of those few I'm the one with the technical/professional background most suited for the role, this I know, so it was either me or someone new from outside. I'm also promised 100% support by the human resources head and my own division head (who is the same as before).. so we'll see. I won't be alone there in any case.

1 hour ago, mtbiking said:

I'm also promised 100% support by the human resources head and my own division head (who is the same as before).. so we'll see. I won't be alone there in any case.

You know that when the management of a football team state that they stand fully behind & totally support their trainer you know hes about to be fired?

21 minutes ago, HEM said:

You know that when the management of a football team state that they stand fully behind & totally support their trainer you know hes about to be fired?

They already forced retired the manager and depromoted all the group leaders of this department.. but with that I'll still get me a beer. Good that I'm at home.