What's got you flummoxed today?

7,767 posts in this topic

What does the last sentence even mean?

Police said the recent trend of interstate shootings in Atlanta is very concerning.

“Not only can the person lose control of their car after being shot or injured by a gunshot, but also if you are shooting from a moving vehicle and there’s other moving vehicles around, you could be shot,” Flynn said.

16 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

What does the last sentence even mean?

It means the educational system in Georgia failed that person. 😂

I'd love to know which key combination changes the mouse and text cursor size on my laptop for just Chrome. 

It's normal everywhere else and I can only get it back to normal by gong to the mouse cursor settings...

In the German "Zeit" magazin:

" Aus der NS-Geschichte erwächst große Verantwortung für alle Deutschen.

Eine Selbstbezeichnung wie “Menschen mit Nazihintergrund” würde bei der Aufarbeitung helfen "

"The Nazi history gives rise to great responsibility for all Germans.

A self-designation such as "People with a Nazi background" would help in the process of coming to terms with the past."

So, if somebody asks a German abroad where he comers from, he should answer: "I come from a country with a Nazi background"

Who reads this BS magazin? I hope it goes bancrupt.

After a three year battle (and I use the word advisedly) I have had a slightly weird e-mail with a link that does not work concerning me becoming French. Dunno if it is real or spam. It is so badly written it makes no sense. I wonder if it was just a ruse to get you to click on a link. I already changed my bank password just in case I get hacked...

If it is badly written ( ie like my schoolboy French!), it is likely spam.

We see this is many scams.. if your intuition is that it is dodgy- then it probably is.

Yey!   Sending you positive vibes that it is the real deal.   And never ever save bank passwords on your computer, though I am sure you know that already.  Vive la France!

Yesterday, there were Dutch elections and a record 17 political parties made it into parliament (150 seats). Some parties have only 1-3 seats.

There is no electoral threshold of 5% like in Germany with 6 political groups in Bundestag (709 seats).

Nowt so queer as folk. I am flummoxed that a bloke can shack up with his girlfriend, with whom he has a child, buy her parents house for about half its market price (her parents wanted to help them) by taking out a loan and getting his parents to stump up a hefty deposit, then within about 18 months shacking up with another lady, selling the house for twice the price, pocketing half the profits - and also insisting that the amount of his parents' deposit be returned. And really believe he is entitled to that money.

What an utter scheister.

Fifty years of Doonesbury, and Trudeau celebrates with a new classic.

Doonesbury Comic Strip for March 21, 2021

I'm flummoxed that the GOP still has no shame.

I've bought a new tooth paste. On it it says: avoid contact with eyes and ears. Eyes - well,yes, could happen I suppose, but ears? 

@Elljay don't shoot the messenger, but it turns out people use toothpaste for all sorts of things, including clearing up acne.  So people really are out there dobbing toothpaste onto their faces, well away from their teeth. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, dessa_dangerous said:

but it turns out people use toothpaste for all sorts of things...

Indeed - toothpaste is aparently the best thing for cleaning underwater masks such as used when snorkeling.

Has certainly worked for us in past years.

I googled ! Now 3,070,001 !

But none the wiser!😂

But I will stop sticking my left finger in my right ear!

( Likely based on a childhood trauma!😂)..

Right, so I too Googled, to find out why anyone would put toothpaste in their ear ." Best" result:  to reduce size of ear hole without cosmetic surgery:wacko:.

:lol:

Because wandering around with a blob of toothpaste in your ear looks great, of course.

:lol:

Thanks, folks! A reminder to brush my remaining teeth tonight ! I am forgetful!😂