What's got you flummoxed today?

7,754 posts in this topic

I am glad the Founding Fathers had the internet in those days, katheliz! I wish our politicians this side of the pond had had that vision!馃憤

'Chestfeeding': Hospital trust becomes first iun UK to adopt gender inclusive language for perinatal services
Changes at Brighton and Sussex University Hospital include referring to "breast/chestfeeding" and "human milk" where applicable.
Staff at Brighton and Sussex University Hospital NHS trust have also been told that "breastmilk"should be replaced by phrases such

as 聽"human milk", "breast/chestmilk", and "milk from the feed mother or parent".
Don't call pregnant patients 'mothers': Doctors are banned from using the word over fears it will upset those who are transgender.

As long as we have the freedom of speech here in Germany, I call that bullshit.

What I would like to see is that transgender women would be able to participate in the Olympic Games so no real women would have a chance to win - except in gymnastics.

That would be fun.

Amen and Awomen

Greetings from 1984!

More Newspeak. I'd hoped聽1984聽was far behind us. The beauty and variety of English loses everytime someone says 'chestfeed'. That's the most grotesque neologism I've ever heard.

My sister says it makes her want to walk around shouting 'Breasts! Breasts! Breasts!
And that leads to this.

Snicker. Bosom.

I was waiting in my car outside my doctor's office today when a man came up to my car and banged on the window. I was not parked incorrectly and was not blocking any cars in. He had on a mask and was trying to speak to me through my closed car window. I was just about to turn on the car and roll down the window WHEN THE FUCKER TRIED TO OPEN MY DOOR! Thank god it was locked. I started screaming at him to go away. He just threw his hands up in the air and got in his car and drove away. I told my doctor and the doc had no idea who he was or what he wanted. I am totally freaked out by this behavior and flummoxed as to why TRYING THE GODDAMNED CAR DOOR OF A STRANGER would ever be okay.

Fucking old white guy with a聽sense of entitlement to other people's time and attention.

Horrifying experience and you have my empathy馃憤
Maybe he was simply hoping聽to rob you, maybe just a nutter, a psychopath. Or all of them.

I cannot say if his colour is relevant or even his age.

I am glad for you your door was locked. Better safe than sorry.聽
Stay safe.

Entitled old white guy trying to tell a female what she done wrong. *anger*

22 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

I was waiting in my car outside my doctor's office today when a man came up to my car and banged on the window. I was not parked incorrectly and was not blocking any cars in. He had on a mask and was trying to speak to me through my closed car window. I was just about to turn on the car and roll down the window WHEN THE FUCKER TRIED TO OPEN MY DOOR! Thank god it was locked. I started screaming at him to go away. He just threw his hands up in the air and got in his car and drove away. I told my doctor and the doc had no idea who he was or what he wanted. I am totally freaked out by this behavior and flummoxed as to why TRYING THE GODDAMNED CAR DOOR OF A STRANGER would ever be okay.

Fucking old white guy with a聽sense of entitlement to other people's time and attention.

OK. I've given that a few thoughts.

Calm down: If he had wanted to rob you, he'd tried the other door.

Trying to open any door without your consent is an absolute no-go, rude and not excusable.

Unless he assumed you seriously needed help...

You obviously didn't, so he was perplexed and went away.

How dare you not appreciate his chivalry! :P

Or your coat was hanging out, trapped by the door.

Or an animal/roadkill.

Or your eyes were closed and he thought you'd passed out.

We'll never know for sure.

I think perhaps we have gotten on the wrong track. The man grabbed the door handle and tried to let himself in my car AFTER I had acknowledged him.聽

His good fortune was that the car door was locked. The only item I had with which to assist myself was my Buck 110.

Unacceptable behaviour by the dude. If it were an animal in danger or sth else, he could have explained it. But, there again, I don't know his frame of mind and wasn't there.

Yes, strange behaviour by grabbing the door handle. I can remember that I once walked towards a person inside a car just to inform him that his tail light was broken. I waved and he opened the window in order to listen to what I had to say.

1 hour ago, Metall said:

Entitled old white guy trying to tell a female what she done wrong. *anger*

Maybe! But we don't know! I was once in a bakery in Harburg and a person behind me in the queue ,聽without forewarning , turned down my shirt collar! I looked around and , well , an elderly German man just said: " das ist besser so."

I couldn't help laughing but, there again , I didn't feel threatened!

I lock my car door whenever I get in. ( Lived in South Africa and even police told us nurses to drive through red lights at night!).

A frightening experience, Alex. You mentioned to the doctor's office- wonder if it has happened to others since your experience.

Take care.

1 minute ago, john g. said:

Maybe! But we don't know! I was once in a bakery in Harburg and a person behind me in the queue ,聽without forewarning , turned down my shirt collar! I looked around and , well , an elderly German man just said: " das ist besser so."

I couldn't help laughing but, there again , I didn't feel threatened!

"Thank you, MOM!" with a glare...

It's different in other cultures; we've experienced that ourselves on the subway in South Korea nearly 18 years ago: We (standing) had huge backpacks on and some people (seated) tucked on them... They wanted to offer to take them while we were on the train. Knowing the culture, we thanked them but since we only had to go one or two more stations more we politely declined the offer.

39 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

I lock my car door whenever I get in. ( Lived in South Africa and even police told us nurses to drive through red lights at night!).

A frightening experience, Alex. You mentioned to the doctor's office- wonder if it has happened to others since your experience.

Take care.

When I lived in Rio in less dangerous times than now, even buses didn't stop at red lights of an evening...

So I was browsing along Der Postillion - a German satire website with lots

of sillyness and over the top stories and came across this story I assumed to be satire...

Sunday question: What do you think of the fact that the Junge Alternative in聽Bavaria warns against masturbation?

Now as I assumed this to be satire, I read and smiled at the quiz questions...

Then I found the link to the S眉ddeutsche Zeitung that quotes the background story to this聽satirical quiz.聽

S眉ddeutsche Zeitung

Here I used a translator to show the story.

It seems that the youth division of the AfD has actually recommended that their members should

not play with themselves as this saps their manhood.

This is the stuff of Victorian puranity.

Can't believe in 21st century Germany, these ideas are being propagated.

The Young Alternative is currently being mentioned more often because the AfD's offspring are being monitored by the Office for the Protection of the Constitution - which may threaten the party as a whole.But how is JA doing, what could they do to warm the hearts of young people and to make a really great impression on their聽generation?

Right, they聽could warn of the health dangers of masturbating and give the motto: Always keep your hands over the duvet!That is what Thomas Deutscher, deputy JA-Chairman inBavariaand AfD city council in Schwandorf, Upper Palatinate did recently.

On his Facebook profile, he showed a cartoon of men of different ages, masturbating and abstaining.The former emaciated, hunchbacked and stupid-looking, the latter proud, stately and healthy."It" (that is, masturbation), reports Deutscher, has now "assumed dimensions that go far beyond 'natural needs'".Masturbation should therefore "be ceased in general, as it deprives one of creative energy, many nutrients and male strength".

I mean, I thought the AfD were backward in their ideas.

But this really takes the biscuit.

You can see for yourself with a simple google of聽聽the guy's name and those 3 letters

that this story is all over the net.

:ph34r::ph34r:

4 minutes ago, HH_Sailor said:

So I was browsing along Der Postillion - a German satire website with lots

of sillyness and over the top stories and came across this story I assumed to be satire...

Now as I assumed this to be satire, I read and smiled at the quiz questions...

Then I found the link to the S眉ddeutsche Zeitung that quotes the background to the satirical quiz.聽

S眉ddeutsche Zeitung

Here I used a translator to show the story.

It seems that the youth division of the AfD has actually recommended that their members should

not play with themselvesas this saps their manhood.

Can't believe in 21st century Germany, these ideas are being propogated.

I mean, I thought the AfD were backward in their ideas.

But this really takes the biscuit.

You can see for yourself with a simple google of聽聽the guy's name and those 3 letters.

:ph34r::ph34r:

AFD stands for 'another f*cking dumdass'...

It gives聽a slightly different meaning to the term AFD supporter聽:lol:

43 minutes ago, HH_Sailor said:

not play with themselves as this saps their manhood.

Can't believe in 21st century Germany, these ideas are being propagated.

The Proud Boys in the USA propagate the exact same beliefs, another reason why they are so aggressive.