What's got you flummoxed today?

7,754 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

I never realised how bitter, spiteful and aggressive arachnoid porcines could be. Live and learn-_-

Fuck him. Forget him. He just blew any goodwill anyone had for him. 

10 hours ago, RedMidge said:

... arachnoid porcines...

Greened you for the imagery. Very nice.

Oh yeah. I am flummoxed that it has taken me three decades of living in close proximity to someone before I realised they are in fact a lizard. Not human at all.

Never thought that it is allowed to found a company that earns money with fake DNA tests:

https://www.fakednatest.com/

"Fake DNA Test

Get a Fully Verified Fake DNA Test Report, proving you have taken a real DNA test.

You choose the “Names“ and “Results“. We send you a Fully Verified Report within 1 business hour!

The Fake DNA Test Report is emailed from a Local & Real DNA Testing Company.

If your partner contacts the real company, our team will confirm the DNA test results. We are sure they will believe you!"

So, ladies if you know, your partner is not the father of your child, just get a "document" which tells that he is.

Men, if you don't want to pay alimony for your child, get a document saying it's not your child.

Disgusting.

2 minutes ago, AnswerToLife42 said:

Never thought that it is allowed to found a company that earns money with fake DNA tests:

https://www.fakednatest.com/ "Fake DNA Test

Disgusting.

Indeed, disgusting.

But why do you need the company to do it? You could just print one out yourself at that stage. Plenty of stuff online. :lol: 

Highly unlikely that neither the company one nor a homemade one will be valid in court. :rolleyes: 

4 minutes ago, lunaCH said:

Indeed, disgusting.

But why do you need the company to do it? You could just print one out yourself at that stage. Plenty of stuff online. :lol: 

Highly unlikely that neither the company one nor a homemade one will be valid in court. :rolleyes: 

You can look-up the telephone number, call the "real" company and they will tell you, that the result is real.

That will not work, if you just print something.

Of course it is not valid in court. If you show your partner such document, will he collect his own samlples and send it to a real lab, or will he believe your result?

So, a former employee signed up for Parler using the scan of the front and back of their driver's license. I know they have a job where regular security checks on staff are always done because I trained them to handle large budgets. Now they are worried and angry about the Parler information dump by Crash Override?

What kind of dumbass is that? I should have left them in the gutter where I found them.

So the Welsh got away with it in the survey, Luke😂

Our Welsh friend here is an ex- brewer and likes his drink!😂

Not whataboutery or whatever the word is but our Dutch friends here are usually not sober after breakfast😂

Ok, Covid boredom/ frustration! Some frustrated pensioners not able to move around freely with Covid restrictions etc. 

Sometimes I forget what a spectacular world we live in👍🏼. Two evenings ago..

0FAC1AAC-9DE1-403E-BC31-A7C560040A42.jpeg

Completely flummoxed.

Kid#3 came in a wee while back announcing that one of the teachers had been called out of a class (the only kids in school are Kl.13, so they are all getting ready for Klausuren) and given a broom to sweep the floors because it is her 30th birthday and she is single.

:o

The kids who were telling her seemed to think this is totally normal, a quaint old custom and something rather charming.

We, on the other hand, are flummoxed.

14 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Completely flummoxed.

Kid#3 came in a wee while back announcing that one of the teachers had been called out of a class (the only kids in school are Kl.13, so they are all getting ready for Klausuren) and given a broom to sweep the floors because it is her 30th birthday and she is single.

The kids who were telling her seemed to think this is totally normal, a quaint old custom and something rather charming.

I thought women had to clean doorknobs, and men sweep a staircase.  Perhaps Covid variations.

11 minutes ago, kiplette said:

Completely flummoxed.

Never heard of it in my region, but seems to be common in the Bremen area. Here's the background: 

There are no uniform rules for sweeping, but it is done in different ways in different regions. Originally, the tradition comes from Bremen, where the cathedral stairs used to have to be swept by unmarried men. Women had to clean the handle of the cathedral door. Both customs recall a punishment given, according to an ancient belief, to people who did not procreate: It was believed that they would later have to perform meaningless tasks in the afterlife.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

More here: https://www.t-online.de/leben/familie/id_71301688/30-geburtstag-fegen-und-andere-traditionen.html

In our town, north of Hamburg, it often happens that a 30yr old has to brush up beer bottle tops. These are tipped out onto the street in front of the Rathaus. Of course, just before getting the last one in the bucket, someone will kick over the bucket to force them to keep going.

They only allowed to stop if kissed by a virgin. So you'll see them asking young kids for a kiss...

Message: get married before your 30th or face the music (and broom)

Kissing strangers was a practice in times BC (before Corona)

In Denmark, they give you pepper.  My older brother got sent pepper for his 30th birthday from my aunt who lives in Denmark.  This is also in the language, both Danish and in Icelandic that adults who have not married before 30 are known to have "peppered" and may be refered to as a "pepper lad" or "pepper maiden".

Had to install Windows 10 everywhere, the old stuff doesn't get updated anymore.

No issues there.

So now I want to encrypt a file and email it to an institution.

No way they can install new software / shareware / freeware

on their corporate PCs. So obviously I'll encypt it with Win 10.

Wrong....

A lot of googling and reading of help files later I see that 

although I can encrypt a file, it can then not be read if sent elsewhere *??!!**!!?

A different user on my PC would be prevented from reading it (but thats not what I want).

Also, the file won't be encypted if not local (eg on my NAS drive).

Could someone please kick Micro$ into the 21st century where

lots of people have cottoned on to the need of even a little cyber security....

Yes I know 7-zip will do this, and for free,

Other free sw will as well. 

But some corporates cannot install on their PCs willy-nilly.

That's also a security feature. I know - I used to be in one

I am flummoxed at the small-minded, petty, anally retetentive meanness of someone who has locked us out of the bandroom because he misguidedly thinks we have "nicked" "his" photocopied (highly ironic as the group to which he belongs absolutely does not own them) decades-old, well-known but soon to be defunct folkloric tunes which are part of the local cultural heritage, almost on a par with Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. We actually rearranged them for our own use in view of the fact that there will no longer be anyone left capable of playing them in their current form after a year of Covid restrictions, no band practice and the fact that many of them are in their 80s and highly unlikely to play ever again in public. How anyone can get in a strop about that to the point that they tacitly lock us out in order to stop us practising (fortunately we have other options) is just way beyond my understanding.

Why are they not glad that we are doing everything possible to keep their fading traditions alive ?

@hooperski, it's an established ruled that in an impeachment the Senate must vote a plurality (2/3) to convict, not a majority (more than 1/2 - the Speaker of the House's vote will break a tie).

From the internet:

The United States Constitution provides that the House of Representatives "shall have the sole Power of Impeachment" ( Article I, section 2 ) and that "the Senate shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments…[but] no person shall be convicted without the Concurrence of two-thirds of the Members present" ( Article I, section 3 ). The president, vice president, and all civil officers of the United States are subject to impeachment.