What's got you flummoxed today?

7,529 posts in this topic

In your link, there is an Eddie Firmani! I once stood behind the goal and saw him score off his bum!

My friend Pete here in the village and who is 80 , knew him well! A fellow South African! I thought Eddie was Italian!

9 hours ago, Techsmex said:

JohnGee, careful who you trust.   there are some members posing as two.

There's always one who has to spoil things. So are you going to reveal just who these members are? Or perhaps tell us the name of your other 'member' whatever that means? :unsure:

I'm flummoxed that my PC browser shows the BBC News page for a split second, then

goes completely white / blank for a further split second, before finally

settling down and showing the news.

It's only the BBC home page, not any of its subsequent links.

No other website I've loaded does this (although the internet is large and I don't go very far)

Or is this a first world problem ?

2 minutes ago, HH_Sailor said:

I'm flummoxed that my PC browser shows the BBC News page for a split second, then

goes completely white / blank for a further split second, before finally

settling down and showing the news.

It's only the BBC home page, not any of its subsequent links.

No other website I've loaded does this (although the internet is large and I don't go very far)

Or is this a first world problem ?

Short answer: yes.

My Firefox blinks for a split-second before displaying the BBC News homepage, too - it's probably related to loading the style sheet or scripts for the main page.

Just read Jan T's problems with registering a motorcycle in Berlin' "Attempting to import my personal vehicle from the UK ",

the next minute a new post in "Berlin ranks among top global cities" appears.

Does "Berlin ranks among top global cities" because the bureaucracy is so bad?

How can you not notice a mag 7 earthquake near the next island John?

8 hours ago, optimista said:

How can you not notice a mag 7 earthquake near the next island John?

Being busy with other things. It's possible that in some areas its simply not felt, even if the centre is close by. :)

It wasn‘t felt in our part of Crete. The epicentre was a long way from here! We might get our own one again soon, though...

My dog, who is the most adorable boy ever, is an unfortunately indiscriminate eater. This weekend, on one of our long hikes in the woods, he ate some wild animal poop. At least I think that's what it was. It could have been anything, but the remnants looked like marten poop. So, he's been vomiting intermittently and acting fairly sickly, but no fever, so we just decided to make rice and poached eggs and see how it worked out. I chose poached eggs because I thought that would be milder on his stomach than chicken. I'll be damned if that little fucker did not remove a poached egg and spit it on the floor. So I carried the whole thing to the sink and pulled out all of the eggs and he happily ate.

Spit the durned thing on the floor.

Spit, like ptooie.

I can't be mad at him. I mean, look at him.

dogrilla.jpg

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

My dog, who is the most adorable boy ever, is an unfortunately indiscriminate eater. This weekend, on one of our long hikes in the woods, he ate some wild animal poop. At least I think that's what it was. It could have been anything, but the remnants looked like marten poop. So, he's been vomiting intermittently and acting fairly sickly, but no fever, so we just decided to make rice and poached eggs and see how it worked out. I chose poached eggs because I thought that would be milder on his stomach than chicken. I'll be damned if that little fucker did not remove a poached egg and spit it on the floor. So I carried the whole thing to the sink and pulled out all of the eggs and he happily ate.

Spit the durned thing on the floor.

Spit, like ptooie.

I can't be mad at him. I mean, look at him.

Best to starve him for a day to clear the system. Then offer rice with Magerquark mixed in several times during the day for a couple of days. It's mild on the stomach and has lots of protein. That's what my dog gets when he's not well. I also mix in moor liquid, which supports the stomach lining and the gut flora.

24 minutes ago, bramble said:

Best to starve him for a day to clear the system. Then offer rice with Magerquark mixed in several times during the day for a couple of days. It's mild on the stomach and has lots of protein. That's what my dog gets when he's not well. I also mix in moor liquid, which supports the stomach lining and the gut flora.

Yeah, I know you're right about fasting him, but it breaks my heart. Also,  he vomits from any dairy. Always has.

He'll eat a piece of cat poop, but cheese just will not stay in.

He's had about a cup of rice today. That'll have to do.

3 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Yeah, I know you're right about fasting him, but it breaks my heart. Also,  he vomits from any dairy. Always has.

He'll eat a piece of cat poop, but cheese just will not stay in.

He's had about a cup of rice today. That'll have to do.

It's hard to see them suffer. I hope he perks up soon. 

6 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I truly admire you dog parents. I could never do it. Your furry kids are very lucky!

You? Sure you could. Jeebus. No one calls the cops on you if you leave your 2 year-old home alone while you go shopping!