What's got you flummoxed today?

7,497 posts in this topic

This is the same couple in their work clothes - they're both lawyers - as they appeared last night at the RNC.

RNC 2020: St. Louis couple Mark and Patricia McCloskey defend show ...

12 hours ago, White Rose of Yorkshire said:

I booked an appointment online with the Rentenversicherung and received a written confirmation with the post.

Looks like things are getting back to normal then. /s

The fucking stupidity from my local "chums"... or is it Chumps?

https://kein-wald-fuer-kohle.de/aktuelles/2020/09/06/kurzvideo-kein-wald-fuer-kohle/?fbclid=IwAR0ZsZbu5hmEZkXZLrqGKfSPfS-_4n127JwhNo7IKC3ovO_UNePZdCD-oes

So, a french company wants to build a huge "charcoal" factory in the next village to me...

The locals are bitching about all the Co2 produced to create the charcoal....  They bitch and moan about their kids having to travel far and wide to find work!

Can someone please slap these fuck nuts?...

On a sensible note... can anyone tell me what trees breath and excrete  in order to survive?    

Welcome to Germany!

On 9/24/2020, 9:00:28, HEM said:

No more "Uncle Ben's Rice" - in future: "Bens Original".

I think that this is another case of PC gone too far. I grew up with Uncle Ben's and Aunt Jemima both of which I related to a Grandma or Grandpa cooking good food. In the case of Aunt Jemima, I always pictured a grandma cooking fluffy pancakes. Race never occurred to me.

What if Uncle Ben would have been a white dude? Nothing. 

Fraufruit, we're white. Of course we're comfortable with the old names.
But nowadays we'd call them Mrs. Jemima and Mr. Ben. And she wouldn't be a cook and he wouldn't be a servant.

What was cozy feelings for us were stereotypes for Black people. I guess the important thing is just to keep on buying the product, if that's what you like. After all, 'What's in a name?' :) 

By the way, I was brought up to say 'colored people'. Even today I feel discomfort saying Black, because it seems disrespectful to me, even though the voting activists in the 1964 South made it clear that was what they wanted. But it's not us: it's them.

Not sure you can say “ Mrs “ these days!

And, katheliz, I grew up somewhere different. “ Coloured people “ was for me in England racist and disrepectful.  People are/ were for me not “ coloured.”

Sounded later in life ( student/ Mandela times ) like in South African Apartheid times..

I just sent an email to someone. Answer came “ the recipient’s mailbox is quarentined.”

Wat dat?😷😠

When I read your question "Why is this such a common response?" in the forum overview, I was afraid the response would be *blam* *blam* *blam*. Yes, I'm getting a teeny bit paranoid...