2x open the door

2x flat mike to door speaker 

2x door mike to flat speaker

4x video to flat

4x video from flat

2x bell in flat

2x buzzer at door

Some of these then daisy chain to next flat

(eg intercom into next flat with baby phone monitoring)

Maybe, sometime in the past all this and more was set up.

These days it could work as ethernet cable (eg CAT 5 with 8 lines)

and of course another ethernet to the next flat.

Well, there is no video, haha. Finally, he bored some extra holes and put new wiring in it. He called it "tricksen" (work-around). Some of his colleagues faced similar issues at other apartments and one was pretty desperate when he checked all wiring with testing equipment. The building is from 1905.

Other workers were swearing before in my rental apartment with the installation of a new toilet tank and water tap in the kitchen. They always need more time than planned. I let my landlord deal with the organisation of workers and issues. I learned that I would never buy Altbau.

Now, she informed me that she wants to attach a balcony. 

Go wrong it will.

When I waited for a train, I saw in a bookshop that Tuvia Tenenbom published a new book "Allein unter Briten".

When I searched the internet I found that the original title is "The taming of the jew", however, I could not find it on Amazon.

Couldn't he find a publisher?

I bought the German version.

He described the Irish and the British people as very antisemitic. Surely the reason, why he did not find a publisher on the islands.

Perhaps it's just so new that it hasn't been translated into English yet. The Amazon page for Allein unter Briten gives a publication date of 4 Feb 2020, so the German version is quite recent.

This article doesn't say that it's available in English yet, though confusingly it does contain an image of the book with an English title:

"After interviewing the people of Germany (I Sleep in Hitler’s Room and Hello Refugees); Israel (Catch the Jew); and the United States (The Lies They Tell), he has just published the aptly titled The Taming of the Jew, in Czech, in Hebrew, and now in German (Suhrkamp)."

http://thejewishvoice.com/2020/02/the-taming-of-the-jew-is-a-report-from-the-front/

And finally... I checked the author's Twitter page and he says it's not out in English yet:

https://twitter.com/tenenbom/status/1234061618335670277

18 hours ago, Lorelei said:

Perhaps it's just so new that it hasn't been translated into English yet. The Amazon page for Allein unter Briten gives a publication date of 4 Feb 2020, so the German version is quite recent.

On one of the first pages you can read that the book is a translation from English to German.

There is an interview with a Swiss newspaper (in German):https://www.republik.ch/2019/04/06/das-britische-volk-wird-von-seinen-politikern-bevormundet

Was there a moment of shock during the journey?
Depressing was, as mentioned before, the poverty. Personally, I was also affected by anti-Semitism. In Great Britain it is much more widespread than one would assume. Once a 14-year-old boy stood next to me and made the Hitler salute. He thought that was funny.

Amazing! I had a call on my SmartPhone today. A woman asked me if I was the John who was on a German language course in Bonn many years ago.

“ Yes, in 1969.“

She:„ me, too! I live in Zurich now and was reading some old post cards.“

Me: „ what‘s your name?“

“ Elena.“

Me: „ the Greek girl?“

She: „ yes! We exchanged post cards for a while and you once wrote you were going to try to find a ship to work on and go to South America.“

Me: „yes!! I ended up there. And guess where I‘m living now? In Greece! And I‘m 67 now.“

She: „ me, too.“

I do remember her! And we will be writing emails etc. i am curious to know WHY she called me! And if anyone else in the group is still alive. I was the second one she had reached.

I will also be a bit careful... a friend of mine got in touch with a girl from his youth a couple of years ago just after he had inherited a healthy five-figure sum and he blew it on her whims within months- horse, fitted kitchen etc and she left him at Christmas just after the money had run out.

This friend was very lonely and of my age and allowed himself to be taken for a ride by a schemer.

I am not lonely- quite the opposite! It could be Elena really is one of those people ( like me ) who, having reached a certain age and given the technology we now have , genuinely is googling around looking for people we knew decades ago.

7 minutes ago, john g. said:

Amazing! I had a call on my SmartPhone today. A woman asked me if I was the John who was on a German language course in Bonn many years ago.

“ Yes, in 1969.“

She:„ me, too! I live in Zurich now and was reading some old post cards.“

Me: „ what‘s your name?“

“ Elena.“

Me: „ the Greek girl?“

She: „ yes! We exchanged post cards for a while and you once wrote you were going to try to find a ship to work on and go to South America.“

Me: „yes!! I ended up there. And guess where I‘m living now? In Greece! And I‘m 67 now.“

She: „ me, too.“

I do remember her! And we will be writing emails etc. i am curious to know WHY she called me!

Maybe her marriage didn`t work out and she wants to see what options she has left.

I am prepared for everything, Ren!

:lol:
Funnily enough, at the hairdressers‘s today, the lady trimmed my beard, cut out hairs from my ears and nose and told me I looked 20 again!😂 

I think it is a conspiracy and the lady hairdresser probably got on the blower and rang her friend in Switzerland and told her: „ My God, Elena, this absolutely drop dead gorgeous old bastard came in my shop today. „

That is my professional opinion!

😜😂😂

Bloomberg spent half a billion dollars on advertising for Super Tuesday and didn't win a single state and gave up. Oh well, it's just money. 

Our garden has a (not very obvioius) access path running along the back for the row of 8 houses.  Access from end only.  Ours half way along.  Why has a guy just taken a picture of our garden and house and scuttled off on his bike when I went out.  Generic 60 German man with matching bicycle.  Ideas?

8 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

As the Gerrys are so fond if the saying "leck mich am Arsch"... why do we have the bog-roll crissis?

Swabian greeting only.

1 hour ago, snowingagain said:

Our garden has a (not very obvioius) access path running along the back for the row of 8 houses.  Access from end only.  Ours half way along.  Why has a guy just taken a picture of our garden and house and scuttled off on his bike when I went out.  Generic 60 German man with matching bicycle.  Ideas?

Either because he really likes your garden and is going to take the piccy to Hornbach garden section and ask them to help him re-create it or because he really dislikes your garden and wants to complain about it to the city.

Cat stopped eating wet food last week.

Appetite still there for dry stuff, just the wet stuff was abandoned.

He's been eating same make now without issue for over 6 years.

After a bit of google where everything from kidney failure to cancer was suggested,

I decided to try him on a different brand.

Nearly took my arm off he did.

Scoffed the lot and looked at me with his "is that all?" stare.

So now back to normal. I ditched the old packets as he still won't touch it.

The new stuff get eaten regularly (and he still looks for more)

My flummox is whether the manufacturer made a bad batch ?

Can't imagine sending it back with the complaint "Tiger doesn't like this"

Or did they change the recipe ?

Or is Tiger just ready for a change ?

Good, that he's still a happy cat though :D

With this post from J2^^^^,

I know that I have finally become an old fogey.

Well, in the past I've noticed that my choice of music has mellowed,

I listen to old fashioned radio stations, I have no idea what my kids

are listening to as it often sounds like someone badly constipated was being recorded.

I have absolutely no idea who these people on Instagram are;

my ears tell me that most can't sing.

I watched it again and spotted Chris O'Dowd.

I admit I needed Wiki to name him.

But he's an actor and not a singer...

Time to whiten my hair and beard...