What's got you flummoxed today?

7,273 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lisa13 said:

my mom had a very weird - I don't even know what to call it - a fantasy? - that led her to believe there were little piles of electrons building up on the floor in front of outlets that weren't plugged.

She KNEW this wasn't true, but she still imagined little piles of electrons all around the house :)

My father wrote an email this week mentioning he'd taken some prescription drug that led him to a whole array of hallucinations. He didn't say why he'd been prescribed the stuff but was, like your mom, aware enough that what he was seeing wasn't real. He found it entertaining. I wondered why he'd ingested it. Hope he tells his dr. what happened. 

Every email with hotmail.com I have been writing to the last couple of days has bounced back undelivered.

:angry:

Set up a Gmail account and resend mails asking them to reply to your normal email acc. Then register a complaint with Microsoft. 

Or register a complaint with Outlook who now owns hotmail. I haven't had any problems with hotmail and I would sell my soul to the devil before joining Google or opening up a Gmail account.

Of course, that's just me.

12 hours ago, john g. said:

Every email with hotmail.com I have been writing to the last couple of days has bounced back undelivered.

:angry:

If you are sending from a t-online.de account this has been happening on & off for many months.

The security folks at Telekom say the problem is Microsoft putting t-online.de in their Blacklist despite Telekom contacting them (seem to have given up).

9 hours ago, fraufruit said:

Or register a complaint with Outlook who now owns hotmail.

Actually its Microsoft who own Outlook, hotmail, Live & several others.  Same issue with all of them.

Now gmx.de has started blacklisting t-online.de

The cost was so high, the vast loans the government took out to fund it were only just paid off in 2015.

This piece of journalism would be worthy of the Daily Fail. Who was the lender of these vast loans? No the ancestors of the innocent are not the lenders. The BBC seems to be lowering the bar for the purposes of shit-stirring.

I received a letter from the municipality of Munich for the upcoming local elections. I can cast 1 vote for the mayor, up to 80 votes for the Stadtrat and upto 45 votes for the Bezirksausschuss?? I'm supposed to bring coffee and sandwhiches along?

10 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

I received a letter from the municipality of Munich for the upcoming local elections. I can cast 1 vote for the mayor, up to 80 votes for the Stadtrat and upto 45 votes for the Bezirksausschuss?? I'm supposed to bring coffee and sandwhiches along?

That's early - the Wahlbenachrichtigungen will be sent from today until the 23. https://www.muenchen.de/aktuell/2020/kommunalwahl-2020.html

Are you Wahlhelfer by any chance?

Metall has been banned for 24 hours because of saying "I'm getting very tired of the idiots on Toytown"

Come on, Editor Bob - you should know the difference between "everyone on Toytown is an idiot" and "some are" (the latter applying)!

(have a good day everyone.)

How about a Spartacus response from TT regarding Metall being banned for using 'Toytown' and 'idiots' in the same sentence?

My family are coming for dinner tomorrow, always a happy affair.  My oldest daughter and her husband are doing the Keto diet, so no carbs, but that’s ok, they can eat around them. My son is doing intermittent fasting, so we have to eat within a certain time, again, not a problem. Then, last night, my youngest daughter phoned to say she’s now vegetarian.

There were videos going around at Christmas time about such situations, oh, how I laughed at them!

A man in China was infected with Corona, however, it took 27 days until he showed the first symtoms.

Why are people only 2 weeks in quarantine?

In the word quarantine is the Italian word "quaranta" which means 40.

Why are our politicians/doctors are so carelessness?

Do they want nto spread Corona around the world?

Or do they want to use Corona to repair the social systems, since mostly elderly people die?

Three years ago when we moved, we bought a high quality Resopal textured black countertop from Bauhaus for the reinstallation of our old kitchen in the new place. There's a LOT of countertop - about twelve running meters. Anyway, some areas  right around the cooktop seemed to be graying and getting dull. I thought it was either overzealous cleaning or hard water buildup from our from concentrate surface cleaner. I looked with a magnifying glass for scratches and didn't see many, so I assumed buildup. The Resopal company was no help. Their website did not discuss it.

Formica Co recommended a car polish and wax. I did not believe it. I tried all normal routes, different cleaners, different types of buildup removers, and different kinds of cleaning cloths. I got nowhere.

So, I broke down and treated the surface like a dull car finish. I washed and clay barred the surface, cleaned it with an alcohol-based cleaner, and waxed it using Sonax Polish & Wax 3. 

It looks brand new.

In my entire life I have never had to do this to a countertop. Whodathunkit would work anyway? Really. Am I alone here? Has anyone else done this? Did I get tricked and Resopal stinks?

ETA: I would never pay to install granite, ceramic, or concrete counters in a rented flat, so the quality comment was in comparison to other laminates.

1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

In my entire life I have never had to do this to a countertop. Whodathunkit would work anyway? Really. Am I alone here? Has anyone else done this? Did I get tricked and Resopal stinks?

We have resopal countertops for 10 years now. The decor is "bamboo". Don't know whether it is still available.

We have a spot which looks a little dull. I first thought it is lime, however, the surface is absolutely smooth.

Nevertheless, I think the quality of resopal is good, should we need a new countertop we would surely take resopal.

Since I also have a car where I clean the finish with "Reinigungsknete", I have everything at hand and will try your recipe with the countertop.