What's got you flummoxed today?

7,330 posts in this topic

I believe the shooter had a shot gun. From when I used to shoot guns in my youth, you only get 2 shots with a double barrel shotgun. Maybe they are automatic now. If not, the crowd could have shoved that shotgun up his ass when he tried to re-load.

Still, glad he got taken out without killing anyone else.

Don't quite know what they are going for with the middle symbol, but I've seen it somewhere before...

ankle ss.JPG

Just now, lisa13 said:

jesus.  virtual hugs @sos-the-rope

Its not all bad, I’m hoping to squeeze in a bit of free time with the kiddos. And I can go wandering about the countryside to relax the mind, that part’s great. I just wonder how most people go their whole life without getting a hobby and getting on with life.

nono - of course not all bad.  I loved my in laws dearly but damn...a week was my absolute max before I needed some serious space. 

1 minute ago, lisa13 said:

nono - of course not all bad.  I loved my in laws dearly but damn...a week was my absolute max before I needed some serious space. 

Yeah. Already had the BS after two days. I’m only here this time as childcare. Somehow I’m very zen about it this time though. I think I just don’t care any more. Seen it once, seen it all.

21 minutes ago, sos-the-rope said:

2 weeks with the in-laws. I’m in line for 1000 years off purgatory and a freekin medal.

Not wishing to sound morbid here, because I remember those times with extended family and it wasn't always easy, but now, parents-in-law are gone, parents also gone, children have grown up and left home and, although I enjoy my own company, sometimes it gets just a little too quiet around here, and I miss them.

30 minutes ago, Tap said:

Not wishing to sound morbid here, because I remember those times with extended family and it wasn't always easy, but now, parents-in-law are gone, parents also gone, children have grown up and left home and, although I enjoy my own company, sometimes it gets just a little too quiet around here, and I miss them.

I don’t intend to go quiet into that good night, don’t worry about me

15 hours ago, Tap said:

...and I miss them.

Nostalgia. Forgetting the bad bits :lol:

17 hours ago, fraufruit said:

One must also consider how much the in laws enjoy having long-staying guests. :lol:

Sure. I have zero patience with passive-aggressive stuff any more though. It’s not like I broke down the door and set up camp without permission.

Alleged drink-driver arrested on motorway had no front tyres

Police pulled over motorist ‘struggling to drive’ near Bury in early hours of New Year’s Day

Now, 6 times the legal limit... that's a hell of a lot of booze. 

Thanks to the cops for stopping him. Why didn't his 'friends' try to?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jan/02/alleged-drink-driver-arrested-on-motorway-had-no-front-tyres

Happy New Year to you all