What's got you flummoxed today?

6,725 posts in this topic

Well in UK slang, a man's penis is known as the "Pork Sword" or the "Beef Bayonet".

Don't know how that works with vegetarians.

18 hours ago, Metall said:

Why don't you just talk to him?? *smh*

Do you suppose I haven't tried?  :wacko:

I'm sorry, but when a person so close to me is in such denial (and it is *that* important to me), I no longer sneak and tiptoe around them.

I say it straight out the way I perceive it. Right to their face.

Yes, I have done it to close relatives, and I've gotten answers that way.

But then you already know the answer...

3 minutes ago, Metall said:

I say it straight out the way I perceive it. Right to their face.

And this gets me nowhere. I am not expecting a confession. I never get more than just clues. Understandably I'd love to nail it.

I don't "know" the answer. That is what eats you up. And yes, it is important to know if you have been deceived.

23 minutes ago, optimista said:

And yes, it is important to know if you have been deceived.

You have been deceived. 

I suggest you follow Metall's advice and move on in your head if not in person.  There are other relationships, choices, and opportunities. It is that simple. 

You're welcome. 

11 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

...move on in your head if not in person. 

It is that simple. 

Done it, thanks. Doesn't stop you wanting the proof that informs your future attitude and behaviour towards said person who is the Father of my child.

It is not simple (I am really trying very hard not to add stupid. Damn. Failed.)

@john g. I almost stopped watching when Bairstow was out. Bl00dy relieved I stuck with it. My youngest son has now watched two England matches on TV: the world cup final and this test. He is getting a really inaccurate impression of 1) how much games change and 2) how good England are at cricket. Absolutely brilliant game though.

I rewatched this Headingley test bowling spell by Bob Willis for fun this evening-.-I remember it well!

And I miss Richie Benaud!!

3 hours ago, john g. said:

I had to work this afternoon. I sneaked a couple of views on my mobile. At the point Butler went I was a bit jittery but when I looked again and it was 261 - 7 I thought that it was about over. At 286 - 9 that was it, no point in following anymore - until I later saw they had won. How did they do that? I know Ben Stokes... twice he's got them out of the mire. Australia will be willing Smith is back for the next test.

I also hope Smith will be back. I appreciate top professional sportsmen in their teams and may the better team win. And respect at the end of the game.

6 hours ago, optimista said:

Done it, thanks. Doesn't stop you wanting the proof that informs your future attitude and behaviour towards said person who is the Father of my child.

It is not simple (I am really trying very hard not to add stupid. Damn. Failed.)

I world look at this as similar to a grieving process when a body is lost at sea. There will be no burial. Life will move on but there will be the lingering doubt that a loved one is cast adrift with only a ball with a face drawn on it for company. 

Just reading an article in the local paper about the state of people's cars. Not even animals live in crap like this.  Disgusting, slovenly behaviour.

https://images-o.jpimedia.uk/imagefetch/w_700,f_auto,ar_3:2,q_auto:low,c_fill/if_h_lte_200,c_mfit,h_201/https://www.midhurstandpetworth.co.uk/webimage/1.9047883.1566816236!/image/image.jpg

I did not know that the BBC homepage also has a pidgin part: https://www.bbc.com/pidgin

"Parliament for UK go dey suspended for September, wetin e mean?

Inside one move wey shock pipo on Wednesday morning, Britain new Prime Minister Boris Johnson set up di motion to suspend Parliament for UK- wey mean say di time wey di MPs get to debate Brexit, how UK wan comot di European Union, go reduce."

Will pidgin English replace "Oxford English" in future?

Vent/flummox...as I am our family's main peacekeeper, I can't believe the outcome of encouraging husband and kid to make amends with each other after a week of their bickering.  I'm now seemingly the demon....full on teenage girl and middle age man mong out at me upon their return from dinner together!

WT*?

I'd love to disappear somewhere right now....

Ah, triangulation. I know it well. :( Somebody has to be "it" emkay.

The Law of Good Intentions raises its ugly head again.  Bonding has funny manifestations. 
Sorry, @emkay. :(