What's got you flummoxed today?

6,725 posts in this topic

I have a business client and it never  - EVER - works with emails. Mine always come back undelivered..ALWAYS..this has gone on for years. We always have to write on Skype.

I sent him an email today...and he got it!

Life´s too short (or, at least, mine is meanwhile ! ) to understand why. It´s beyond me!:D 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am flummoxed at how some people assume that because you fed them (5 hungry noses) lke royalty once you are gonna do it for the whole weekend. I did. Pushover. But how do they live with themselves?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, optimista said:

I am flummoxed at how some people assume that because you fed them (5 hungry noses) lke royalty once you are gonna do it for the whole weekend. I did. Pushover. But how do they live with themselves?

Maybe they think you enjoy cooking and are happy to oblige by eating what you dish up. On the other hand, they could be bare-faced scroungers.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, optimista said:

I am flummoxed at how some people assume that because you fed them (5 hungry noses) lke royalty once you are gonna do it for the whole weekend. I did. Pushover. But how do they live with themselves?

 

They probably didn't think they were doing anything wrong.  Did they invite themselves over for the weekend?  Did you agree with them coming or no? Did they ask to be fed like royalty or did you feel like you had to?

 

What would have happened if you'd said you are cooking store bought soup or frozen pizza? 

 

Some people are scroungers and they see nothing wrong with what they do while other people might mean well but are oblivious of boundaries unless they are told. In both cases you have to set your boundaries because these people will not do it for you. 

 

If someone tells you they are coming over for the weekend there's nothing wrong with saying "now is not a good time, let's plan something later". If they are already there, you can tell them "let's share the cooking, I'll cook today and tomorrow you take care of dinner." Or go with frozen pizza, the cheapest ones. That'll make them think twice before inviting themselves again.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am flummoxed as to how such an intelligent TTer can create a Gmail account just for the sole purpose of trolling my website and my email inbox...

 

what makes me laugh is that they didnt bother to hide their IP address (or hide behind a vpn).. ... which has just been shared with Wiesbaden Cyber KriPo.

 

Its great when neighbours help out neighbours...   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SpiderPig said:

I am flummoxed as to how such an intelligent TTer can create a Gmail account just for the sole purpose of trolling my website and my email inbox...

 

what makes me laugh is that they didnt bother to hide their IP address (or hide behind a vpn).. ... which has just been shared with Wiesbaden Cyber KriPo.

 

What on earth did they send you?  I get criminal (I presume) 419ers and whatnot all the time, and Ive never even considered going to the police.

 

I can only assume this was some kind of threat, are you safe?

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if someone shitted up my pro-inbox with spam and I had the ability to track them down, I would certainly call the police and file a report. After all, forcing me to expend my paid time on petty nonsense would constitute at minimum a potential tortious interference. 

 

But, hey, that's just me.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@zwiebelfisch

 

There is a difference between being sent a scam email via spambot, than an email that was purposely sent by Toytowner to a mail address that is utterly unique to my webpage.

 

funilly enough, J² only posted yesterday that my website was shite... ( I waited 6yrs for him to get round to doing it) and it appears that one of my Stalkie stalkers decided to create a Gmail account and fill in the web-request form... 

 

It now turned the childish stalking to internet harrasment. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

@zwiebelfisch

 

There is a difference between being send a scam email via spambot, than an email that was purposely sent by Toytowner to a mail address that is utterly unique to my webpage.

 

funilly enough, J² only posted yesterday that my website was shite... ( I waited 6yres for him to get round to doing it) and it appears that one of my Stalkie stalkers decided to create a Gmail account and fill in the web-request form... 

 

It now turned the childish stalking to internet harrasment. 

 

:lol:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder what would be the impact of having a cyberstalking investigation open against a visa holder on the visa or on any citizenship application. SOFA is pretty clear on this. It's a free ticket home.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AlexTr said:

I wonder what would be the impact of having a cyberstalking investigation open against a visa holder on the visa or on any citizenship application. SOFA is pretty clear on this. It's a free ticket home.

 

Really? SP loves this but I know a guy who had a DUI and criminal charges for assault while here on a visa and he didn't get sent home. He had another assault charge while applying for citizenship and they just froze his application until it got taken care of. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LeonG said:

 

Really? SP loves this but I know a guy who had a DUI and criminal charges for assault while here on a visa and he didn't get sent home. He had another assault charge while applying for citizenship and they just froze his application until it got taken care of. 

 

Why does SP love this? I guess the system here is more liberal than in the US, then, innit.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

 

Why does SP love this? I guess the system here is more liberal than in the US, then, innit.

 

SP loves it when I talk about all the ppl I know.  He usually comments.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LeonG said:

 

SP loves it when I talk about all the ppl I know.  He usually comments.

Of course I will comment... 

 

Do you know any Australians?...   Coz they think thats where he originates from... 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpiderPig said:

Of course I will comment... 

 

Do you know any Australians?...   Coz they think thats where he originates from... 

 

Who are "they" and "he" in this equation?I know an Australian woman. Does that help?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No update yet on the case of the "Australian intellectual"?  

 

If the Rheinland-Pfalz authorities consider the case to important enough to ask Wiesbaden  KriPo for support, then the case must be as serious as some posters have feared.

 

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now