What's got you flummoxed today?

6,590 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, LukeSkywalker said:

It's getting out of hand: https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-48880468

Toxic processionary caterpillar plague spreads across Europe. It's in the Dutch news almost every other day. Each oak processionary caterpillar has up to 700,000 hairs causing skin irritation. They are spread through the wind as well. Almost the entire country is infected. 

shudder.

reminds me somewhat of the gypsy moth caterpillar (in looks) and the infestation we had in upstate NY and all over the east coast in the 80s.  I remember one summer there were so many caterpillars, it sounded like it was raining all the time - the "rain" was the sound of their chewing and pooping.  It was horrible - truly, the caterpillars were EVERYWHERE.  So many trees were completely defoliated, their sickening "tents" in the branches, overflowing with caterpillars.  No joke, almost like some kind of horror movie except they didn't have any direct impact on people (their hairs are harmless).

ironically enough, decades later I lived right next to the park where that scourge of exotics first took hold in the 1860's.  

I am flummoxed that someone can look me straight in the eye and be such a bare-faced and brazen liar. I could not do that to someone else.

Can't believe some miserable person got various local kid's ads taken down trying to earn a bit of school holiday money babysitting, dog walking, street sweeping etc...eBay Kleinanzeigen and shop ads.  The reason being that they are supposed to include an Impressum.

@emkay As long as the ads have any kind of Impressum, they won't get taken down. Even Ebay has to follow the law 

you know, I was just thinking the same thing the other day.  I was on a listening spree of old punk music from my high school days, most of the lyrics being quite political, and not a damned thing has changed, on a core level.  You could just change the names used in a lot of the lyrics and it would fit.

dickwaving still seems to be a thing.  

It's an advert. New member revived a 2 year old thread just to post about that particular service? There's enough visa threads that he could at least have picked a more recent one.

My husband's total lack of empathy towards me really has me wondering if he is just a bear with a sore head or is on the functional psychopathy spectrum. I really do suspect he has learnt to execute certain behaviours in certain situations in order to appear normal but actually feels nothing. He has flummoxed me for 30 years on all levels.

It also flummoxes me that he would keep a laboratory analysis from 1979 indicating a urinary tract infection caused by colibacillus. Sherlock knows where that strain usually lives. :ph34r:

45 minutes ago, optimista said:

My husband's total lack of empathy towards me really has me wondering if he is just a bear with a sore head or is on the functional psychopathy spectrum. I really do suspect he has learnt to execute certain behaviours in certain situations in order to appear normal but actually feels nothing. He has flummoxed me for 30 years on all levels.

It also flummoxes me that he would keep a laboratory analysis from 1979 indicating a urinary tract infection caused by colibacillus. Sherlock knows where that strain usually lives. :ph34r:

Time to invoke Marie Kondo:P

( Whether the lab result or husband- I will leave that up to you!)

From the crumbs you've dropped over the course of your long posting history, it's obvious that he's been using you as his beard for the last 30 years. Don't you think it's time to draw the line and just leave him? I can't imagine that French divorce laws would leave you destitute in your situation. Or did you sign away your right to half of the community property when you got married?

29 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

Time to invoke Marie Kondo:P

( Whether the lab result or husband- I will leave that up to you!)

Sounds like neither 'spark joy', usefulness unknown.  Just my opinion...after 30 years of flummox, I'd really want to know exactly what the issues are and would go as far as to recruit a private investigator for the sake of personal closure. 

It doesn't take a private investigator to tell your husband is gay and desperately trying to deny and hide the fact (possibly because there is family money involved). There, I said it.

I've seen cases like this before...

... in the 1980s!

I can understand you're financially tied to the man, and might not be able to divorce him, but I would cease trying to understand, change, or even live with him.

Seriously. It's 2019, thirty plus years after the gay liberation movement. Don't be a prisoner of the past.

You don't have to be divorced to live your own life these days... just stop torturing yourself with this unhappy closeted man's presence, with your restless diagnostics, with false hopes. Let it be.

Well it says directly underneath:

We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online news team? Email us at tips@the-sun.co.ukor call 0207 782 4368. You can WhatsApp us on 07810 791 502. We pay for videos too. Click here to upload yours