What's got you flummoxed today?

6,507 posts in this topic

Is this real? People in Oregon are to be trusted to pump their own gas. The world has gone crazy.

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/DSkorMuUQAEnUqM-415x330.jpg

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Screen-Shot-2018-01-03-at-14.41.21.png

https://www.thepoke.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/DSkorMuVQAArjNJ.jpg

I think there are a few states that have attendant only pumping laws. New Jersey used to be one of them. I quite enjoyed it, actually. Felt like a queen for 10 minutes.

On 7/9/2019, 1:53:04, fraufruit said:

I think there are a few states that have attendant only pumping laws. New Jersey used to be one of them. I quite enjoyed it, actually. Felt like a queen for 10 minutes.

Here on  Crete , dunno about laws...but the driver never self-pumps. All family owned as far as I know so one comes out...even the geriatric father-in-law! But get a receipt! It is not unknown that one person pumps and takes cash but doesn´t pass it on to the family!!

There are many unwritten laws here..one is: if someone opens a taverna/business and isn´t in the family, you don´t use their services.

Our Cypriot guy, Panagiotis, has his taverna at the beach but many locals go to Petros and his camper taverna...because he is one of them!

Go to the museum and learn something.  Ok. Off to the spy museum in Berlin. A bit too entertainy for my liking, but an interesting half day.

Flummoxed:

There was a display showing toys that can report data...as in Alexa. I'd heard of some dolls that were recalled in Germany as they could be made to listen in to the kids room.

But what's this:

A dildo and an anal plug.

Each with bluetooth.

And the ability to send 'usage data' to god knows who.

I give up.

Get me a beer in a glass without a MAC address (see vent)

I skimmed an article today wherein google allegedly admitted to having "quality control" employees listen in on private conversations via their home devices.

there is no way in hell I'd put one of these devices in my life (alexa or echo or anything like it).  Just never.  I've even gone so far as to disable microphone permissions on every app I have on my phone aside from apps that clearly need it (eg the phone itself, skype, and others that I actually need to talk to for a known reason).  google assistant is banned as far as I'm concerned but what do I know? is it listening anyway?  no earthly way of knowing.

If someone is so desperate for entertainment or "information" that they want to listen in on my sex toys...whatever.  I mean, 

just

whatever.

Why is she called an actor? She´s an actress. The irony of modern PC!!!

26 minutes ago, john g. said:

Why is she called an actor? She´s an actress. The irony of modern PC!!!

Oh John, you are such a dinosaur. Acting is not gender-specific, so everyone is called an actor.

One day there will be no lions or lionesses, no bulls or cows, no roosters or hens, no Mr and Mrs.

Greets, hoops! Just googled the old Greek word for actor and was amazed! It is hupokrites! ( like the word hypocrite ). THAT is flummoxing!😂

..just had an email from someone who wants his wife to deliver her baby in November in my hospital!!!:lol:

my ex used to accuse me of getting mad at the sun.

I can't say he was completely wrong, but...you know...when I'm trying to drive and it comes along and shines RIGHT IN MY EYES...can't see.  just dangerous and unnecessary.

not to mention very rude.

3 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

my ex used to accuse me of getting mad at the sun.

I can't say he was completely wrong, but...you know...when I'm trying to drive and it comes along and shines RIGHT IN MY EYES...can't see.  just dangerous and unnecessary.

not to mention very rude.

Even more of a problem on a motorbike. :ph34r:

Want to remember your dear departed loved one, then how about having their teeth mounted into jewellery. :o

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/66616798_1816618695151502_8590014611535691776_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQnJmleGiJF2p5mgT8pz_RX2qsX3Pme3oEXCASBpbs6xCKdp2uFGIbEU2ZEDcRzvslmkciu0KPiGc6j3klXvonTo&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=dbafbcc6e3969b17bd1309e27f7b8d72&oe=5DA1251E

11 minutes ago, hooperski said:

Want to remember your dear departed loved one, then how about having their teeth mounted into jewellery. :o

Of all the WTFs you've ever posted, hoops, that's the WTFiest.

Did they extract the metal for the jewelry from the teeth, too?

5d2da240c5440_0b1c1b037f327ac0fd5bb5f1ad

Color me not surprised. They tried to sell me all kinds of sick shit while I was trying to organize burying my son. i.e. some of his ashes in a glass necklace locket. Gross!

It's getting out of hand: https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-48880468

Toxic processionary caterpillar plague spreads across Europe. It's in the Dutch news almost every other day. Each oak processionary caterpillar has up to 700,000 hairs causing skin irritation. They are spread through the wind as well. Almost the entire country is infected. 

10 hours ago, hooperski said:

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/66616798_1816618695151502_8590014611535691776_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQnJmleGiJF2p5mgT8pz_RX2qsX3Pme3oEXCASBpbs6xCKdp2uFGIbEU2ZEDcRzvslmkciu0KPiGc6j3klXvonTo&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=dbafbcc6e3969b17bd1309e27f7b8d72&oe=5DA1251E

Next time you should warn us: "This post contains disturbing images."