What's got you flummoxed today?

7,094 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, john g. said:

You know i need help, Red!:lol:What is WYSIWYG? What you say is what you get? (inspired guess!!)...

What you see is what you get. Bit like a Jack Russell. terrier!;)

1 minute ago, RedMidge said:

What you see is what you get. Bit like a Jack Russell. terrier!;)

ah...BLAJRT!!!

:D

With you!!!!

2 hours ago, john g. said:

You know i need help, Red!:lol:What is WYSIWYG? What you say is what you get? (inspired guess!!)...

WYSIWYG -> What you see is what you get

I bought this drone from a bloke in the pub last night.  Can't get it to fly.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D9reAshWwAAdSud.jpg

On 28.6.2019, 00:53:41, hooperski said:

f this is true, the world has gone bonkers. Is that a diesel van, with a petrol generator on the trailer, charging an electric car?

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/64898423_2571136346251207_2549544564599816192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQmq0MMufsVKgTpHnVJAFORj4mrwzmwtQL5DP-ZT-WF8bfP8tP0MO6dj-p307Bn8x2Y67Dv4o-yGUwoXQjaf97Pd&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=b3e096518567adb86e45ab3e269d5b7e&oe=5DBB87B9

Watchin this video might answer the question...

I mean, WTF?  Ladies, after you'd changed your panties, wouldn't you punch him in the face?  Them Ruskies sure know how to impress a lady.

A bit controversial of me but does this woman look as though she is hungry enough to have to steal food?

"This woman was being held by security. She had food in her bag she didn’t pay for. When the NYPD showed up, they paid for her food."

I don't suppose for one minute that this was a PR stunt....

Food.jpg

1 hour ago, Clive2677 said:

A bit controversial of me but does this woman look as though she is hungry enough to have to steal food?

The fact she's a bit on the plump side says nothing about how hungry she is. It just indicates she has consumed more than she burned off at some point in the past. Although with her extra reserves she could get away with consuming few calories now without risking wasting away any time soon. She might still be freaking hungry though

She may have crippling health bills to pay?   It's a feelgood, headline-grabbing story with no real facts. MAGA.

1 hour ago, hooperski said:

She may have crippling health bills to pay?   It's a feel good headline grabbing story with no real facts. MAGA.

This is in the US, so  medical bills can be   devastating, even with  health care plans.

We do not know, and I think it is sad to judge the  situation  on her body size.

a lot of poor americans are actually fatter than you'd guess.  The reason being that junk/processed food is a hell of a lot cheaper than real food. 

In addition, it is a well known problem that many poor neighborhoods lack real supermarkets - usually bodegas and other convenience stores are all that's there.  If you're poor you don't have a car and may not be able to even afford public transportation to get to a decent market.  

to top it off, nutrition education is woefully lacking across the board and the poor simply don't have the "luxury" of considering that aspect of things most times.  Anyway, I have no trouble believing this woman could be legitimately hungry.

1 hour ago, lisa13 said:

to top it off, nutrition education is woefully lacking across the board and the poor simply don't have the "luxury" of considering that aspect of things most times. 

I absolutely agree.  My daughter is 18 and in all of her education in the UK and here in Germany, she's had one lesson on nutrition, only recently when the biology teacher had run out of curriculum.  Medical students apparently also have virtually no nutrition education.

Nutrition lessons surely are of paramount importance from an early age. Time too to go back to school cookery lessons, including boys. 

I recently watched a few very enlightening documentaries on Netflix...search for 'health'.  General principle being, 'Food is medicine and can prevent/cure/lessen a host of serious diseases/conditions'.

Just like so many things, old skills are being forgotten and the younger generation is now the first generation likely not to live as long as their parents. I remember at a standard Comprehensive school I was at in the 70's, all the boys had to do cookery and sewing and all the girls had to do Woodwork, Metalwork and Tech. Drawing. Nowadays, just how many know how to cook something nutritional and how to change a plug or fix a Rawlplug? It's not the fault of the kids but of the Politicians.

1 hour ago, emkay said:

I absolutely agree.  My daughter is 18 and in all of her education in the UK and here in Germany, she's had one lesson on nutrition, only recently when the biology teacher had run out of curriculum.  Medical students apparently also have virtually no nutrition education.

Nutrition lessons surely are of paramount importance from an early age. Time too to go back to school cookery lessons, including boys. 

I recently watched a few very enlightening documentaries on Netflix...search for 'health'.  General principle being, 'Food is medicine and can prevent/cure/lessen a host of serious diseases/conditions'.

I agree that these skills are no longer passed down from parent to child, but there are dozens of cookery shows on UK television.

In my opinion it is a generational thing, too many distractions to cook a proper meal. (Instagram, Facebook etc stealing their time)

Also, I see young children in buggies being fed the likes of Quavers and sweets.  This snack food is garbage to a growing child, but an easy option.