What's got you flummoxed today?

6,929 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

Beamte :lol:

The first time in human history someone has got three likes for admitting their in-laws are Beamte!!

:D

(That includes serious studies on rural life in Outer Mongolia in the 17th century, albeit never read by yours truly )...

46 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

Beamte :lol:

oh my goodness - you poor thing!

sincerest sympathies

9 hours ago, lisa13 said:

have a look at this summary of "games people play"

most frequently seen on TT are "kick me", "ain't it awful", "why don't you, yes but", "blemish", and of course "gotcha"

I still have our board game of The Games People Play.  You can't be a beautiful Princess or Handsome Prince (and win the game) if you still have any brown stamps.  Brown stamps are given out to players who say some variant of 'I was just trying to help'. I forget how you get rid of them. 
But you're right, @lisa13, TT is very much like real life and the games people play. :)  I see a lot of people on TT playing 'wooden leg', which in the board game forces you to use only one die, instead of two.  'Wooden leg'?  It's the , 'I would, but  [I have a wooden leg], [my husband won't let me], [my neighbors persecute me without a cause], etc., response to suggestions and offers to help.

16 minutes ago, katheliz said:

I still have our board game of The Games People Play.  You can't be a beautiful Princess or Handsome Prince (and win the game) if you still have any brown stamps.  Brown stamps are given out to players who say some variant of 'I was just trying to help'. I forget how you get rid of them. 
But you're right, @lisa13, TT is very much like real life and the games people play. :)  I see a lot of people on TT playing 'wooden leg', which in the board game forces you to use only one die, instead of two.  'Wooden leg'?  It's the , 'I would, but  [I have a wooden leg], [my husband won't let me], [my neighbors persecute me without a cause], etc., response to suggestions and offers to help.

I had no idea there was a board game - that is so incredibly fabulous!

IRL the trading stamps get saved up then "spent" on some kind of psychological payoff.  I'm guessing the brown ones are not the kind we should be collecting :)

23 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

IRL the trading stamps get saved up then "spent" on some kind of psychological payoff.  I'm guessing the brown ones are not the kind we should be collecting :)

The stamps are bestowed willingly, laughingly even, but the recipients never appear grateful. :D It's a lot like TT! :D:D 

If this is true, the world has gone bonkers. Is that a diesel van, with a petrol generator on the trailer, charging an electric car?

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/64898423_2571136346251207_2549544564599816192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQmq0MMufsVKgTpHnVJAFORj4mrwzmwtQL5DP-ZT-WF8bfP8tP0MO6dj-p307Bn8x2Y67Dv4o-yGUwoXQjaf97Pd&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=b3e096518567adb86e45ab3e269d5b7e&oe=5DBB87B9

I haven't used fabric conditioner for a long time as it aggrevates my daughter's eczema and seems like a waste of money. I never knew exactly how bad fabric conditioners are. Quite shocking...

@lisa13 and @katheliz lately, I just get to play old people games like "What is this?" as I point to something on my body and "Guess who died?". Ahahaha! Middle age is a pip.

you can use natron to soften clothes as it counteracts the minerals in hard water - this is about as safe as it gets

5 hours ago, emkay said:

I haven't used fabric conditioner for a long time as it aggrevates my daughter's eczema and seems like a waste of money. I never knew exactly how bad fabric conditioners are. Quite shocking...

Same here. I have never used it. Because I have no hanging space I dry my laundry in a tumble dryer and towels etc. come out nice and soft. The same effect as when the washing blows in the wind on a washing line, which is what I used to do when the kids were small. A long time ago, when there was no fabric softener. I also don't like it, when the laundry smells perfumed. 

I  haven't used fabric softner for years, what I do is add a little white vinegar instead.  It removes any excess soap from the clothers and stops any build-up in the washing machiing.  And no, my clothes don't smell of it.

13 hours ago, hooperski said:

If this is true, the world has gone bonkers. Is that a diesel van, with a petrol generator on the trailer, charging an electric car?

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/64898423_2571136346251207_2549544564599816192_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_oc=AQmq0MMufsVKgTpHnVJAFORj4mrwzmwtQL5DP-ZT-WF8bfP8tP0MO6dj-p307Bn8x2Y67Dv4o-yGUwoXQjaf97Pd&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=b3e096518567adb86e45ab3e269d5b7e&oe=5DBB87B9

63B9BB46-2FC7-4BAD-B6F6-AECC8B53C5A8.jpeg

On ‎26‎.‎06‎.‎2019‎ ‎18‎:‎10‎:‎32, emkay said:

I'm flummoxed how badly former respected members treat others on TT these days.  New and vulnerable members rarely stand a chance.

Chill, Emkay, chill...

I am online since 1989 (www wasn't even invented, but there was a large mailbox scene, Fido, Mausnet, and whatever).

With those 30 years of experience I can smell a rat a mile away when it comes to being bullshited by trolls.

What I wrote (my suggestion to become a Moderator) was just the litmus test, afterwards evidence that this is monkey business basically fell in my lap (with a little help from my friends).

>We're all aware that online bullying can cause irreparable harm to the bullied person. 

I don't thing that this particular bully/those bullies who are now gone will ever bullshit you again. They might come back with another account, I am afraid. 

P.S.: The bloke from whom I got the essential hint is banned at the moment. So I posted it. So all the praise of my detective work should actually go to Spidey.

15 hours ago, hooperski said:

Road assistance for e-cars exists since like 2011 or 2012 in several countries.   They normally have a big battery and pass charge to the depleted car.   I do not know what exactly is going on in that picture, but notice the donor box says EV, so maybe it is a battery,

2 hours ago, franklan said:

P.S.: The bloke from whom I got the essential hint is banned at the moment. So I posted it. So all the praise of my detective work should actually go to Spidey.

and praise to you for giving credit where credit is due.

11 hours ago, emkay said:

I use these.  I don't know of any bad things about them, and they're from a renewable resource. :) 
aumondo Trocknerbälle für Wäschetrockner - 6 XXL ExtragroÃe Filzbälle aus Schafwolle, der natürliche Weichspüler. Ideal für Daunenjacken. Dryer Balls Trocknerkugeln für Daunen.

4 hours ago, franklan said:

Chill, Emkay, chill...

I am online since 1989 (www wasn't even invented, but there was a large mailbox scene, Fido, Mausnet, and whatever).

With those 30 years of experience I can smell a rat a mile away when it comes to being bullshited by trolls.

What I wrote (my suggestion to become a Moderator) was just the litmus test, afterwards evidence that this is monkey business basically fell in my lap (with a little help from my friends).

>We're all aware that online bullying can cause irreparable harm to the bullied person. 

I don't thing that this particular bully/those bullies who are now gone will ever bullshit you again. They might come back with another account, I am afraid. 

Well, a green for SP.  I am starting to realise he really is a WYSIWYG.  

It has been very hot again today, but the strong breeze now means the house was lovely with all the windows and doors open.  A neighbour 5 houses away is creating so much smoke our house is now smelly.  Garden is fogged with smoke.   Cannot understand why this is something that is tolerated.  

12 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

Well, a green for SP.  I am starting to realise he really is a WYSIWYG.  

You know i need help, Red!:lol:What is WYSIWYG? What you say is what you get? (inspired guess!!)...