What's got you flummoxed today?

6,868 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, balticus said:

Just a few hours before you wrote this, you, fraufruit, and others greened a post on another thread which was just pure insult by El Jeffo and added no content to the conversation.While all this hand wringing about personal attacks is very touching, you and fraufruit frequently cheer it on via the greening of nasty, insult riddled posts.   You should be called out for it.   You're part of the problem.   

Balticus, let me remind you with your posts from yesterday you'll find a few below  from the Trump thread, you were on quite a roll strewing venomous personal attacks and way off base outlandish accusations purporting to know what others were thinking to perpetrate your own narrative.  Your immature emotional responses in your indefatigable  defense of your savior and lord, Donald Trump were  both preposterous and insulting.

Then you have the audacity today to cry with fake outrage that I and other greened a post someone made in response to your vitriol and personal attacks. 

Go figure, especially since you've never  ever greened someone else's post with a negative response because you always demonstrate such immense integrity and decorum when posting on TT.  

On 6/26/2019, 1:55:40, balticus said:

The issue has been out there for several years whether your attention span can track that long or not.   

You are shamelessly exploiting the situation for partisan purposes and your fake outrage is as disgusting as you are.   

On 6/26/2019, 2:09:10, balticus said:

You are an intelligent person who has completely subdued your common sense. 

Jeffo, AlexTr, Lavender and the others on here with Trump Derangement Syndrome don't give a fuck about the suffering at the border.    Their opportunism is disgusting.

Don't be so stupid. 

22 hours ago, balticus said:

Gutless.  

4 minutes ago, Lavender Rain said:

Balticus, let me remind you with your posts from yesterday you'll find find below  from the Trump thread, you were on quite a roll strewing venomous personal attacks and way off base outlandish accusations purporting to know what others were thinking to perpetrate your own narrative.  Your immature emotional responses in your indefatigable  defense of your savior and lord, Donald Trump were  both preposterous and insulting.

I am  not a Trump fan, but the idea that he is not responsible for all of the evils of the world is somehow incomprehensible to you and the others on that thread.     

My personal attacks were counter-attacks.   Once in a while i try to be impolite to keep others on their toes.   

4 minutes ago, Lavender Rain said:

Then you have the audacity today to cry with fake outrage that I and other greened a post someone made in response to your vitriol and personal attacks. 

Insults don't bother me.   You are mistaking amusement for outrage.      I think you are hilarious. 

have a look at this summary of "games people play"

http://herrylaw.blogspot.com/2009/05/games-people-play.html

it's all there.  

most frequently seen on TT are "kick me", "ain't it awful", "why don't you, yes but", "blemish", and of course "gotcha"

I think the longer you're here, the easier it is to get sucked into these games as really there's not much else going on here (that would inspire sincere input) most days.  

2 hours ago, balticus said:

Just a few hours before you wrote this, you, fraufruit, and others greened a post on another thread which was just pure insult by El Jeffo and added no content to the conversation.

While all this hand wringing about personal attacks is very touching, you and fraufruit frequently cheer it on via the greening of nasty, insult riddled posts.   

You should be called out for it.   You're part of the problem.   

I'm completely flummoxed that alt-bicus continues to bleat about the alleged lack of politeness on the forum, given that he (or she) and his (or her) previous accounts played a huge role in fomenting its increasing toxicity in the first place. He (or she) shit the bed as SA618 and sorcerers_apprentice long before he (or she) decided he (or she) was going to become a polite, helpful Estonian female, by repeatedly posting rabidly bigoted posts against refugees in general and Muslims in particular and attacking everyone who didn't share that viewpoint. In fact, he (or she) and his (or her) multiple alts played a key role in undermining the board's reputation system, leading to the elimination of the red button.

The fact that he (or she) is now complaining about forum decorum in multiple threads is sheer farce.

1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

As always, I am flummoxed by people who go check who greened what/whom. Way too much time on their hands.

ETA - I feel like I'm being stalked when someone is following my greenie trail. If you must do it, please don't mention it. And get some help.

It takes 1-2 seconds and people who green hateful posts can be held accountable.     Why would you be afraid of transparency?   Maybe you can suggest to the site operators that greening a post does not show up on the "Latest Activity" feed.  

People want to behave badly and green anti-social behavior and then wring their hands about the lack of civility.   Hilarious.  :lol:  

54 minutes ago, El Jeffo said:

I'm completely flummoxed that alt-bicus continues to bleat about the alleged lack of politeness on the forum, given that he (or she) and his (or her) previous accounts played a huge role in fomenting its increasing toxicity in the first place.

Impolite is just fine for me outside of the threads in which people have legitimate questions about issues related to living in Germany.    I find it hilarious that calls for civility on this forum frequently come from people who provide little green dopamine hits to the people posting nasty content.     

In fact, he (or she) and his (or her) multiple alts played a key role in undermining the board's reputation system, leading to the elimination of the red button.

I did all that?    Did i shoot JFK also?   

You actually care about your reputation on this board?    :lol:    How old are you?

The fact that he (or she) is now complaining about forum decorum in multiple threads is sheer farce.

Not complaining, but rather LMAO.

1 hour ago, El Jeffo said:

I'm completely flummoxed that alt-bicus continues to bleat about the alleged lack of politeness on the forum, given that he (or she) and his (or her) previous accounts played a huge role in fomenting its increasing toxicity in the first place. He (or she) shit the bed as SA618 and sorcerers_apprentice long before he (or she) decided he (or she) was going to become a polite, helpful Estonian female, by repeatedly posting rabidly bigoted posts against refugees in general and Muslims in particular and attacking everyone who didn't share that viewpoint. In fact, he (or she) and his (or her) multiple alts played a key role in undermining the board's reputation system, leading to the elimination of the red button.

El Jeffo, I'm calling you out and giving you a little green dopamine hit for this post. :)

I am flummoxed that this bitching about other people bitching discussion is stiill going on.  

Do we have nothing else to talk about?

If I wanted to engage with people complaining about slights fictive, perceived or in fact justly earnt then I would spend more time with my in-laws.

No available in-laws? 

I am happy to lend mine out. :D

Nope Berlin :)

Let me know if you need them to swing by. You will need to get the weak cheapo preground filter coffee in though.

ohhhh, are you sure?  Wouldn't it be more entertaining to serve them some really expensive, delicious coffee, whence they can complain and moan, and jeffo (or whoever they are entertaining) can feel deeply insulted?

1 hour ago, lisa13 said:

ohhhh, are you sure?  Wouldn't it be more entertaining to serve them some really expensive, delicious coffee, whence they can complain and moan, and jeffo (or whoever they are entertaining) can feel deeply insulted?

Rocking the boat is one thing, scuttling it and taking yourself out in the process is another. :lol:

1 hour ago, lisa13 said:

You rang?

:D

Coffee story in the Daily Fail today!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-7187407/Dorset-caf-mocks-coffee-snobs-no-nonsense-list-simplified-orders.html

29 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

Rocking the boat is one thing, scuttling it and taking yourself out in the process is another. :lol:

aha - sounds like your inlaws are truly formidable. 

are they terminators, perchance?

17 minutes ago, lisa13 said:

aha - sounds like your inlaws are truly formidable. 

are they terminators, perchance?

Beamte :lol: