What's got you flummoxed today?

7,110 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, AlexTr said:

I am flummoxed about a minor car body repair. Last week, someone hit my wife's car at low speed in a parking lot. It was a really minor scratch. The appraiser just came back with a €2500 estimate, but only a €250 devaluation if the car. That doesn't seem to fit together. 

What is the actual value of the car? 

If I break my glasses, it may cost EUR 500 to fix them, but since they were worth EUR 800 new 3 years ago, they are highly unlikely to be worth that 500 and would therefore not lose 500 in value. 

@A.N.Other I wouldn't imagine the value of the car was much over €25,000 right now. So you're saying this damage was so small (because it was - the metal didn't bend) that they assessed it at 1% just for the nuisance of having to declare it if we sell the car ever.

I was wondering if the car just wasn’t worth all that much but 25,000 is still quite up there. 

11 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

I was wondering if the car just wasn’t worth all that much but 25,000 is still quite up there. 

It's a scuff, really. I guess the fact that there was no structural work required, no metal bending, no dent to pull out, and the scratch didn't go all the way to the metal means that the value loss is less.

On 15/06/2019, 15:22:19, AlexTr said:

. I don't get why people want an Alexa.

My MIL is almost blind. She asks alexa to turn on radio channels. As she's also quite deaf,  the TV is so loud when in use, there's no worry about anyone overhearing anything other then GZSZ. 

I often see posts here accusing a member of being drunk. Even if that were true, the accuser's aggression seems to far outweigh that of the accused. 

How on earth do you come to that conclusion from 2 words "Drunk again?"... 

I would love to hear your theory on that... 

32 minutes ago, emkay said:

I often see posts here accusing a member of being drunk. Even if that were true, the accuser's aggression seems to far outweigh that of the accused. 

Maybe they are drunk themselves?

He is not allowed alcohol any more. His health is so poor. He has a long list of foods he is forbidden from eating.

Myself if I am forbidden from chocolate croissants I would curl up and cry...:lol:

How somebody can let their ~9-10 year old daughter ride a (kids) quad on the street without any helmet!

3 hours ago, Clive2677 said:

05553A6E-BB6E-488A-AA71-0CC0C2066720.jpeg

And apparently they're good at going down in the box... ...

Just seen a headline saying "Boots set to replace plastic bags".  Won't some of the smaller purchases fall out through the lace holes?

12 hours ago, hooperski said:

Just seen a headline saying "Boots set to replace plastic bags".  Won't some of the smaller purchases fall out through the lace holes?

They mean Wellington boots!  

What happened to the "I don't know what to do with my legal papers" SmurfLee joint? Did Spidey and Smurfy box themselves off the board?

Bitter and angry old man metaphorically shits all over women from a great height as he does not approve of what is being said and how it is being said.

I am flummoxed as to how this can still take place.

@Kommentarlos Well, since the whole thread is gone, I guess we can assume there was enough fault to go around or are you questioning the board's moderation?

On May 30, 2019 at 11:06:43 AM, fraufruit said:
2 hours ago, AlexTr said:

@Kommentarlos Well, since the whole thread is gone, I guess we can assume there was enough fault to go around or are you questioning the board's moderation?

Things must have really become toxic! 

4 minutes ago, RedMidge said:

Things must have really become toxic! 

Turned into a thread about online bullying.

I am flummoxed at how the mods could let this happen.

9 minutes ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Turned into a thread about online bullying.

I am flummoxed at how the mods could let this happen.

Same way it happens every time. Nothing to be surprised about.