What's got you flummoxed today?

6,446 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

Havent you got a dead dog to rescue?

If it's dead, not even John can rescue it. Why the sniping, who shit in your path today?

1 hour ago, john g. said:

There´s a tiny insect on my screen right now..running around and maybe enjoying life. I wonder what he/she/ is thinking about right now. Possibly Prince Philip..I mean..he is from Crete..so you never know!!

I didn't know Phil was from Crete!

33 minutes ago, hooperski said:

If it's dead, not even John can rescue it. Why the sniping, who shit in your path today?

With Piggy, every day is "shit-in-the-path" day!!!! :)

Usually I don't book a seat when I take the train.  My last two trips I did because the bahn website warned that the train might be full.  So I'm a bit flummoxed that on both trips, I ended up sitting next to ppl who didn't know if they had an aisle or a window seat.  It even says on the ticket.  Plus on the shelf above the seats, there's a little pictogram with a window by the seat number that is by the window.

The first one asked me to move "because I was in her seat".  I explained to her that I wasn't, showed her the little pictogram on the shelf and she says "oh".  The second, when I got on the train there was a guy sitting in my seat.  I just sat next to him because I don't really care but the ticket checker mentioned we were in the wrong seats and I said yes I know and the guy said no we're not.  He didn't feel like getting up to look at the pictogram but he had to believe it when I showed him it said on the tickets.

8 hours ago, hooperski said:

Why the sniping, who shit in your path today?

Just TT's resident panto dame and panto villain...he's behind you...

8 hours ago, LeonG said:

when I got on the train there was a guy sitting in my seat.  I just sat next to him because I don't really care

You should always take your own seat. Your reservation expires 15 minutes after leaving the station at which the reservation begins. 

If he had been just some guy without a reservation, rather than just being in the wrong seat, and someone had a reservation for the seat you were sitting in, it would have been you who had to go look for another seat. 

There is no mercy when it comes to reserved seats on DB. 

10 hours ago, john g. said:

There´s a tiny insect on my screen right now..running around and maybe enjoying life. I wonder what he/she/ is thinking about right now. Possibly Prince Philip..I mean..he is from Crete..so you never know!!

I am no expert on the Royal Familly, but I am almost sure that Prince Phillip was born on the Island of Corfu which is to the west of the Greek mainland and your Island of crete is to the south of the mainland.. 

As He and his familly was exciled from Greece when he was a child... so probably 90 or so years ago, I doubt very much that the insect is even aware of such a person let alone thinking about them....

I think its time that you got a second Moniker for your personal use then folks dont get a bad immage of you or think that you could be in someway not the right insurance man for them... 

4 minutes ago, HEM said:

According to Wikipedia it was Corfu.

True dat! I got confused...he was in active service in the War on Crete in the Navy!

35 minutes ago, SpiderPig said:

I am no expert on the Royal Familly, but I am almost sure that Prince Phillip was born on the Island of Corfu which is to the west of the Greek mainland and your Island of crete is to the south of the mainland.. 

As He and his familly was exciled from Greece when he was a child... so probably 90 or so years ago, I doubt very much that the insect is even aware of such a person let alone thinking about them...

I think its time that you got a second Moniker for your personal use then folks dont get a bad immage of you or think that you could be in someway not the right insurance man for them... 

Corfu it is indeed!

I am not clear  what my joking around on this forum sometimes has to do with my professional life, Spider. If people don´t like me, they won´t contact me. Some will, some won´t. That´s fine.

But I like to stand by myself and have my own non-cloned personality---warts ´n all!

On 6/8/2019, 7:49:47, A.N.Other said:

You should always take your own seat. Your reservation expires 15 minutes after leaving the station at which the reservation begins. 

If he had been just some guy without a reservation, rather than just being in the wrong seat, and someone had a reservation for the seat you were sitting in, it would have been you who had to go look for another seat. 

There is no mercy when it comes to reserved seats on DB. 

This is true but in this case both seats were booked starting from the same city so if somebody came to me after less than 15 min. and said that I am in their seat, I still could have asked the other guy to move.  If it were more than 15 min., I could have told the newcomer that just as my seat is gone, so is yours.

Apparently "competitive video gaming" will be included in the 2024 Summer Olympics. :blink:

Last week, I had an outpatient surgery to repair my septum, nasal conchae, and the paranasal sinus passages. I felt fine the next day. Many of my friends have had this surgery and feel rotten and had a lot of pain and bled a lot. I have none of those problems. Why am I experiencing such a better outcome? Is my surgeon just that good?

Why are all the trolls, new alts of old members, and former shitposters suddenly so concerned about tone and manners?

3 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Why are all the trolls, new alts of old members, and former shitposters suddenly so concerned about tone and manners?

I continue to be flummoxed as to why you keep banging on with your conspiracy theories regardless of what the thread is about. 

Each to their own I suppose. It is clearly important to you.

30 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

I continue to be flummoxed as to why you keep banging on with your conspiracy theories regardless of what the thread is about. 

Each to their own I suppose. It is clearly important to you.

You do realize that this is the "what's got you flummoxed" thread, right? :lol:

Logically, if I can introduce a new concept to you, your post would have only made sense had I put this thought ON the threads about which I was writing. 

That's your lesson for the day. I hope it helps.