What's got you flummoxed today?

6,581 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, hooperski said:

Bit of a sweeping statement ...

 

Well, how would you characterize the fact that men are comfortable talking about women's breasts and butts, but almost never discuss women's genitals? It's an earnest question. I am curious to know your take.

Naturally, this is premised on:

 

1) You agree that men do talk about women's breasts and butts. If you don't agree then we have to begin at an entirely different point.

 

2) You stand by your original statement that men don't talk about women's genitals. If you want to revise, I bow to your greater knowledge of the topic of men's conversations with men in advance.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well,I have never talked about a girlfriend´s or wife´s genitals to anyone in my whole life. I can´t remember any adult man doing that , either. I would refuse to answer any questions a man would ask about a partner´s (or even ex-partner´s ) genitals. I would say: " what makes you want to know that? "

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, john g. said:

Well,I have never talked about a girlfriend´s or wife´s genitals to anyone in my whole life. I can´t remember any adult man doing that , either. I would refuse to answer any questions a man would ask about a partner´s (or even ex-partner´s ) genitals. I would say: " what makes you want to know that? "

 

I guess a lot of men are surprised to find out women talk about men's penises. I have been on the receiving end of some really unfortunate information from heterosexual women I know. Really, WAY TMI! Length, girth, bend, color...you name it. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, hooperski said:

I have never known any man talk about his wife's lady parts.

 

Wait, hooperski. You highlighted the word "his" here. Do you mean to say that men talk about the genitals of other men's wives?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

 

I guess a lot of men are surprised to find out women talk about men's penises. I have been on the receiving end of some really unfortunate information from heterosexual women I know. Really, WAY TMI! Length, girth, bend, color...you name it. 

 

Don't restrict yourself to second hand experience. Your own marriage must have given you enough food for thought.

 

What did you chat to your girlfriends about your husbands dangly parts?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Just FYI: All heterosexual women talk like this about the men in their lives.

 

Nope.

 

Definitely not all.

 

Not an interesting topic of conversation.

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kiplette said:

 

Nope.

 

Definitely not all.

 

Not an interesting topic of conversation.

 

Okay, we have a new cohort beginning. 

Kiplette, just to figure out if this is a cultural thing or not, in what country were you raised?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

 

Don't restrict yourself to second hand experience. Your own marriage must have given you enough food for thought.

 

What did you chat to your girlfriends about your husbands dangly parts?

 

Given my work and sport (MFH management and bodybuilding), I had very few close female friends between the ages of 25 and 38. My marriage was three years within those years, so it never really came up. But, in full disclosure, I've never been heterosexual as an adult. I was, for some years, bisexual, but then hubby's terrible self-centeredness and childishness cured me of wanting to take on one of those as a project ever again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, it is possible this is a cultural phenomenon of North America.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wondering whether this is actually a result of the impact the internet is having. Things such as porn revenge ( or whatever it‘s called ), selling „ hot „ secrets, writing anonymously on forums etc.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

Well, how would you characterize the fact that men are comfortable talking about women's breasts and butts, but almost never discuss women's genitals? It's an earnest question. I am curious to know your take.

 

46 minutes ago, john g. said:

Well,I have never talked about a girlfriend´s or wife´s genitals to anyone in my whole life.

 

I think therein lies the simple fact.  Men dont talk about "breasts and butts" of their girlfriends, they talk about those of women on tv etc.  "That weather girl has a great chest", whatever.  It is rare that I hear men talking about their partners bodies, and for obvious reasons they dont have much to say about other womens genitals.  That said, now that I think about it, Im pretty sure that where genitals are visible (the so called camel toe), men would discuss this just as much as any other body part.

 

44 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

I guess a lot of men are surprised to find out women talk about men's penises.

 

The sterotype of women getting together to discuss "their men" is fairly well established. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, zwiebelfisch said:

The sterotype of women getting together to discuss "their men" is fairly well established. 

 

Apparently not with British women, according to one here.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It flummoxes me that anyone, male or female, would talk about their partner’s private parts. 

 

Your friend is going to “try it out” if you praise it too much. 

 

Maybe when I was sixteen or so, but certainly not in my adult life. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, john g. said:

 I can´t remember any adult man doing that , either. I would refuse to answer any questions a man would ask about a partner´s (or even ex-partner´s ) genitals. I would say: " what makes you want to know that? "

 

Or any adult really about another adult they have an intimate connection with.

 

Strikes me as best immature or at worst disrespectful to the sexual partner.

 

Perhaps socio economic class plays a role?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zwiebelfisch said:

 

The sterotype of women getting together to discuss "their men" is fairly well established. 

 

Stereotype maybe.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I´m from the working class in England and none of my family there (still all pretty much working class ) asks those questions. It could be puritanism, maybe in a way, but I think , basically, it´s just " not on:"

(Mind you, I assume , these days, when you have stag parties all over the place...the behaviour can degenerate! )

 

Edit:yes, Kommentarlos, I agree...it would be disrespectful. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

It flummoxes me that anyone, male or female, would talk about their partner’s private parts. 

 

Your friend is going to “try it out” if you praise it too much. 

 

I too find it pretty weird.  I remember when I was at university one of the female students started talking about her boyfriend (dont know how it came up) and I distinctly remember her describing him as being like a packet of biscuits. It didnt sem to phase anyone, but honestly it was pretty weird.

 

1 minute ago, Kommentarlos said:

Or socio economic class could also be a factor.

 

Well yes, it could be, but honestly if any guy asks his friend "whats your girlfriends X like" (pick your favourite euphenism for X), he is likely to get punched in the face.  I cannot imagine there is much of that conversation going on.

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now