What's got you flummoxed today?

7,080 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Who are you again?

Nope.  I am going to stick with you being the source of your own discomfort.

If you go about daily life with this attitude then people are hardly going to,warm to you.

I am flummoxed as to why you repeatedly invoke the opinion your wife in your internet arguments. I do not understand how you think that it gives your perspectives more weight. 

1 minute ago, Kommentarlos said:

Nope.  I am going to stick with you being the source of your own discomfort.

If you go about daily life with this attitude then people are hardly going to,warm to you.

I am flummoxed as to why you repeatedly invoke the opinion your wife in your internet arguments. I do not understand how you think that it gives your perspectives more weight. 

Okay, dude. You have a good day.

15 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

Nope.  I am going to stalk  ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ you

FTFY

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, a teeny bit flummoxed at the aggressiveness of some Drivers at Berlin Tegel yesterday, driving in and out was fine but at Tegel itself, beeping screaming shouting etc.

Must be something in the air

12 hours ago, balticus said:

Ask her what she is planning to make with whatever she is buying.  

Don't do that when it is TP.

Two  What's got you flummoxed today?  threads?

Perhaps the mods can nuke the other?

On 18.5.2019, 07:29:09, LeCheese said:

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, a teeny bit flummoxed at the aggressiveness of some Drivers at Berlin Tegel yesterday, driving in and out was fine but at Tegel itself, beeping screaming shouting etc.

Must be something in the air

Rain must have washed it out of the air as  it was sweetness and smiles a few hours ago at Tegel

Hung like a...., ah, ON a cross.

I'll take my coat.

Why do the climbers go up while knowing about the overcrowding at the top?

A British climber has died on the slopes Mount Everest in Nepal after reaching the summit of the world’s highest mountain, according to reports.

Robin Haynes Fisher, 44, died in the so-called “death zone” known for low levels of oxygen on his attempted descent from the summit on Saturday morning, a Nepalese tourism department official told Reuters.

Murari Sharma, managing director of the Everest Parivar Treks company that helped arrange the logistics of Mr Fisher’s journey, said: “He died because of weakness after a long ascent and difficult descent.”

The Foreign Office is looking into reports that a British climber had died, but has not yet been formally informed of any incident.

The British citizen is the tenth fatality on Mount Everest in the current climbing season, according to The Himalayan Times. The death is also the 20th across the Himalayan mountain range during the climbing season, which ends later this month.

I read that Mandy Moore (This Is Us) has started her ascent.

link

8 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Why do the climbers go up while knowing about the overcrowding at the top?

I think it's a case of really really wanting to go, training for it extensively and / or paying loads of money to go with a guide.  There was a lady a few years ago who made it to the top and she spent too long up there looking at the view and died going down.  Her husband said she must have died happy or something like that.

Lifetime ambitions and dreams it seems, and a limited time to do it in.  I read they can only climb to the summit between March and May, after that it isn't possible because of the weather.

2 Irish men lost their lives there just this week in separate incidents, I wonder do their wives and children think it's worth it.

I was absolutely gobsmacked when I saw the queues on Everest shown on the news last night.  They're going to have to restrict the numbers.

FFS. It costs $11k to buy a permit to be allowed to climb it. This morning when it came up on the news, my Schwabisch wife said, "Don't you ever even ask me." 

30 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

FFS. It costs $11k to buy a permit to be allowed to climb it. This morning when it came up on the news, my Schwabisch wife said, "Don't you ever even ask me." 

Those facts are enlightening and somewhat sad, that these people that want to be "at one with nature" leave so much crap on the mountain.

Can't think of any other sport or pastime that would be allowed to continue after death rates like that. :blink:

38 minutes ago, hooperski said:

Those facts are enlightening and somewhat sad, that these people that want to be "at one with nature" leave so much crap on the mountain.

I'll work at being at one with nature here at home. I've recently embarked on a mission to cut our plastics consumption by half. It's going okay so far. Seriously, though, nature is out there free for the experiencing. Why try to buy it?