What's got you flummoxed today?

6,455 posts in this topic

I'm completely flummoxed that people post on a public forum and then get a huge bug up their ass about who responds to them.

Regarding the crossbow killings in Passau -

Local media reported that the man and the 33-year-old woman were found dead in bed holding hands, with bolts in their heads and chests.

and then this -

Police said the town's prosecutor had ordered autopsies which aimed to ascertain the cause and circumstances of the deaths.

A wee bit flummoxed, I am.

Walking back from dropping my car off at the garage this morning, I stopped to talk to a neighbour.

She was taking her toddler out of her car, the toddler was dressed in just his pyjamas.

The toddler had snot running from his nose, she told me he was "full of cold".

The temperature was hovering around 10c, don't younger mothers these days wrap up their children warm anymore.

35 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

Regarding the crossbow killings in Passau -

and then this -

A wee bit flummoxed, I am.

What if drugs were used beforehand? The key word is circumstances.

On 11/05/2019, 13:08:37, hooperski said:

Pregnant women with WiFi.

D6IycGTX4AAQvSz.jpg:large

Could it also be for bloated person with loud stomach. After all, sitting might help hold it in before a big brown smelly explosion happens:ph34r:

2 hours ago, French bean said:

What if drugs were used beforehand? The key word is circumstances.

What if? Doesn't look like they succumbed to a drug overdose.

Just now, fraufruit said:

What if? Doesn't look like they succumbed to a drug overdose.

True. Now the guy was in his 50's, the generation that took LSD which is now out of favour. Anyone who knows LSD will know that you can have flashbacks and not all trips are good. Probably no connection but the Police have to look at all possibilities.

10 hours ago, RenegadeFurther said:

Do you see the issue here?

No

Scottish teams, and supporters, have had a fractious relationship with Irish referees in the past and, while neutral referees are usually employed in cross-border games in the competition it is not mandatory.

Referees are referees. Using that logic, no referee from the Island Of Great Britain would be "neutral" in a match between teams from different UK nations.

Ulster play their home games at the Kingspan Stadium in Belfast  ( In northern Ireland, part of the UK )

You have my permission to stay flummoxed .

38 minutes ago, LeCheese said:

No

Scottish teams, and supporters, have had a fractious relationship with Irish referees in the past and, while neutral referees are usually employed in cross-border games in the competition it is not mandatory.

Referees are referees. Using that logic, no referee from the Island Of Great Britain would be "neutral" in a match between teams from different UK nations.

Ulster play their home games at the Kingspan Stadium in Belfast  ( In northern Ireland, part of the UK )

You have my permission to stay flummoxed .

You still don't get it. It is truly remarkable. 

Ulster is owned by the IRFU (Irish Rugby Football Union). Ulster players play for Ireland.  The Irish Rugby Football Union tells Ulster what players they can sign. In rugby terms Ulster is part of the Irish Rugby Football Union and part of the Ireland rugby community. 

Let me highlight your cluelessness. You think that if Wales play England in the Rugby World Cup Final it would be perfectly okay to have an Engliah referee because Cardiff is part of the UK.

Or having an English referee manage a Scotland v England match because Edinburgh is in the UK.

Am I correct here in thinking that you don't have a clue?

1 hour ago, RenegadeFurther said:

I still don't get it

FTFY

Stay flummoxed and mystified :lol:

Well, if you look at art it is so subjective, everyone went mad for artwork from  Jack Vettriano but he just copies Edward Hopper's style. The buying of a Monet for that sum is just vanity. A fool is easily parted from his money.

Why does every German look like you owe them money and they just caught you shopping?

I don't know what flummoxed me more:

that wine can be priced at £4500 or that people are willing to pay.

Mostly, I remember "wine drinkers" from Manchester as those people who frequented

Yates' Wine Lodge. (Northern Englanders will know)

A totally other clientele completely...

Kudos to the twitter/press statement admitting the mistake and standing by the staff!

Diner accidentally gets £4,500 bottle of wine in Manchester restaurant

Hawksmoor steakhouse tweets ‘chin up!’ to staff who served it, adding: ‘mistakes happen

...Wanted a wine for £260... received and drank it.... then wanted another... 1st world problems...

Full story

18 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Why does every German look like you owe them money and they just caught you shopping?

Are you talking mostly about people at the checkout who expect money after they "catch you shopping" ?

@zwiebelfisch No, I mean the look on faces in general. Did you ever have someone who owed you money? Did you ever catch them spending money on something else before they paid you? This is a particular look.

Image result for the look when you catch your friend who owes you money shopping

Maybe it's an American thing, but this look is reserved for specific situations. Every German I see has RBF.

2 hours ago, AlexTr said:

Every German I see has RBF.

Nope not my experience at all.

You might need to consider that the constant in your observation is in fact you. More like

Every German who is around me or interacts with me has RBF.

33 minutes ago, Kommentarlos said:

Nope not my experience at all.

You might need to consider that the constant in your observation is in fact you. More like

Every German who is around me or interacts with me has RBF.

It would be valid if I had not confirmed this impression with every adult, employed American I know in Germany. However, thanks for your thoughts. Let me know when you have a complete one. 

ETA: In fairness, you are probably from someplace where people are equally dour and more tolerant of an unfriendly visage.

I am still not convinced by your sample size. It has gone from one to an undefined number of individuals with whom you identify.

Not sure what being employed for example brings to the discussion.

Do you not know any self employed Americans?