What's got you flummoxed today?

6,498 posts in this topic

If you have any insight into the name of the song, composer, and/or timeframe, it would be much appreciated.   It isn't "Jack Straw".  ;) 

 

Thanks for any suggestions.  

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, balticus said:

If you have any insight into the name of the song, composer, and/or timeframe, it would be much appreciated.   It isn't "Jack Straw"

 

Funiculì, funiculà  by Luigi Denza born 1846 died 1922

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

prego ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a Siemens dishwasher. Last night I loaded it up and set it to run right as we went to bed. I noticed that it had not begun spraying water around after three minutes run time and was just humming. I opened it and it had standing water in the bottom. I closed it again and it once again did not run. So, I drained it using the feature buttons and started it again. Then, it ran. 

 

I am running it empty now just to see what it does and again, it runs. 

 

Am I facing a dying water pump or is it a one-off? Who knows?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it ran twice since, sound she like a one off hopefully.   Our Siemens sometimes takes a bit longer to start spraying...any oddities are usually due to bad loading and blocked spray arms. I often take out all of the filters and put them in the rack, clear the spray arm nozzles and run on empty hot, occasionally with a bit of bleach in the dispenser. Apparently bleach isn't recommended though I wipe the seals etc when done.  

 

We once had a draining problem because the sink pipe was blocked. Never use any drain unblocking chemicals directly in the machine.

 

https://removeandreplace.com/2018/05/25/dishwasher-not-spraying-water-diy-how-to-fix/

 

All the best

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had someone in to fix the machine, as it wouldn't start. No water was being let in.

 

He physically turned the (empty!) machine onto its side, saying a sensor sometimes sticks. 

 

Started straight away after that...

 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

We have a Siemens dishwasher. Last night I loaded it up and set it to run right as we went to bed. I noticed that it had not begun spraying water around after three minutes run time and was just humming. I opened it and it had standing water in the bottom. I closed it again and it once again did not run. So, I drained it using the feature buttons and started it again. Then, it ran. 

 

I am running it empty now just to see what it does and again, it runs. 

 

Am I facing a dying water pump or is it a one-off? Who knows?

 

 

Remove the drain filter in the base... then rummage around and find the drain hole...   make sure there is no obstruction..

 

Then let the machine do 2 runs with npthing in... but at full temperature!

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's running on 70 degrees (hottest) right now with no issues. Once that's done, I'll take another look at the drain mechanism. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buy a dishwasher cleaner (any given supermarket right next to the dishwasher tabs/powder you are buying anyway there's some smaller bottle saying Maschinereiniger) and let the machine run again. The water pipes leading the dirty water away tend to get stuck with grease (and in  case of what I saw when our machine got fixed are quite small in diameter and plastic tubes only, so dont use bleach or other inapropriate stuff). Then the machine can't pump the remaining water and won't start again. This can not be fixed by an empty run only. It might help your machine doing a few more runs but eventually you'll be stuck again.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpiderPig said:

 

 

Remove the drain filter in the base... then rummage around and find the drain hole...   make sure there is no obstruction..

 

Then let the machine do 2 runs with npthing in... but at full temperature!

 

This advice should also be followed for washing machines.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wherearewegoingto said:

Buy a dishwasher cleaner (any given supermarket right next to the dishwasher tabs/powder you are buying anyway there's some smaller bottle saying Maschinereiniger) and let the machine run again. The water pipes leading the dirty water away tend to get stuck with grease (and in  case of what I saw when our machine got fixed are quite small in diameter and plastic tubes only, so dont use bleach or other inapropriate stuff). Then the machine can't pump the remaining water and won't start again. This can not be fixed by an empty run only. It might help your machine doing a few more runs but eventually you'll be stuck again.

 

This.

 

Himself is in charge of cleaning the machines regularly with the appropriate products. All of our white appliances are very old and we are just waiting to see which one dies first.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wherearewegoingto said:

Buy a dishwasher cleaner (any given supermarket right next to the dishwasher tabs/powder you are buying anyway there's some smaller bottle saying Maschinereiniger) and let the machine run again. The water pipes leading the dirty water away tend to get stuck with grease (and in  case of what I saw when our machine got fixed are quite small in diameter and plastic tubes only, so dont use bleach or other inapropriate stuff). Then the machine can't pump the remaining water and won't start again. This can not be fixed by an empty run only. It might help your machine doing a few more runs but eventually you'll be stuck again.

 

Siemens recommends either their own formula or simple natrium. Since I had that, I used it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

 

Siemens recommends either their own formula or simple natrium. Since I had that, I used it.

 

The thing is to start doing it when the machine is new and not when it starts acting up. We learned that lesson a little late after a few repairs.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@fraufruit It's 10 years old, but I have a habit of throwing a cup of normal white vinegar in all DWs every quarter or the little food processor in them starts to smell. I will admit to at least twice that I remember throwing in a splash of bleach, but it didn't seem to help as much as the vinegar so I gave it up. Anyway, 10 years old. Runs like a top again. It did look like a grease clog which is unsurprising after my fried chicken Sunday dinner.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fraufruit said:

 

The thing is to start doing it when the machine is new and not when it starts acting up. We learned that lesson a little late after a few repairs.

Yes. Exactly the same here. Thats a learning. The mechanic urgently recommended weekly use of such products. However haven't heard of using Natrium though. I take it as standard household salt? Pure Natrium is a little tricky in handling.😖

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Wherearewegoingto said:

Pure Natrium is a little tricky in handling.😖

 

One tab of pure sodium in the machine and run like hell...

 

Now there is a suggestion for that TV show, 'Don't try this at home'

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, HH_Sailor said:

 

One tab of pure sodium in the machine and run like hell...

 

Now there is a suggestion for that TV show, 'Don't try this at home'

 

 

Already been done Mr Sailor. German TV show "Nicht nachmachen". i do not watch any German telly but this is an exception.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I fell asleep at half time last night when Liverpool were 1 -0 up against Barcelona. I woke up at 4 this morning and thought: "hm, what happened?"

Then I found out!

:lol:

Bloody hell! Found the highlights on some Arabic language channel!

Absolutely amazing!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now