What's got you flummoxed today?

6,873 posts in this topic

Holy Shit.  What a nightmare of a world she has woken up to.

As she was in a coma during her learning years, I wonder if she still has the capacity to learn. Fingers crossed.

You know that your cat is very cross with you when she carefully executes an evil protest...Clearly she, the biggest cat with the biggest bladder, had noted the exact manufacturer's recommended date of cat litter renewal and angry that stupid human had dared to exceeded this by a day or so.

During normal chaos of morning cat feeding and breakfast making, I heard an alarmingly loud whoosh of water. Fearing a burst pipe, I rushed to investigate. Her evilness had  located herself at the top of our second floor open staircase and let loose a giant waterfall that ended in the celler. Lovely...the big cleanup has taken ages.  

Fear not kitty, I shall remain your humble servant and ensure that your hygiene needs are met in a timely manner!

19 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

There's a sell by date on cat litter???

It's a silicate crystal litter that absorbs wet stuff, big needs frequent removal. The whole lot needs to be replaced every 2-3 weeks. Quite expensive though best to neutralize odour, antibacterial, super lightweight and compostable. When the poor DHL man used to bring the heavy stuff (24kg), he always commented...'Katzen sollen doch im Garten scheissen'!  

1 hour ago, emkay said:

You know that your cat is very cross with you when she carefully executes an evil protest...Clearly she, the biggest cat with the biggest bladder, had noted the exact manufacturer's recommended date of cat litter renewal and angry that stupid human had dared to exceeded this by a day or so.

During normal chaos of morning cat feeding and breakfast making, I heard an alarmingly loud whoosh of water. Fearing a burst pipe, I rushed to investigate. Her evilness had  

located herself at the top of our second floor open staircase and let loose a giant waterfall that ended in the celler. Lovely...the big cleanup has taken ages.  

Fear not kitty, I shall remain your humble servant and ensure that your hygiene needs are met in a timely manner!

my kitty started peeing in strange places as he got older and his kidneys weaker.

he really liked to pee in/on bags.  PLASTIC bags, which was actually pretty ok as it caught the pee so didn't soak into anything soft. 

One time I left my purse on the floor...it was flopped open...can you guess?

he wasn't evil though.  just old and starting to get sick :(

1 minute ago, lisa13 said:

my kitty started peeing in strange places as he got older and his kidneys weaker.

he really liked to pee in/on bags.  PLASTIC bags, which was actually pretty ok as it caught the pee so didn't soak into anything soft. 

One time I left my purse on the floor...it was flopped open...can you guess?

he wasn't evil though.  just old and starting to get sick :(

Poor old boy....no, in our case it was pure protest. She's young and already peeved that we had house guests recently that disrupted her normal zen like existence.

I am still pondering this one.

A guy came into the store today to hand in his CV and apply for a job.

He was wearing a tee-shirt and tracksuit bottoms.

Whilst talking to me about wanting to get a job, he stood there scratching his balls!

I don't know if it was him being nervous or whatever, but I can tell you all right now that I won't be recommending him for a job at our place!!!

I was just about to post a comment about ego v heart, dear rob,...deeply philosophical and metaphysical etc  and then i saw your post just now and decided to think about a new comment: but my heart is no longer in it!:o..and my ego will have to wait.

Sorry to have disturbed you, John.

Maybe a good old scratch would help restore things?

:-)

Troubled souls find relief in multi-facetted ways. Doesn't surprise me at all.

My own flummox is that the macho 85-year-old ex-director of music puffs into his flugelhorn with such musical insensitivity (thereby sabotaging my younger, female efforts just because I got the solo and not him). He is an intelligent man but way, way past his best. And is still raucously trying to defend his patch, spoiling things for others instead of letting go gracefully.

13 hours ago, robinson100 said:

I am still pondering this one.

A guy came into the store today to hand in his CV and apply for a job.

He was wearing a tee-shirt and tracksuit bottoms.

Whilst talking to me about wanting to get a job, he stood there scratching his balls!

I don't know if it was him being nervous or whatever, but I can tell you all right now that I won't be recommending him for a job at our place!!!

I hope you are not being sexist.  And that if a woman came in scratching her balls you would treat her the same way!

I bet you will soon not be allowed to discriminate against people with crabs - or worse - but I'm flummoxed to imagine what the indignant politically correct would call it. Crabbist? Genitally challenged?

Finally made it inside the "Taste of Britain" shop in Frankfurt (it's normally closed when I go past).

It's 99% just processed food from the UK but at 4 or 5 times the price. Hmmmmm. Why is this place still open?

The person there has integrated well though. I tried to be friendly and chat a bit but no cigar.

19 minutes ago, sos-the-rope said:

It's 99% just processed food from the UK

What fresh unprocessed food from the UK were you expecting, if I may ask? Well, other than tea.

On ‎2019‎-‎04‎-‎29‎ ‎5‎:‎17‎:‎44‎, emkay said:

Poor old boy...no, in our case it was pure protest. She's young and already peeved that we had house guests recently that disrupted her normal zen like existence.

A  rebel- I like that!

21 minutes ago, sos-the-rope said:

Finally made it inside the "Taste of Britain" shop in Frankfurt (it's normally closed when I go past).

It's 99% just processed food from the UK but at 4 or 5 times the price. Hmmmmm. Why is this place still open?

The person there has integrated well though. I tried to be friendly and chat a bit but no cigar.

:)Lovers of Marmite, Garibaldi,  ginger biscuits,  will pay anything!