What's got you flummoxed today?

6,655 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I can't get past front hole.

Story of my life. :(

9 hours ago, hooperski said:

Story of my life. :(

If you want some celebrity scandal flying round the webs at the moment check out what a "tossed salad" is on the urban dictionary. One of our esteemed bluebloods has been busy...

14 hours ago, snowingagain said:

Wow.   According the Human Rights Campaign, the largest LGBT organisation in the US

"FRONT HOLE: We use this word to talk about internal genitals, sometimes referred to as a vagina. A front hole may self-lubricate, depending on age and hormones.

VAGINA: We use this word to talk about the genitals of trans women who have had bottom surgery."

So women no longer have vaginas, but a "front hole".  Only trans women who have plastic surgery to make a hole get to get it call it a vagina.

https://assets2.hrc.org/files/assets/resources/Trans_Safer_Sex_Guide_FINAL.pdf

Cool story, bro.

From page one.

This is a safer sex guide for transgender and gender expansive people, and for our partners and lovers.

So, it has nothing to do with cisgendered females...when you actually bother to read it. You know, like a person.

17 hours ago, snowingagain said:

Wow.   According the Human Rights Campaign, the largest LGBT organisation in the US

"FRONT HOLE: We use this word to talk about internal genitals, sometimes referred to as a vagina. A front hole may self-lubricate, depending on age and hormones.

VAGINA: We use this word to talk about the genitals of trans women who have had bottom surgery."

So women no longer have vaginas, but a "front hole".  Only trans women who have plastic surgery to make a hole get to get it call it a vagina.

https://assets2.hrc.org/files/assets/resources/Trans_Safer_Sex_Guide_FINAL.pdf

I find that terminology confusing too. 

Same for referring to a biologically grown penis on a pre-surgery trans woman as a "strapless". How do I know which word to use with a trans woman who has no desire to have bottom surgery?  does she have a penis, or is that a strapless too, even if she wants to keep it?  And is it permitted for a trans man who doesn't want to have bottom surgery to refer to his "front hole" as a "vagina" since it's not pending removal?  Is his doctor allowed to call it a "vagina" since that is the medical term, or would that be offensive?

and this one really leaves me flummoxed:  apparently external genitals are to be referred to as a "dick" on a person of any gender, regardless of size or shape of said external genitals.  So I take it to mean that labia and/or a clitoris should also be referred to as a "dick"?  Do trans women actually and truly still want to have a "dick" after bottom surgery?  That surprises me to say the least.

I think it's fine if people want to re-define commonly understood words, but I suspect there is likely lots of confusion in the making with a lot of potential for claims of "disrespect".  I'm sorry but it's in no way "disrespectful" to not understand or be confused by this lingo.  Maybe taking the time to clarify or explain the rational behind some word re-definitions (and they ARE redefining words here!) would be more productive than assuming that lack of comprehension = lack of respect.

Thank goodness they have also included the catch-all:  "parts".  I'm going with that as the only safe option from here out. 

However I reserve the right to continue to refer to my own parts as a vagina, labia, and clitoris, thanks.

It is especially confusing since things are normally trnding against labeling at all. Hipsters prefer not to be labeled as such. A person is to be referred to as “they” rather than with a gender-specific pronoun. 

I would find “front hole” especially *offensive.

*I almost used “distasteful” but thought better of it :ph34r:

17 minutes ago, A.N.Other said:

It is especially confusing since things are normally trnding against labeling at all. Hipsters prefer not to be labeled as such. A person is to be referred to as “they” rather than with a gender-specific pronoun. 

I would find “front hole” especially *offensive.

*I almost used “distasteful” but thought better of it :ph34r:

That's the cool part of being respected enough to have people use the terms you prefer. I am sure that this is far from settled language in the trans community. I ceased donating to HRC in the 90s when it became clear that they served primarily the white, male, cisgendered and blending community of gays and would rather the rest of us stayed out of the way and just gave money. They only very recently latched onto inclusiveness because they realized they were losing support in the community. 

It still doesn't change the fact that if you want to comment on a document you should read the whole fucking thing. 

Letter Kenny Embarassing GIF - LetterKenny Embarassing GIFs

I only talk about my private parts with a couple of girlfriends. We commiserate over aging, etc. and give each other tips. While I greatly respect these new terms, I can't imagine ever needing to use them. Genitals just don't come up in every day conversation.

I do appreciate being informed, AlexTr.

^^This. I can count the number of people I speak to about my bidness on one hand and three of them are doctors.

10 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

It still doesn't change the fact that if you want to comment on a document you should read the whole fucking thing. 

How boring the world would be, if people only commented on the things they really knew and understood. 

@A.N.Other  Touché...

wait for it...

Or is that too personal?

7 minutes ago, AlexTr said:

@A.N.Other  Touché...

wait for it...

Or is that too personal?

You completely lost me here. 

@A.N.Other Well, we all know the best jokes are the ones you have to explain. Try saying that out loud. I'm not a WASP, but maybe you are. In which case, that will never make any sense to you.

Call me old-fashioned, but I think a guide to how to talk to anyone about their "parts" - whether cis, L, B, G, T, or Q - should be about as long as the pamphlet on "Famous Jewish Sports Legends":

DON’T