What's got you flummoxed today?

5,932 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, lisa13 said:

for an otherwise well educated group of people, I am regularly amazed (and yes disgusted, too, when someone coughs all over me) at how ignorant so many people are here...

Cultural differences... oh boy. This takes me back to a "lady" I had the misfortune of having to "work" with (she didn't, and got away with it... you wouldn't believe how). No delicacy or consideration for third parties at all. Yes these people exist. Rednecks in fine clothing.

Or should he be Twat of the day ?

Did you consent to being born? 
Why one man is suing his parents for giving birth to him

Raphael Samuel, a 27-year-old antinatalist from Mumbai, 
believes it was wrong for his mother and father 
to create him without his consent

Wasn't asked to be born

He clearly does not have a lot of foresight. I quote:

“I love my parents,” he writes on Facebook, “and we have a great relationship,"

Not for much longer...

Offensive to Brits? Kid's Gymnasium homework...which would you choose, A or B? Any ideas on how to argue each case within 4 minutes...?

IMG_6537.JPG.b83fbda2c1272125a7f0dd9decb

Just show them an episode of Fawlty Towers and laugh it off!

I personally am not offended!

4 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I dunno. There have been whole TV series on Brits behaving badly in Spain, etc. B)

I remember a woman complaining recently about Spanish people at the hotel in Spain and asking surely the Spanish can holiday somewhere else.

An interesting parallel about UK 9 year students with an assignment about the effect of Polish people living in Peterborough. 

poles.JPG

True, fraufruit! Millions go there every year. The youngsters...ah well, can be dumb letting off steam. It is easy to forget how dumb it is to be 18-25!!:lol: ( I  have also forgotten!! )

PS: interesting how the teacher chose the name Guerrero (warrior) for the Spanish guy!!!

Caught a few minutes of a documentary about easyjet this afternoon, didn't show Brits in a very good light.

Man too pissed to be allowed to board, the other over jealous passengers broke the toilet seat, wouldn't shut up for the safety talk.

Then just a load of noisy, loud mouthed arses making a nuisance of themselves.

If the cap fits ... ... ... :( sad but true.

0/10, would not recommend.

10 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

I dunno. There have been whole TV series on Brits behaving badly in Spain, etc. B)

Posted twice..is that what they call a double whammy?

:D

(just letting off juvenile steam!! )

On 4.2.2019, 13:50:40, HH_Sailor said:

The PDP11 was the most successful computer (not personal computer )  of the 1970's.

Had a lot of experience of them back in Blackheath Lane where I studied computer science.

(That's "IT" to you young folk)

I did my third-year project on a PDP-11 whilst studying Computer Science at the beginning of the 1970s...

But it wasn't a /70 - would have been an earlier model.

The first computer I had my hands on was a PDP-8  (12-bit words).

20 minutes ago, fraufruit said:

12 minutes ago, hooperski said:

Caught a few minutes of a documentary about easyjet this afternoon, didn't show Brits in a very good light.

I've previously written about arriving one morning at Ibiza airport (from Hamburg) & whilst waiting for our luggage to appear observed the neighbouring carousell where a vast group of adult passengers plus small children were somewhat loudly awaiting their luggage.  Their plane had just come in from Glasgow & the PAXs had abviously engaged in mid-air refueling.  Poor kids.

Thankfully we were staying in a non-Brit area.