What's got you flummoxed today?

5,929 posts in this topic

Please hold all other news for the next 24 hours, because Celine Dion just rendered half the internet incapable of moving after debuting her latest Paris Haute Couture Fashion Week look. While arriving at the Folies Bergere Music Hall in Paris, Dion channeled her inner chic flight attendant with Alexandre Vauthier Haute Couture.

I can sort of understand the "incapable of moving" aspect.

here

I ran the virus scanner on the laptop (Win7) this weekend and found 

1. there are over 7 million files on there
  2. it takes something over 48hrs to scan them all

22 minutes ago, HH_Sailor said:

I ran the virus scanner on the laptop (Win7) this weekend and found 

1. there are over 7 million files on there
  2. it takes something over 48hrs to scan them all

They want to force you to upgrade to  Win 10!

23 hours ago, fraufruit said:

I can sort of understand the "incapable of moving" aspect.

here

Think she needs to stick to singing. Looking like a Mannaquin is definately not her thing - unless it's all part of Brand management.

I do not know how I could have believed I would get a good cut from a 16 year-old trainee hairdresser under the  all-important supervision of a master hairdresser. I guess I thought he would correct the mess before I left... wrong...

Or simply different values. (Her brother was on the same band-wagon.)

We are the products of our education.

Some people will look you in the eye and lie through their teeth knowing it's hard to prove them wrong.

The future of the 300 closely packed chateaux – which cost an estimated £151m to build – is now uncertain and the project has become a cautionary tale for other developers in Turkey’s debt-laden construction sector.

Are you looking for a "Disney style" castle - with views of the neighbours (in their castle) ??

Seems there are quite a few in Turkey on this development. 

If I had the USD 500.000 for such a property, I personally would want some land, space, distance around it.

But then what do I know about marketing...

Nearly built castles in Turkey

Official website

On 30/01/2019, 15:58:13, HH_Sailor said:

If I had the USD 500.000 for such a property, I personally would want some land, space, distance around it.

Seen the same thing in France, except there wooden alpine chalets cost a couple of million. Cheek by jowl. For Russians and Chinese buyers maybe? (Then they complain the locals cannot afford a place to live and have to leave the valley, resulting in a collapse of the local economy.)

The PDP11 was the most successful computer (not personal computer )  of the 1970's.

Had a lot of experience of them back in Blackheath Lane where I studied computer science.

(That's "IT" to you young folk)

So imagine my state of flummox when I discovered someone is marketing a replica

of said computer a perfect blinky,blinky type box (ok only 2/3 full size) but every bit

as powerful when emulated by a Raspberry PI.

PiDP-11: RECREATING THE PDP-11/70

PDP11-pi.PNG

new coworker has a cold and has been walking around the office coughing with abandon.  no, he doesn't make any attempt to cover his mouth at all - just spewing his sick all over everything and everyone as he walks around (and he walks around a lot)

but when I was headed out to get lunch without my scarf, he chided me - "ohhh...you need to cover your neck!  you're gong to catch a cold!"

for an otherwise well educated group of people, I am regularly amazed (and yes disgusted, too, when someone coughs all over me) at how ignorant so many people are here about how communicable illnesses spread ;)