What's got you flummoxed today?

6,934 posts in this topic

These cases and when to use which one and what IS a preposition and which one is used under what circumstances and how on Earth do people keep this stuff straight in their heads? and why did they stop teaching English grammar?

I am flummoxed by the apparently perceived indestructibility of student cyclists on Schelling Strasse. Yesterday I was driving up Schelling Strasse towards the church. Ahead of me and going in the same direction as I were three cyclists riding abreast, apparently having a good chat and weaving all over the road. There was no oncoming car, but coming towards me were also three cyclists riding abreast. What did I do? I straddled the center line of the road and barely passed between the six cyclists. The oncoming one nearest the center of the road had no light on (it was dark) and was riding hands-free. As he passed me, he put out his hand and stroked my car. What is it with people counting coup on my mini? (See my unhappy post about the cyclist kicking my car).

I think they must all be high. Or there is some student movement to turn Schelling into a bike path...

Immortality? Immortality blows.

Here's why I'm flummoxed: Why would anybody want to be immortal in such a catastrophic world, where there are chances, or even - where it is legal for Obama not to make the Dem nomination?

There are no flights from Munich airport to Gdansk, Poland. Instead, they have flights to "Danzig"... can only imagine the fuel surcharge for time travel... but what I don't understand is: if my passport was issued in 2000, can i still get a visa for "Danzig"? It is a time difference of over 70 yrs, you know.

On the good side, they will soon have flights to Constantinople, New Amsterdam, and Saigon.

Why do people preface saying some juicy news or any news for that matter with, "DO NOT TELL ANYONE!" Should I then assume whatever I tell this person regardless of subject is available for distribution to the masses? Mums has been the word with me whenever I hear anything and usually I forget whatever it is five minutes later... :rolleyes:

It's back, by the way. I suppose it belongs to the Marienhof-set as the destination is Marienhof.

I am flummoxed because I went for a mammogram and they took three pictures.

EDIT: Read "exposures" for "pictures".

why do smart people make the same mistakes over and over ?

I have a co-worker (in another office) that insists on putting smiley faces after every email. This is not someone I know and the emails are purely business. I email her to update some file, she emails back to say it is done and for some unknown reason thinks a smiley face is appropriate. Annoying.

I sent my boss an e-mail: Do you want me to follow Plan A (explanation) or is Plan B your choice.

His answer was "yes".