What's got you flummoxed today?

4,632 posts in this topic

Trying to do my German VHS homework and I just can not figure it out!

Not a rant or rave, not happy or sad..

Just totally flummoxed!

Whats got you Baffled today?

I am still trying to figure out why Hawaii has Interstates. Flummoxed to the power of ten I am. :wacko:

Because you copied it from my Aqua-Non, the handy dry water compound.

Why does naan dough stick to my fingernails even after I have scrubbed them?

My 3 year old not winning at anything generates instant water so it can hardly be considered an original idea.

I wanted to contribute to this thread. But I really couldn't find anything to add. Shame.

Yep Tas means tasmania. 8 hour day is to celebrate the introduction of the 8 hour working day (8 hours work, 8 hours rest, 8 hours play), but really its just an excuse to have a public holiday.

And what on earth is 8 hours day in Australia-TAS (I assume thats Tasmania?)

Comes from the Labour movement, it would be celebrating working hours being set at 8hrs per day (plus rest for 8 and 8 for fun), so you can think of it like Labour Day elsewhere. Unions have marches, speeches are given, that sort of thing and sometimes you'll still see the number 8 used in union iconography.

I was bemused by my boss this morning, but that's more a constant state than anything else.

People, specifically stupid people. They flummox me ever damn day! There should be like an IQ test and if you don't pass it then you go to the Soylent Green line. :rolleyes:

My cat. Well, the male one. He can sniff out a bag of crisps in a closed cupboard, open the cupboard and pull out the drawer to get to the bag. He then eats them one by one. Why would a cat like crappy paprika chips?

My kids hid the junk food they bought with their allowance and are going to be bummed when they realize he likes erdnuss flips as well.

I suppose I could get up and stop him, but I hate erdnuss flips.

Why would a cat like crappy paprika chips?

Deffo the MSG. This belongs in the zoology thread. Or the sensory neuroscience thread, but we don't have that. Come to think of it, we don't have a zoology thread either *rushes off*

Why anyone would call someone else and tell them about how they are heading out on a date with their BOYfriend.. Hello ( :blink: not me but I just got the flummoxed phone call from a friend) its a Double flummoxed.. it also takes brass balls!

Why do Brits, Americans, Canadians etc who live in Germany still say & write Nuremburg??

And why do they have to say "Hesse" for Hessen instead of "Hessen"?? Same number of syllables if you say "Hessen" compared to "Hesse". Unless you pronounce "Hesse" as ´"Hess". As in "Rudolf Hess", that is.