Handling the aftermath of a car accident

65 posts in this topic

Trying to wake up this thread.

Last year I had a car accident using a car2go / Share Now vehicle. The car2go insurance took the 1000 EUR deductable, and I had hired a lawyer for any potential issues as I was partly to be blamed for the accident. The car did lose 40% of its value.

In the end the police waived off any fine on me, and the car rental insurance never came back if they wanted to press more claims or to close it. 

Meanwhile I am looking to buy a car this year, and I do not understand if this would impact the SF Class with the car insurance.

Does anyone here have experience on this?

4 hours ago, bazing said:

I am looking to buy a car this year, and I do not understand if this would impact the SF Class with the car insurance.

Does anyone here have experience on this?

When you shop around for car insurance online they ask for SF class, Year when you got the licence etc. They never ask if your crash history. Based on your details they calculate the premium. So just fill up the questions Correctly. 

Don't know about "never"...

I was asked if I'd been involved in an accident.

Answer truthfully, otherwise they won't payout next time and that'll be *very* expensive.

It's a no *claim* bonus and not a no *blame* bonus.

We were asked to produce a letter from previous insurance with. " years of accident free/ no claims " listed.

So, at some point in the application you may be asked about recent accidents.